(Interest Check) Ghost Ops OSR

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

dokel

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I recently picked up a pdf copy of Ghost Ops OSR. The blurb reads as follows:

"Inspired by games like the White Box by Matt Finch and Survive This: Zombies by Bloat Games we have created a modern-day special Operations OSR game, where your team of operators can infiltrate terrorist cells, take down drug cartels and capture HVTs."

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in some small-unit unconventional warfare shenanigans. If so, RV is two klicks north of the DZ at zero eight hundred hours. Or you could just post here :smile:

I would be interested but have too many PbP games right now to join another. If I die spectacularly though in one of those games I’ll be up for it!

It's really nice to see some interest - honestly I thought it was looking like a non-starter. I'm thinking we need four players (to make up a fire team) before we go operational. And it would be best if everyone had access to the rules (the pdf is pretty cheap). I'm happy to discuss what particular flavour of game people are interested in (taking down drug cartels, anti-terrorism etc) and if anyone wants to post a character it's 3d6 in order, anything less than 9 raised to 9.

I was also going to add a couple of extra background options...

Extra Backgrounds...

United States - SEAL Team Six
Attribute: Skill

United States - 75th Ranger Regiment
Attribute: Combat

United Kingdom – Special Boat Service
Attribute: Stealth

United Kingdom – Special Reconnaissance Regiment
Attribute: Investigate

For your background attribute your can reroll using 4d6 and drop lowest (and let's say anything lower than 13 is raised to 13).

Last edited:
It's really nice to see some interest - honestly I thought it was looking like a non-starter. I'm thinking we need four players (to make up a fire team) before we go operational. And it would be best if everyone had access to the rules (the pdf is pretty cheap). I'm happy to discuss what particular flavour of game people are interested in (taking down drug cartels, anti-terrorism etc) and if anyone wants to post a character it's 3d6 in order, anything less than 9 raised to 9.

I was also going to add a couple of extra background options...
Just got the rules there dokel dokel . I'll give them a read through then throw up a character on here.

I've been looking through the rules and a few things look a bit wonky (yay the OSR :tongue:). In particular, Operators look a little fragile compared to the average Tango (a Rogue Hacker has 5 HD - that's basically a computer nerd in a beanie). Also the weapon list ain't quite right imo. So, prepare for houserules.

Unfortunately I have too many PBPs ongoing for me to sign up for another. Maybe I should orchestrate some TPKs to free myself of the burdens... :hehe:

Every morning I wake up to find Pustar still alive is a genuine surprise :tongue:

Also, they don't seem to have included any sort of Base Attack Bonus based on class and level. So let's fix that:

Base attack bonus = current level/2 round down (+1 for Assault)

Anyway...

I have this idea for a mission set in the northern part of Shan State, involving a Wa Drug Warlord who has revived the ancient tradition of headhunting and has captured a group of American tourists. Main mission objectives: Eliminate all hostiles, secure site, locate hostages, call for extraction. Secondary mission objectives: locate and retrieve available intel. A pretty straightforward starting scenario.

Name: Jake Winters

jake.jpg

Combat: 11
Fitness: 5 -> 9
Investigate: 11 (modified by Background)
Rapport: 8 -> 9
Stealth: 6 -> 9
Skill: 6 -> 9

Background: United States - Delta Force
Class: Assault

HP: 1 :cry:
AC: 12 (IMTV with -2 from Fitness)

Jungle Loadout:
Weapons
Grenades
IMTV
IFAK