Interest Check: Mythender

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Baeraad

Delicate Snowflake
Reaction score
I've been looking to try out Mythender, the game of heavy metal godslaying. So I'm looking for 3-4 players who want to go down to Helheim, find Hela the goddess of the dishonoured dead, and punch her so hard in her half-rotted face that she fades from the memories of Man. Any takers? :smile:

The rules can be had for free at drivethrough. Don't worry about getting tangled up in all the intricacies - I'm new at this too, so I'm bound to make a bunch of mistakes myself.

So with the number of dice required- how are you handling that in a PbF? (I usually play pbems so excuse me if this is a silly question. Just wanted to try Mythender)

So with the number of dice required- how are you handling that in a PbF? (I usually play pbems so excuse me if this is a silly question. Just wanted to try Mythender)

I'd be happy to run it on the honour system, but if the players feel strongly about it, I might suggest Orokos. :smile:

Hmm, no other takers, it seems. Want to try anyway? There are rules for having just a single Mythender, though I'm not entirely convinced by them - I think at the very least you're going to have to spam a lot of Mythic attacks just to keep up. Still, we could give it a go.

Nah... I'll leave you to come up with something that you can run for more people instead of monopolizing your time :smile:

I might consider joining, but could you give me a few days to clear out whether some other games I've applied to are actually going to start?

I might consider joining, but could you give me a few days to clear out whether some other games I've applied to are actually going to start?

Sure. We're not getting anywhere without at least one more player anyway. :smile:

Sure. We're not getting anywhere without at least one more player anyway. :smile:
I'm sorry, guys, but not one, two games I didn't believe would start, did exactly that. Mythender has to lose, so I wouldn't suffer a player burnout. That simply would mean less gaming for many other groups as well:devil:!

I might have to drop out of another game as well, and when I tell you I'm considering pulling out of an Ars Magica game, you should know I really am at my limits:shade:!

I'm sorry, guys, but not one, two games I didn't believe would start, did exactly that. Mythender has to lose, so I wouldn't suffer a player burnout. That simply would mean less gaming for many other groups as well:devil:!

I might have to drop out of another game as well, and when I tell you I'm considering pulling out of an Ars Magica game, you should know I really am at my limits:shade:!

That's okay, today I managed to get some of my real-time players to play it with me. :shade:

That's okay, today I managed to get some of my real-time players to play it with me. :shade:
Great! I was sorry for not joining, you know...:thumbsup:
But then me burning out isn't going to lead to us playing Mythender anymore than me not joining. Except one of these would probably lead to other games folding as well:shade:.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back