Name: Cosar of the School of Somnolence

Level 1 Human Magic-User
Alignment: Neutral

STR: 12
INT: 9
WIS: 9
CON: 11
DEX: 15 (+1)
CHA: 13 (Max Hirelings: 5 Loyalty Base: +1)

HP: 5
AC: 9

Spells: Sleep

Weapons:
Dagger

Equipment:
6 torches
leather back pack
large sack
water/wine skin
1 week iron rations
10' pole
5 flasks of oil
silver mirror
belladona - bunch

38 GP remaining
Now consult the map and the in-character thread and come up with a reason why Cosar is hanging out in the marshes near Sink Hollow so we can fit you in ASAP. If you can describe your appearance, that will be helpful as well so I can tell each party what they come upon.
20180831_125913.jpg

If the place is still open.

Name: Cosar of the School of Somnolence

Level 1 Human Magic-User

Weapons:
Dagger

Equipment:
6 torches
leather back pack
large sack
water/wine skin
1 week iron rations
10' pole
5 flasks of oil
silver mirror
belladona - bunch

38 GP remaining
I love a mage stronger and dumber than the fighter

Now consult the map and the in-character thread and come up with a reason why Cosar is hanging out in the marshes near Sink Hollow so we can fit you in ASAP. If you can describe your appearance, that will be helpful as well so I can tell each party what they come upon.
Cosar was too dumb to learn magic fully on his own, murdered another and grafted his brain tissue to learn 'Sleep'. Collegium found out, legged it with teleport scroll, just before capture/death focused on childhood memories of crossing Brackish Bridge in his father's cart and was teleported to the marshes.

Looks his age (29), long black hair, slightly gaunt and pale looking from wizard lifestyle, wearing a blue robe with crescent moons on it.

So, apart from him being another PC, seems like a prime target for robbery:grin:?
A PC is just an NPC you can kill and loot later. Or just wait for something else to kill them before you loot their corpse.

A PC is just an NPC you can kill and loot later. Or just wait for something else to kill them before you loot their corpse.
In fact we may have our first chance to loot a corpse be a PC corpse. That's novel!

For ease of use, here are all the PCs in one place:
Level 1
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighting-Man
Title: Veteran
Alignment: Lawful

STR: 9
INT: 14 (+4)
WIS: 14
CON: 6 (-1)
DEX: 12
CHA: 7 (Max Hirelings: 3 Loyalty Base: +0)

HP: 6
AC: 6
XP Bonus: None
Saving Throws:
Death Ray or Poison: 10
Wands: 11
Stone: 12
Dragon Breath: 13
Staves & Spells: 14

Languages:
Dwarvish, Kobold, Gnomish, Goblin, Common, Dragonic, Orc, Elvish, Hobbitish, Dwarfsign (nonverbal)

Armor: Leather
Shield: Yes
Helm: None

Weapons:
Sword
Sling

Equipment:
6 torches
leather back pack
large sack
water/wine skin
1 week iron rations
50' of rope
5 flasks oil
15 GP
Pouch & 20 stones
Race: Elf
Level: 1 (Veteran)
Current XP: 0
XP Bonus: +5%

Strength: 13
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 11
Dexterity: 11
Constitution: 11
Charisma: 14 (max hirelings 5, +1 loyalty base)

Armor Class: 4
Hit Points: 5

Saving Throws:
Death Ray or Poison: 12
Wands: 13
Stone: 14
Dragon Breath: 15
Staves & Spells: 16

Languages: Common, Elvish, Orc, Hobgoblin, Gnoll

Armor: Chain Mail, Shield, Helm
Weapons: Sword
GP: 20
Equipment: TBD
Spells: N/A
Race: Human

Level: 1
Alignment: Lawful
Hit Points: 7
Armor Class: 7

Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Wisdom: 9
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 13
Charisma: 11

Equipment:
Sword
Leather Armor
Shield
Light Crossbow
Case of 30 Quarrels
Leather Backpack
Waterskin
14 GP

Spells: None
Human
Male
Fighting-Man
Level 1
Hit Points: 6
XP: 0

Str 16
Int 10
Wis 13
Dex 10
Con 8
Cha 12

Equipment:
Plate mail
spear
sword
dagger
3 javelins
Shield
Helmet
iron spikes
3 stakes and a mallet
wolfsbane
Rope
waterskin
1 week normal rations
1flask of oil
backpack
6 torches
Cosar of the School of Somnolence

Level 1 Human Magic-User

Weapons:
Dagger

Equipment:
6 torches
leather back pack
large sack
water/wine skin
1 week iron rations
10' pole
5 flasks of oil
silver mirror
belladona - bunch

38 GP remaining

Sink Hollow:
20181117_143034.jpg
You are between the trees and the marsh with alligators in it.

I'm guessing the corpse is a gnoll, yes? Aldon speaks gnoll, so if it is, he might recognize it? Maybe know a bit about gnolls?

I'm guessing the corpse is a gnoll, yes? Aldon speaks gnoll, so if it is, he might recognize it? Maybe know a bit about gnolls?
Yes, it's a gnoll. Aldon would likely know what they look like since he speaks their language. For our purposes, he's likely to consider them a race of tough, savage, nomadic pillagers who roam woodlands and hilly areas and take what they want by force. Usually they travel in bands. They don't get along with anyone. The only good gnoll is a dead gnoll.

Yes, it's a gnoll. Aldon would likely know what they look like since he speaks their language. For our purposes, he's likely to consider them a race of tough, savage, nomadic pillagers who roam woodlands and hilly areas and take what they want by force. Usually they travel in bands. They don't get along with anyone. The only good gnoll is a dead gnoll.
Yeah! We found a good gnoll!

Archery and Swordsmanship, the different Ways to Improve Gnoll Nature? They have different approaches and ways to train, but the goal remains the same!

Last edited:
Guess who's back...back again!

Going to be posting my new character sheet in just a minute. And this time I am staying in the running!

EDIT-Here he is...

Character Name: Antony McCoy
Race:
Human
Class:
Fighting Man
Appearance: levi.jpg
Level:

Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:

Equipment:
Axe, Leather Armor, Shield, Waterskin, 18 gp

Spells:
None

Current XP:

Last edited:
Guess who's back...back again!

Going to be posting my new character sheet in just a minute. And this time I am staying in the running!

EDIT-Here he is...

Character Name: Antony McCoy
Race: Human
Class: Fighting Man
Appearance: View attachment 6547
Level:

Strength: 11
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 8
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 10
Charisma: 15

Equipment: Axe, Leather Armor, Shield, Waterskin, 18 gp

Spells: None

Have you come up with what he's doing in the Sink Hollow/Brackish Creek area? Feel free to insert him into the game. Right now the lads are preparing to cross Brackish Creek and seek shelter in a hillside cave.

Have you come up with what he's doing in the Sink Hollow/Brackish Creek area? Feel free to insert him into the game. Right now the lads are preparing to cross Brackish Creek and seek shelter in a hillside cave.

I can figure out something, I was thinking he could be one of the local hill folk, a country peasant who stumbles upon the party and joins them.

I assume Schmutzigscheißeberg means something terrible, but I'm too frightened to look it up ...

Something like "dirty water". That's the first game where I'm planning to boil our beer!

Schmutzigscheißeberg literally means
Filthy Shit Mountain :crap:
:devil:

Yeah...does anyone notice that we just killed a 6d+3 creature? That might have been outside the expected challenge rating in newer editions of the same game:grin:!

Yeah...does anyone notice that we just killed a 6d+3 creature? That might have been outside the expected challenge rating in newer editions of the same game:grin:!
Once you're in a safe place to rest, you can expect to level up. I figure the various encounters so far are sufficient for that. Of course, you guys like to turn a safe place into a chamber of horrors, so...:hmmm:

Boyan
Male
Fighting Man 2nd level (what was the title, Swordsman?)

Str 16
Int 10
Wis 13
Dex 10
Con 8
Cha 12
HP6 (no dice to roll around here, I'll do that at home...but at least should get to 7)!

Plate mail, spear, sword, dagger, 3 javelins, shield, helmet, mail gloves, boots, iron spikes, wolfsbane, rope, waterskin, iron rations, "chestnuts".
Story: former man-at-arms of a baron. Had to run after being caught in the hay with the baron's daughter. Has met some dubious characters while they were visiting, and wouldn't mind meeting them again. Together, they met a wizard, too.
One of the initial crew, an elf, died nobly and stupidly (those often going together) while helping them all to get rich(er) by obtaining a priceless jewel...which shall remain priceless until we meet three professional jewellers and have it ascertained.

Last edited:
With the tragic death of our lackadaisical, avaricious, blasé, greedy, and insouciant elf, we have room for another player if anyone wants to roll up a PC (3d6 in order!) and join us.

From the other thread:
No, no, you've got it wrong. I'm Bulgarian, and this is quite obviously Russian:smile:!
But I've studied Russian, and it is close to Bulgarian:wink:.
I was wondering because when I used Google translate and then tried it in reverse it recognised its own translation as Russian.

So is google translate's English -> Bulgarian actually using Russian?

From the other thread:

I was wondering because when I used Google translate and then tried it in reverse it recognised its own translation as Russian.

So is google translate's English -> Bulgarian actually using Russian?
Haha, no:grin:! I just tried.

Google Translate's "Bulgarian" actually just re-wrote what Dumarest Dumarest had written in what we call "shlyokavitza"* here (using Latin alphabet for a language usually written in Cyrillic...there are usually good reasons** for that).
Then it recognised what it had written as "Russian".
And then, of course, it distorted the meaning of "Podoydi i voz'mi yego! Vy vse priglasheny na uzhin!"
The GM has actually written it right. But Google Translate, due to cyrilising it in Bulgarian, changed some letters, before even recognising Russian***.
Now, if you write the same and set it to Russian from the get-go...you'd get an almost exact translation. "Come and take it! You are all invited to dinner!"
Almost - it should be "come and get him". But that's just Google Mis-Translate earning its name:devil:!

*It's actually the same word as an alcoholic drink that can be boiled from anything at all. Kinda like "moonshine", but more varied in contents and alcohol. You can't even guess it until you tried...also, you can't guess whether it would be safe.
It's also got the connotations of dirty (people that boil it might be less than worried about hygiene), uncultured and unconcerned about manners and propriety (guess who's drinking it?), mixing everything in, regardless of whether it fits (writing a Cyrillic language with the Latin alphabet...sucks), and such. Some people will refuse to answer your posts if you write in shlyokavitza.

**I don't know if there were good linguistical reasons for writing Mongolian in Cyrillic. But there are good reasons to use letters denoting consonants that aren't used often in Western European languages, but are used widely here.

***It couldn't do otherwise. There's only 30 letters in contemporary Bulgarian, while there are 33 letters in contemporary Russian - but that's because both languages have shed some letters with first-half-of-20th-century reforms, though. There used to be more letters in both before, and even more in the previous century.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back