Interest check: Scum and Villainy

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Ok, I just wanted a reason for a mechanic to display the behaviors of a comic book reader as their vice. A far more efficient drive would serve the same purpose.

Is our ship roughly equivalent to the Stardancer, a freighter is the basic upgrades shown? It looks like the players are supposed to come together on the details of the ship and their organization...

Ok, I just wanted a reason for a mechanic to display the behaviors of a comic book reader as their vice. A far more efficient drive would serve the same purpose.

Is our ship roughly equivalent to the Stardancer, a freighter is the basic upgrades shown? It looks like the players are supposed to come together on the details of the ship and their organization...
Yes. I'm just using the Stardancer as a template for it.

The details of what the character's vice aren't all that important but I did like the concept. Although the Tanhauserverse doesn't have it out of the box, I do like the idea of incorporating a star gate network with some uncharted routes - and may do so. It won't really matter a lot for this adventure.

Mystic

Name:
Ida Dion

Alias: Zen

Look: On the tall side, plain robes with sandals being typical clothing. Dark hair, slightly toned.

Heritage: Manufactured. Born into a labouring family in one of Lamia's manufacturing facilities, Ida is technically the property of the factory management and by extension the controlling guild Tandrapratna who use the mined metals for ship hulls.

Background: Labour. As mentioned above formerly a menial factory worker at a factory that processes the materials from the mines on Lamia. When she was young she dreamed of saving up enough to settle on Denaspar, but plans changed when she discovered her abilities with the Way

Vice/Purveyor: Obligation. Ida feels her abilities oblige her to help those in the position she once had on the lowest rungs of galactic society, but particularly the downtrodden labourer on rough barely habitable worlds.

Stress: 0/9 Trauma: 0/3

INSIGHT
XP: 0/6
DOCTOR
HACK
RIG
STUDY

PROWESS
HELM
SCRAMBLE
SCRAP
SKULK

RESOLVE
ATTUNE
COMMAND
CONSORT
SWAY
Playbook Advancement: 0/8

Starting Ability
THE WAY: You can spend a gambit instead of paying any stress cost.

Special Abilities:
KINETICS:
You can push yourself to do one of the following: use the Way to throw a table-sized object with dangerous force—propel yourself briefly with superhuman speed.

Harm

(N / A)
Need Help
-1D
Less Effect
Recovery: 0/6
Armour: 0/1 Heavy: 0/1 Special: 0/1

Creds: 0
Stash: 0

Load: 3
Items:

Fine Melee Weapon (Ancient Wooden Red Staff)
Blaster
Imaging Googles
Outdated Religious Outift (Plain robes described above)

Friends:
Not totally decided yet

Last edited:
Just waiting for Bunch Bunch now. There are no geese on Rhaquos. Promise.

Just waiting for Bunch Bunch now. There are no geese on Rhaquos. Promise.
Dar Valens
"Twitch"
Appearance: lanky and pale, Dar is an addict and it shows. Dark eyes and poor teeth.
Starting Ability: Ace Pilot
Special Ability: hedonist
Heritage: Spacer - The expanse of space has been too much for Dar

Background: Labor

Vice: Stupor - hooked on some hard narcotic like substance.

Doctor *
Rig **
Helm **
Skulk *
Sway *
Scrap *
don't know if I did that right.

Friends: Chood - former employer - known since before his addiction really took hold. Never failed him but Chood values his name too much to put it in the hands of an addict. Still tries to help Dar where possible.

Enemies Marv - former employer - significant damage during last job due to intoxication

I'll be honest. Making this character has not made me more enthusiastic for the rules.

Last edited:
Dar Valens
"Twitch"
Appearance: lanky and pale, Dar is an addict and it shows. Dark eyes and poor teeth.
Starting Ability: Ace Pilot
Special Ability: hedonist
Heritage: Spacer - The expanse of space has been too much for Dar

Background: Labor

Vice: Stupor - hooked on some hard narcotic like substance.

Doctor *
Rig **
Helm **
Skulk *
Sway *
don't know if I did that right.

Friends: Chood - former employer - known since before his addiction really took hold. Never failed him but Chood values his name too much to put it in the hands of an addict. Still tries to help Dar where possible.

Enemies Marv - former employer - significant damage during last job due to intoxication

I'll be honest. Making this character has not made me more enthusiastic for the rules.
Close enough. I suggest you take a level of scrap, and look at the personal equipment article in the OOC thread. Pick a load level and equip your character as appropriate.

Close enough. I suggest you take a level of scrap, and look at the personal equipment article in the OOC thread. Pick a load level and equip your character as appropriate.
If I'm reading this right according to page 66 most of what I want can be found onboard.
I think the things he'll carry at all times are drugs, his stunner he calls "Shitstick" a multi tool and a comm device.

If I'm reading this right according to page 66 most of what I want can be found onboard.
I think the things he'll carry at all times are drugs, his stunner he calls "Shitstick" a multi tool and a comm device.
Pretty much. The ship can be assumed to have any standard equipment other than weaponry or armour; the blurb about the Tranquility discusses what's in its armoury. You can purchase anything you have CRED for unless it's illegal (in which case we can do a flashback to resolve it). Really you just need to specify what you expect to carry.

The flashback rules allow you to retcon this on the fly, but you need to specify how much LOAD you're carrying for any given activity or mission, or as a default. For the purposes of a flashback, you have the rover, which can be assumed to be able to carry any of the portable equipment, so its availability can be retconned at no cost. At the moment the only weapon anybody owns that would raise eyebrows here is RuinZealot RuinZealot's flamethrower.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back