Interest Check: Star Trek PBP

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Also, I guess he will be proficient in Tal-shaya as far as hand to hand combat goes. I really see this as being used as more of a form of self discipline, meditation and exercise for Ta'kar. It just happens to have a practical use as a form of protection as well.

I'm a bit rusty on roles. Which position is responsible for scanning stuff? And who operates shields?
Also has the weapons officer been named?

Last edited:
I'm a bit rusty on roles. Which position is responsible for scanning stuff?
Yeah, like I'm not sure if Gideon would be scanning the environment for safety. But, it seems like a Doctory thing to do.

I'm a bit rusty on roles. Which position is responsible for scanning stuff? And who operates shields?
The science officer operates the sensors, the navigator operates the shields, and the helmsman operates phases and photon torpedoes. The helmsman also has a targeting scope which is a bit like a specialized sensor. Currently Ensign Chen is at the science station, Ensign Ploog (a Tellarite) is at navigation, has Lt. Vonnegut is at the helm.

Yeah, like I'm not sure if Gideon would be scanning the environment for safety. But, it seems like a Doctory thing to do.
Generally you'd bring a medical tricorder, which can be used for biological readings like life signs, toxins, chemicals, etc., as well as medical readings, as well as a medical kit, a communicator, and a phaser. The medical tricorder wouldn't be useful for something like scanning the material composition of a building or an energy source, so you'd rely on Ta'kar's science tricorder for that sort of thing.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back