(Interest Check): Sword and Planet by Traveler or other system

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The character shall be a Bulgarian, Stoil Spisarevski because it makes total sense given the location...also, not a "military" guy, he was just a conscript who got sent (semi-randomly, meaning it wasn't his decision) at Doiran and took shortly before there was an almost inconsequential battle there. Of course, he was almost 16 at this point... but then volunteering before age was a thing for patriotic youth.
Before that, he was a folk wrestler who grew up in a village and studied to get higher education. After he returned from the front, he decided that politicians are bitches and he should have nothing to do with them anyway, so he resumed his studies.
Fast Forward the decades to 1936, and he's a minor academician in anthropology, who has just been invited to the USA for the first time. He decided to travel by zeppelin from Germany.

DEXTERITY 4d
Dodge 4d+1
Hand-to-Hand 5d
Heavy Weapons
Rayguns 4d+1

KNOWLEDGE 4d
Bureaucracy
Cultures 5d
Languages4d+1
Science 4d+1
Streetwise 4d+1
Survival 4d+1

MECHANICAL 2d
Beast Riding 2d+1
Driving
Piloting

PERCEPTION 3d
Bargain 3d+1
Command
Con
Disguise
Gambling 3d+1
Hide/Sneak
Search 3d+2

STRENGTH 3d
Climbing/Jumping 3d+1
Hand-to-Hand
Lifting 3d+1
Stamina 3d+1
Swimming

TECHNICAL 2d
Demolition
Electronic Repair
Mechanical Repair
Medicine 2d+1
Security
Sorry it took me so long!
There's no rush. We're pending Shemek hiTankolel Shemek hiTankolel and then I guess our billet will be filled.
orig.gif

Sorry Guys,

I have been away on business for the week, with hardly any internet signal to speak of. I will post my stats and some background tomorrow.

Here he is:

Maj. Tiberius "Rex" Hunter-Groan. (Ret), VC,KG,GCB(Mil),OM(Mil),DSO,DSC,MC,OBI(1st Class)
Major Hunter is the stereotypical upper class British Officer of the 19th/early 20th Century. The son of the Earl of Gormenghast he was born to be an officer and gentleman, and as such has attended all of the right schools, Eton, Sandhurst, etc. His pedigree is impeccable, a true "blue blood." He is about 6 foot tall, 200 lbs, with a mustache (of course), very athletic, has black hair, piercing somewhat "mad" blue eyes, is a bit reckless and sometimes even hare-brained, dresses well but not ostentatiously, favours cigars and whiskey and is about 45 years old. He is one of those few individuals that served in the entirety of the Great War -1914-1918, fought in every major battle that the British Army was in, including a brief tour of the Macedonian Front in 1916, and didn't receive so much as a scratch. He is confident and arrogant in a way that only the old European aristocracy could be. Destined for the General Staff, he abruptly resigned his commission in 1926, there was some talk of some type of a scandal that reached the highest levels, was reduced to the rank of Major (although many wanted him broken even further), and retired from Polite Society in general. He has been quietly living in Gormenghast for the last ten years, writing his memoirs, fishing, hunting, bird watching, and even occasionally helping the local constabulary in their investigations. He recently received a letter from an old and dear friend living in Canada, urgently asking for his help. Major Hunter is on his way to the Dominion of Canada, and has decided to "Try out this Hun airship. What?"

Dexterity -4
Dodge - (+1) 4D+1
Hand-to-Hand - (1D) 5D
Heavy Weapons - 4D
Ray Guns - (1D) 5D
Knowledge -2
Bureaucracy - (+1) 2D+1
Cultures - (+1) 2D+1
Languages - 2D
Science - 2D
Streetwise - 2D
Survival - 2D
Mechanical -2
Beast Riding - (+1) 2D+1
Driving - (+1) 2D+1
Piloting - 2D
Perception -4
Bargain - 4D
Command - (+1) 4D+1
Con - 4D
Disguise - 4D
Gambling - (+1) 4D+1
Hide/Sneak - (+1) 4D +1
Search - (+2) 4D+2
Strength -4
Climbing/Jumping - 4D
Hand-to-Hand - (1D) 5D
Lifting - (+1) 4D+1
Stamina - (+1) 4D+1
Swimming - 4D
Technical -2
Demolition -2D
Electronic Repair - 2D
Mechanical Repair - 2D
Medicine - 2D
Security - 2D

Okay, as soon as I have a dull moment I will start up the appropriate threads!

Sorry again guys. I only had the company cell and lap top with me this week. I have now got everything set up on my tablet, which I will bring with me next week when I leave again.

I'm seriously wondering how much If any germanized english I should use to comunícate the fact that my character has probably a slight german accent; noticeable but nothing grating or insulting.
I'm also working on his speech patterns; but I'm afraid I'll require some more time before Doc Klingermann will be a satisfying character.

I'm seriously wondering how much If any germanized english I should use to comunícate the fact that my character has probably a slight german accent; noticeable but nothing grating or insulting.
I'm also working on his speech patterns; but I'm afraid I'll require some more time before Doc Klingermann will be a satisfying character.
Do as much as you like. I studied Deutsch briefly before visiting Deutschland back in 1999 or so...and we all have access to free online translation these days. But when in doubt, post the language you're sure of.

I don't know. It just popped into my head when you were describing the apparatus. :smile: I could totally see Professor Prospero looking like this.

Maybe Prospero got a hold of him...
I'm partly inclined to have Dr. Klingermann hauled off separately so we can just deal with the remaining twosome until we hear from Johnny Blade Johnny Blade, what do you guys think? It's a way to keep moving forward without eliminating the character if Johnny is occupied by real life.

Fine by me. Do not hesitate to do likewise with Spisarevski if I'm not responding, either!

You have to post first. Then you can edit in a roll:smile:.

I'm now wondering how to proceed. Can we sell her Hunter's services instead of the prince's, and let Volcania invade England:devil:?
I must also note that IC, Bulgaria and England were on the opposite sides of the Great War, so Spisarevski wouldn't blink an eye at the prospect:tongue:!

Last edited:
I'm now wondering how to proceed. Can we sell her Hunter's services instead of the prince's, and let Volcania invade England:devil:?
I must also note that IC, Bulgaria and England were on the opposite sides of the Great War, so Spisarevski wouldn't blink an eye at the prospect:tongue:!

Well, if it is for the greater good Major Hunter will, of course, do what needs to be done in order to ensure our survival. He doesn't know about the invasion of England part, but if they want to invade Bulgaria he is all for that.:tongue:

Well, if it is for the greater good Major Hunter will, of course, do what needs to be done in order to ensure our survival. He doesn't know about the invasion of England part, but if they want to invade Bulgaria he is all for that.:tongue:
Sure, but a kid from a British noble can only give them a pretense over British lands, though it's a vast Empire at the time. And they strike me as the legalistic kind:grin:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back