(Interest Check) The Requiem For Roanoke (Vampire: The Requiem/New World of Darkness 1E)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

What Covenant do you want to roll with?

• Total voters

Doc Sammy

White Trash Weeb
Reaction score
Star.jpg

The Requiem For Roanoke
A Vampire Chronicle

"We're going to Hell in a Dodge Viper."
-Tim Wilson
Roanoke, Virginia
May 2010

All is seemingly well in the Roanoke Valley and to the mortals, it seems that way. The area is recovering from the wider national aftershocks of the recent Great Recession while Spring is in full swing with Summer close behind it. Property crime is high as usual but violent crime seems to be on a downturn, despite the economic sluggishness. Carillion Clinic still expands as usual and has struck a multi-million dollar deal with Cheiron Group LLC, a major pharmaceutical and medical research corporation.

But for the city's Kindred population, there's something rotten in the Commonwealth of Virginia...

For years, the city has been ruled by its first and only Prince, a Daeva elder who goes by the name Caesar. The man is a loyal member of the Invictus and runs his relatively backwater fiefdom competently but times are changing fast. Caesar has maintained a policy that any Kindred, be they unaligned or with a covenant can set up shop and reside in the valley so long as they pay a small tithe in either blood, money, or service to the Prince. The only Kindred who are forbidden are those who belong to Belial's Brood, who so far haven't really popped up anywhere near the Roanoke Valley.

Now the city is home to three covenants and many unaligned Kindred, nearly all of them neonates who wish to make a name for themselves in an area with little interference from the Elders. The three covenants with a presence in the Star City of the South are the Invictus, the Lancea Sanctum, and the Circle of the Crone.

The Invictus are led by Prince Caesar and his lieutenant, a Ventrue ancilla named Carlos. The Lancea Sanctum are led by the Mekhet known as Samuel McCourt and generally support Caesar and the Invictus but are wary and distrustful of his underboss Carlos. The Circle generally keeps to themselves, follow a theology based on Greco-Roman polytheism instead of any witchcraft traditions, and are led by a younger Daeva ancilla by the name of Tony Cardona. They all will follow the orders of the Prince and don't bother one another.

But in the past month or so, mysterious and bizarre murders have been taking place all over the Roanoke Valley and in the neighboring areas of Franklin and Botetourt Counties. Victims were apparently eaten and crime scenes show some evidence of Satanic and occult paraphernalia, raising alarms that Belial's Brood may be connected to these cases. As they grow more frequent and grow closer to several Kindred in the area, Caesar calls all of the city's vampires to a grand meeting at a special Elysium in a private boardroom at the luxurious historic Hotel Roanoke.

Alright, this is a Requiem campaign like I've been promising for a while.

We will be using only the 1E corebooks for New World of Darkness and Vampire: The Requiem for now and bloodlines will be off-limits at the start of the game. If the chronicle grows, I will include more material, including bloodlines and new rules and possibly other splats.

There are some divergences from canon...

1. The Strix do not exist. Neither do VII nor the God-Machine or any elements introduced in the game's second edition.

2. Vampires are not emotionally dead in this and Predator's Taint isn't really a thing. Vampires can instinctively detect one another but don't freak out in each other's presence.

3. Humanity isn't as big of an issue in this chronicle.

If I get enough interest, I will be posting some quick write-ups of NPC's and plot hooks as well as the official signup sheets.

I'd be up for some Requiem as long as you don't mind that I don't know Virginia at all.

Not sure on character, but learning towards Circle of the Crone.

Same as Black Leaf, no real knowledge of Virginia.

I'd be leaning toward an Invictus Ventrue, but I'd be equally happy with Circle of the Crone.

I'd be up for some Requiem as long as you don't mind that I don't know Virginia at all.

Not sure on character, but learning towards Circle of the Crone.

Works for me, and you don't need any real in-depth knowledge of the area to understand and enjoy this game

Any guidelines for the kind of age you want the characters? Are we neonates or older?

Wait, nevermind - You're a friend, Doc, but I honestly prefer CofD as a system.

Since this didn't get enough recruits, I'm gonna have to reformulate my efforts and start anew.

I take it you guys would prefer Masquerade to Requiem?

Hmm. My dance card just had some cancellations so I'm actually giving this some serious thought. I would prefer Masquerade, personally, but only because I'm not even a little familiar with Requiem and the changes. What are your thoughts on Assamites?

Hmm. My dance card just had some cancellations so I'm actually giving this some serious thought. I would prefer Masquerade, personally, but only because I'm not even a little familiar with Requiem and the changes. What are your thoughts on Assamites?

Assamites are pretty cool.

With that said, if we do Masquerade, it will use V20 rules but the setting will be a lot more like 1E or early 2E, so none of that metaplot from Revised or V5.

Well, call me interested, if not in with both feet. I'd need your elevator pitch.

That is perfectly acceptable

You might want to make a new thread, btw.

Also, new character:

So how we doing here? I'm actually pretty keen on playing an Assamite, although probably not for the reasons most people would expect. :grin:

So how we doing here? I'm actually pretty keen on playing an Assamite, although probably not for the reasons most people would expect. :grin:

We're doing well, I'm gonna be gone all weekend visiting family but when I get back, I'm gonna launch the new game as best I can.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back