IP's that ought to have their own RPGs

Stevethulhu

Lord of the Pies
Reaction score
Connery lost out on at least $18 million because he turned down the role of Gandalf in Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. He said he read the book and watched the movies afterward and still didn’t understand it.
He also said he turned down a role in The Matrix, presumably Agent Smith or Morpheus. Again, because he didn’t understand the script.

When LXG came along, he did t understand that either...

PolarBlues

Legendary Member
Reaction score
"The Expendables" as in the Stallone movies about mercs. Granted any generic system can do this and there even a few games that foucs on the genre, but I think this series of movies have their own aesthetic and very Hollywood take and the mercenary work.

"Defiance", the SyFy show. It was a good show in its own right, but always struck me as particularly optimised for a roleplaying game, probably because the setting was designed for an online game.

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Reaction score
Well to be fair someone explained that she would be contorting her body all over the screen and sex is a pretty simple concept to understand...
And in his defense how often have you been met with a blank stare when trying to explain D&D to someone which is pretty much what explaining LotR to someone without a fantasy background must sound like.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
And in his defense how often have you been met with a blank stare when trying to explain D&D to someone which is pretty much what explaining LotR to someone without a fantasy background must sound like.
They should have just told him it was a sequel to Darby O'Gill & The Little People

PolarBlues

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Also... City of Heroes.

I think it should focus on the setting (the colourful factions and great story arcs) than the mechanics - what works in a computer game doesn't necessarily make a good table top experience. I know there have been a couple of quick starts and fan-created versions but they don't quite scratch the itch.