IP's that ought to have their own RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I've been posting these to a Facebook group where I often get requests, hence stuff like Porky's and the Dukes of Hazzard.

Last edited:
Dukes of Hazzard could definitely do a 2nd or 3rd edition. The Vance and Coy Alternate Universe Edition that sells five copies comes to mind.
Vance and Coy just get an appendix at the back of the book, just like they got relegated to the back seat when Bo and Luke showed back up.

Joking? Or is it possible you don't know about this?

Yeah, I know about it. It's actually the only thing by GrimJim that I own (though my copy is from the early aughts, so I'd guess second edition, if first was just the write-up on his old website.

But I really would like an official, published RPG. Maybe even with a system more robust, like OtE...

As much fun as the idea is, Doc himself is a little too overpowered, and most players don't want to be his sidekicks because if he ever shows up, he can out do them at their specialty. As he is Doc Savage, Man of Bronze.

well, I've been reading up on the new Beowulf game, where the premise is 1 player and the GM, and the PC has a retinue of assistants. Something like that would very much suit Doc.

Then again, it's not that different from Doctor Who, really

well, I've been reading up on the new Beowulf game, where the premise is 1 player and the GM, and the PC has a retinue of assistants. Something like that would very much suit Doc.

Then again, it's not that different from Doctor Who, really
The thing is, Doctor Who has always been more about the Companions. They were the lens that the audience see the show from. The Doctor is meant to be the Mysterious Stranger that promises you adventure, away from the boring and the mundane.

Doc Savage, on the other hand, is the focal point of the stories. Everything in them is there for him to solve and have everyone around him in awe.

The thing is, Doctor Who has always been more about the Companions. They were the lens that the audience see the show from. The Doctor is meant to be the Mysterious Stranger that promises you adventure, away from the boring and the mundane.

Doc Savage, on the other hand, is the focal point of the stories. Everything in them is there for him to solve and have everyone around him in awe.

I guess it depends on which Doctor, but my point is there are solutions, especially if the premise is built as a one-on-one game.

Like Ghost Dog, lol

How about a Doc Savage RPG from TSR using the Indiana Jones system, but true to his 1930s roots rather than that widow's peak 1960s version of Doc! I know you can make my wildest dreams come true with a fake Doc Savage RPG! I'll even send you a virtual No Prize if you do an expansion for The Avenger!
5226-2.jpg
doc_savage_1934.06_cleaned.jpg
unnamed (12).jpg
1286229.jpg
doc-savage-the-black-spot-conde-nast.jpg
81CvSzXKE-L._AC_SL1434_.jpg
unnamed (13).jpg
avenger-pulp-magazine-character-cc46585f-86af-44b8-8eb7-6adf10db825-resize-750.jpg
23773.jpg
81CvSzXKE-L._AC_SL1434_.jpg

The Avenger might take a bit, google keeps giving me Marvel results, so I'll have to cut apart the different elements and logo individually

How about a Doc Savage RPG from TSR using the Indiana Jones system, but true to his 1930s roots rather than that widow's peak 1960s version of Doc! I know you can make my wildest dreams come true with a fake Doc Savage RPG! I'll even send you a virtual No Prize if you do an expansion for The Avenger!
What's the difference in terms of character between the 30's and 60's version? I'm honestly curious,

What's the difference in terms of character between the 30's and 60's version? I'm honestly curious,

I don't think the character was actually retconned, as I understand it by that point Doc had moved from the pulps to the novel series by an unending series of ghost writers. Admittedly the mjority of my knowledge of Doc Savage "continuity" comes from Phillip Jose Farmer's fictional biography...

460949.jpg

Why's that sad?
Only two sign ups...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back