IP's that ought to have their own RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I was trying to make some others but only have my phone so editing images and creating text is extremely limited. I was working on Invasion U.S.A. as well as these:
pic564894.jpg

Screenshot%2B2016-04-30%2B13.41.46.png

Screenshot%2B2016-04-30%2B13.41.30.png

Here we go...:clown:...corrected it...
20190516_204019.jpg

Now I kinda wanna try running Extreme Vengeance except it really doesn't seem very good. What's a good RPG for running a Chuck Norris/Arnold Schwarzenegger/Sylvester Stallone/Carl Weathers action movie game? Is there one?
20190516_204336.jpg

Some of these covers look like they were done in MS Paint back in the early 00s.

Some of these covers look like they were done in MS Paint back in the early 00s.
Copyrights say 1997...so does that turn your post into an inadvertent compliment for being ahead of their time? :trigger::clown:

lol, no, just me playing with photoshop tonight, sadly
While you're at it, dummy up Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe, tagline "Adventure Roleplaying in the Chivalrous Age of Robin Hood and Richard the Lionheart." I don't have the tools. It'll be a Pendragon-derived systen with Passions and Traits.
91cstJQ9j5L._SY445_.jpg
66c1b8d0fd2c18b670adb5b63a8da0b6--elizabeth-taylor-costume-design.jpg

Guys, what about Dungeons and Dragons the Movie the RPG. It would need some rules on chewing scenery Jeremy Irons style.

Speaking of Ivanhoe, anyone else read Edgar Eager growing up? Knight's Castle, the second book which involved Ivanhoe, was hilarious.

I had forgotten all about that Task Force Games Delta Force RPG.

That reminded me. A long time ago I briefly had a couple of players who really, really wanted an RPG based off the movie MegaForce.

I had forgotten all about that Task Force Games Delta Force RPG.

That reminded me. A long time ago I briefly had a couple of players who really, really wanted an RPG based off the movie MegaForce.
You mean you don't have a copy of the Task Force Games movie tie-in from 1982?
MegaForce-1982-movie-Hal-Needham-7.jpg

You mean you don't have a copy of the Task Force Games movie tie-in from 1982?

Amazingly, no. I missed out on that one. :clown:

I'm not even sure if I've ever watched the movie all the way through. I think I've seen parts of it on a couple of occasions.

Now I kinda wanna try running Extreme Vengeance except it really doesn't seem very good. What's a good RPG for running a Chuck Norris/Arnold Schwarzenegger/Sylvester Stallone/Carl Weathers action movie game? Is there one?

Have you looked at Action Movie Physics yet? It's on RPGNow.

Have you looked at Action Movie Physics yet? It's on RPGNow.
Unfortunately the description tells me nada. I don't know why people think a preview of the table of contents is useful. If they had some actual sample pages I might be interested. There are no reviews and no discussion posts to go by. Have you played it?

While you're at it, dummy up Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe, tagline "Adventure Roleplaying in the Chivalrous Age of Robin Hood and Richard the Lionheart." I don't have the tools. It'll be a Pendragon-derived systen with Passions and Traits.
I already made a fantasy heartbreaker for that! It is basically a TFT-like engine with several added traits to cover important things like Piety and Nobility and Bravery (an idea actually even suggested in the TFT core rules...). That said, an appropriate published system for these sorts of games is Prince Valiant. Recently reprinted in beautiful hard cover with color illustrations, everyone should have this game. It is pretty fun as a story game, but it doesn't really have a meaningful combat system, so if you think fights are fun (like a normal person), then you might want something else.

Unfortunately the description tells me nada. I don't know why people think a preview of the table of contents is useful. If they had some actual sample pages I might be interested. There are no reviews and no discussion posts to go by. Have you played it?
A couple of actual pages and a character sheet is what samples should be.

Not yet. It's on my list of things to look at in the near future. Unless I'm not mistaken it's based on Cepheus Engine but modified to fit the genre.

Macho Women With Guns.

No, seriously. Gender flip the characters as needed, strip out the fantasy, sci-fi, and satirical elements, and you have a game that plays fast and handles high-adventure-with-guns pretty well.

Last edited:
That's how I felt about Star Trek, so I hear you.
TBF it's not that bad a version

apart from half the art, the dumping design onto the players (create your own skill lists is never a good choice IMO), and the shit supplements

I actually passed on this game back in the day, because I thought it was a tie in to the Chuck Norris movie. It was only due to the old The Morrow Project email list or yahoo group and some players who used it to run TMP that I found out what a great game it was. I think I was able to get everything off of ebay at a reasonable price.

I like some of the earlier CN films, Good Guys Wear Black, Missing in Action 1 and 2, but by the time of Delta Force they were just getting kind of silly.

Kind of a weird side note, Chuck Norris' sister in law runs a T-shirt / Trophy place locally. She was married to his brother who was killed in Vietnam.

Mack Bolan the Executioner series of books.

The forthcoming Dogs of W*A*R supplement for the BoL-powered Everywhen RPG will have you covered. Mack Bolan is specifically one of its inspirations.

Ha ha...I "pre-ordered" this nonexistent game circa 2012. I was probably one of the lucky ones as I browbeat him into giving my money back a couple of years later when it became obvious the game would never happen. I honestly believe he never had the license...I have a reasonable and logical theory about what went on there, a scheme that's been tried before....

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back