IP's that ought to have their own RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Eveything else's about right...but why are these Kyokushin guys there, and dressed in gi at that:shock:?

Or did you mean...a game about the martial arts scene in the 80ies (during the times when non-sport based martial arts were oficially verbotten* for non-security forces members)?
If so, how did you know that I've been considering a campaign** like this:gunslinger:?

*Meaning the people practicing such arts had, at times, to gather in closed rooms and if the forces of order dropped in for an unannounced check, to claim that they're practising gymnastics for health and longetivity.
**"Considering it", in this case, means "started gathering accounts from people who witnessed it first-hand" and "bought two big books on the matter (which account for about 2000 pages among those I've still got to read)". I'm a lazy GM when it comes to preparation, but not when it comes to studying the setting...and certainly not when it pertains to three of my hobbies at once:shade:!

A big shift for me is watching everything on demand. It's actually resulted in me watching a lot less television. I used to frequently have it running in the background, but now I either put something on and actively watch it or I don't have TV on at all.
Yeah, same here! And I'm really happier with less television:evil:!

A Smurfs RPG for kids. Rules light, with a single "stat", i.e., "Jokey", or "Fraidy", which is also the character's name. Heavy emphasis on teamwork, problem solving, etc.

A Smurfs RPG for kids. Rules light, with a single "stat", i.e., "Jokey", or "Fraidy", which is also the character's name. Heavy emphasis on teamwork, problem solving, etc.
You want to teach the kids to be munchkins?

"If you optimise your character's name..."

(Yes, I am referring to the semi-infamous "if you optimize your character concept" from Exalted!)

sounds do-able...

THE SMURF RPG

Part One: Smurf Smurfation

Choose a Name/Trait - Each Smurf's name delineates their primary personal trait. Whenever attempting an action that is in someway related to their Name, add +5 to the Ease of a roll.

Part Two: Smurfing Together
Each group of Smurfs share a pool of points called "Smurfiness". Whenever any Smurf in the team takes an action, they can increase the Ease of the roll up to 5 points taken from the Smurfiness pool. Smurfiness starts with a pool equal to 5 points for every Smurf included. Ex: a team of 5 Smurfs would have a starting pool of Smurfiness of 25 points. Smurfiness can be earned in play by accomplishing goals as a team. Whenever the Team feels a sense of accomplishment, or that they have overcome an ordeal, one player may roll a d10. The result is added to the Team's Smurfiness. However, the difference between the roll and ten is added to a Pool of points maintained by the Smurf Master called "Satanic Influence".

Part Three: Smurfing Around
Whenever a Smurf wishes to do anything in the game that is perilous or difficult, the Smurf Master determines an Ease between 10 (very Smurfy) to 1 (Smurf Me!). The player rolls two six-sided smurfs, and if the roll is equal to or less than the Ease, they succeed, but if it is higher than the Ease, they Smurfed up.

Part Smurf: The Smurf Hits the Fan
The Smurf Master mainly provides scenarios and obstacles for the Smurfs to deal with. These are generally of an innocuous nature - saving an animal, helping a lost human child, evading predators. However, if the Satanic Influence pool reaches a multiple of 6 (6, 12, 18, etc.) then one Player must roll on the "Occult Conversion" chart. If the Satanic Influence pool is raised past 2 or more multiples of 6 at once, add +1 to this roll.

2- Johann and Peewit show up.
3- Everyone in Smurf Village is suddenly speaking French, and you don't know why.
4- Azrael is spotted in the vicinity of Smurf Village.
6- A tribe of Snorks infests the river near Smurf Village.
7- Gargamel captures several Smurfs outside of Smurf Village
8- A platoon of Astrosnicks invades Smurf Village.
9- Smurf Village catches fire.
10 - Smurf Village is flooded.
11- Azrael attacks Smurf village
12- Gargamel discovers the location of Smurf Village
13- The Dark Master is summoned. The End Times are upon us, and you must hasten to your role as servitors of the Archons.

Eveything else's about right...but why are these Kyokushin guys there, and dressed in gi at that:shock:?

Or did you mean...a game about the martial arts scene in the 80ies (during the times when non-sport based martial arts were oficially verbotten* for non-security forces members)?
Don't ask me, it's a Bulgarian thing. They do things in their own inimitable way over there.

It occurs to me that Rocket Robinhood probably belongs here. It's a fantasy / scifi mashup with Robin Hood's direct descendant fighting against Prince John and the National Outerspace Terrestrial Territories.

sounds do-able...

THE SMURF RPG

Part One: Smurf Smurfation

Choose a Name/Trait - Each Smurf's name delineates their primary personal trait. Whenever attempting an action that is in someway related to their Name, add +5 to the Ease of a roll.

Part Two: Smurfing Together
Each group of Smurfs share a pool of points called "Smurfiness". Whenever any Smurf in the team takes an action, they can increase the Ease of the roll up to 5 points taken from the Smurfiness pool. Smurfiness starts with a pool equal to 5 points for every Smurf included. Ex: a team of 5 Smurfs would have a starting pool of Smurfiness of 25 points. Smurfiness can be earned in play by accomplishing goals as a team. Whenever the Team feels a sense of accomplishment, or that they have overcome an ordeal, one player may roll a d10. The result is added to the Team's Smurfiness. However, the difference between the roll and ten is added to a Pool of points maintained by the Smurf Master called "Satanic Influence".

Part Three: Smurfing Around
Whenever a Smurf wishes to do anything in the game that is perilous or difficult, the Smurf Master determines an Ease between 10 (very Smurfy) to 1 (Smurf Me!). The player rolls two six-sided smurfs, and if the roll is equal to or less than the Ease, they succeed, but if it is higher than the Ease, they Smurfed up.

Part Smurf: The Smurf Hits the Fan
The Smurf Master mainly provides scenarios and obstacles for the Smurfs to deal with. These are generally of an innocuous nature - saving an animal, helping a lost human child, evading predators. However, if the Satanic Influence pool reaches a multiple of 6 (6, 12, 18, etc.) then one Player must roll on the "Occult Conversion" chart. If the Satanic Influence pool is raised past 2 or more multiples of 6 at once, add +1 to this roll.

2- Johann and Peewit show up.
3- Everyone in Smurf Village is suddenly speaking French, and you don't know why.
4- Azrael is spotted in the vicinity of Smurf Village.
6- A tribe of Snorks infests the river near Smurf Village.
7- Gargamel captures several Smurfs outside of Smurf Village
8- A platoon of Astrosnicks invades Smurf Village.
9- Smurf Village catches fire.
10 - Smurf Village is flooded.
11- Azrael attacks Smurf village
12- Gargamel discovers the location of Smurf Village
13- The Dark Master is summoned. The End Times are upon us, and you must hasten to your role as servitors of the Archons.

No Purple Smurfs, list is fail

One of the Smurf adventure ideas should be based on the latest movie, Smurfs: The Lost Village (which is a fun little movie). They discover a long-lost village of female Smurfs.

One of the Smurf adventure ideas should be based on the latest movie, Smurfs: The Lost Village (which is a fun little movie). They discover a long-lost village of female Smurfs.

My knowledge of Smurfs does not extend beyond hazy memories of the French animated film and the 80s cartoon, admittedly. I was under the Impression that all Smurfs were asexual, and Smurfette was a creation of Gargamel that was meant to infiltrate Smurf village, and her name was descriptive the same as other Smurfs ...instead of "Brainy" or "Brawny", she was feminine Smurf

Last edited:
Does make you wonder what the fuck people were smoking/injecting when they greenlit a movie about falling in love with a mannequin.

It was a charming film, though. Good memories of that one (even if I only ever saw the edited version for TV)

I uh... don't know what to make of that - an attempted meme?
It was an attempt by UNICEF to highlight the damage done by child soldiers as I recall. It was only supposed to be shown one time on later night Dutch TV aimed at adults. The goal was to shock them a bit and think of children dying in war.

It was also on the UNICEF website apparently completely missing the context and got heavily reported in 2005 I think.

It was an attempt by UNICEF to highlight the damage done by child soldiers as I recall. It was only supposed to be shown one time on later night Dutch TV aimed at adults. The goal was to shock them a bit and think of children dying in war.

It was also on the UNICEF website apparently completely missing the context and got heavily reported in 2005 I think.

wow....that is....wow.

Unicef is hardcore

Nobody told me we were doing 1980s Andrew McCarthy comedies.
Certainly the best splat supplement for Promethean: the Created.

Does make you wonder what the fuck people were smoking/injecting when they greenlit a movie about falling in love with a mannequin.
Twice.
Dda9IFqV0AEnWRI.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back