IP's that ought to have their own RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Dreadstar is one of the comic books my older brother would buy and I'd read secondhand. I remember enjoying the early issues where Dreadstar wore a hood but I don't know what happened in the later ones where he looked more like a superhero. I wasn't able to find a more relevant image that I could modify, so this will have to do unless/until I find something more fitting.
I remember this. I collected about 3 issues when I could never find it again.

(1) Pirates of the Caribbean. You've got five movies to work from, full of a stable of interesting characters just dying to become a line of miniatures. You have history to draw from, giving easy access to maps and persons who might fit well into the game. And I don't really think that anyone has done a great pirate game yet. (There are a few decent ones, but nothing that really dominates the industry. 7th Sea was my favorite, but the new version isn't my thing.)

I’d use Honor+Intrigue for this, it’s based on the Barbarian’s of Lumeria engine but with great fencing rules, ships, sorcery etc. all included. It’s a fantastic all-in-one swashbuckling game.

Edit: hadn’t realised this was such an old thread when I posted, ah well.

Speaking of The Young Ones, I was yesterday years old when I learned that there was a "5th flatmate"...

Wait, what? An official 5th, or is that just a film crew's hand that accidentally got into the shot?

I'm surprised that no one has tried to get the license to make an RPG that takes place in Mithgar, the world of Dennis McKiernan. It's basically Middle Earth with serial numbers filed off. I think at one point the author even stated that he used Rolemaster to play in the world for his own games.

I thought I'd try a little harder. It's amateurish, but, hell, I'd play it...

716404.png

ANIMATED SERIES
G-Force Guardians of Space
The Herculoids
Jonny Quest
The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
M.A.S.K.
LIVE ACTION SERIES
Terra Nova
The Tripods (novels/tv)

ANIMATED SERIES
The Herculoids
Jonny Quest
M.A.S.K.
LIVE ACTION SERIES
Terra Nova
The Tripods (novels/tv)
...sorry...first time posting here. I indented each article under the the heading, but did not post as I formated ‍♂️

ANIMATED SERIES
The Herculoids
Jonny Quest
M.A.S.K.
LIVE ACTION SERIES
Terra Nova
The Tripods (novels/tv)
Finally a justification for dice caps!

Has Thundercats or Thundar the Barbarian been brought up? Since He-Man is getting something.

Thundar was mentioned upstream I'm pretty sure. There's a game either out or coming soon that people thought would be pretty perfect.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back