Iron Kingdoms to get a D&D5 edition

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

The Butcher

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Announcement here.

Really looking forward to it; it was maybe my favorite setting from the d20 era. The proprietary system really didn’t grab me, though. (Neither did the wildly popular miniatures game.)

Last edited:
Really looking forward to it; it was maybe my favorite setting from the d20 era.
Yeah, great setting from the d20 era. Something like 17 years ago, I ran the Witchfire Trilogy using WFRP1e...

I've not kept tabs on Privateer Press in all this time. But it's nice to hear that the setting's still around and supported on the Rpg end of things.

I liked the custom system they made more, but good for people who want a 5e version. I do like the setting a lot.

Same here. I have the d20 adventure that they did, and something about it just didn't feel right. I hope this doesn't mean the end of the support for that system.

I really like Iron Kingdoms. I have all the d20 books for the setting. I even bought the Witchfire adventure trilogy twice, once for each individual part and then again when they released the big hardcover compilation book.

The setting's mixing of tech and magic was cool. Some of the races were also very interesting, especially the goblins, ogruns and trollkin. I also really liked the religions of the setting.

Sadly the setting suffered from the usual metaplot problem, that so many rpg settings have. Basically, Warmachine the miniature game had a metaplot that advanced with each expansion released for it. Privateer Press sadly, in my opinion, chose to have the rpg follow this metaplot. This meant that the setting as presented in the first adventurers, had changed a lot when they finally released the big campaign setting guide.

I actually ran a very successful campaign in the setting. Starting with the Witchfire adventures and then going from there. One of the PC's actually romanced Alexia the main NPC driving the plotline, which had some interesting results.

With all that said though, I'm not interested in a 5e version of the setting. Both because I'm not heavily into 5e, but also because I could just use the setting info of the books I already have. But it's cool that Privateer Press is still in business, and some 5e players can get to experience this cool setting.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back