Ironsworn

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
Sign up thread: here.

I think once we come to an agreement on world and characters I could create an OOC thread to collate it all in one place, but here's some choice bits from the book (starting on page 111):

WELCOME TO THE IRONLANDS
The Ironlands is a vast peninsula in the northern ocean. The people who now refer to themselves as Ironlanders settled here two generations ago, cast out of their homelands by a catastrophic event. Since that time, they have survived but not prospered. The Ironlands are a harsh, dangerous place. The winters are long and brutal. Harvests are uncertain. Depending on the choices you make as you create your version of the Ironlands, monstrous beasts and dreaded horrors may be a constant threat.

bkb0w0ahkn041.png


OUR TRUTHS


THE OLD WORLD

  • Terrible magic and necromancy spoiled the lands, our ancestors rebelled against the power that unleashed it but it became more than just magic vile folk used - the very land was soiled with decay and desolation of their powers. We cast our fate to the sea and found the Ironlands. A new world. A fresh start.
IRON
  • The weather is bleak. Rain and wind sweep in from the ocean. The winters are long and bitter. One of the first settlers complained, “Only those made of iron dare live in this foul place”—and thus our land was named.
  • Inscrutable metal pillars are found throughout the land. They are iron gray, and smooth as river stone. No one knows their purpose. Some say they are as old as the world. Some, such as the Iron Priests, worship them and swear vows upon them. Most make the warding sign and hurry along their way when they happen across one. The pillars do not tarnish, and even the sharpest blade cannot mark them. Some folk have a superstition that the presence of the metallic obelisks is what causes the dead to not rest in this land.
LEGACIES
  • Before the Ironlanders, before even the firstborn, another people lived here. Their ancient ruins are found throughout the Ironlands. Rumours that the precursor peoples who resided here and left their stone ruins tried to cheat death and were cursed by the gods of the land to roam the night endlessly. The fears of our old world plague many commonfolk even here.
COMMUNITIES
  • We live in communities called circles. These are settlements ranging in size from a steading with a few families to a village of several hundred. Some circles belong to nomadic folk. Some powerful circles might include a cluster of settlements. We trade (and sometimes feud) with other circles.
LEADERS
  • Leadership is as varied as the people. Some communities are governed by the head of a powerful family. Or, they have a council of elders who make decisions and settle disputes. In others, the priests hold sway. For some, it is duels in the circle that decide. There are some collectives of settlements ruled under single chieftains who are vying for total control.
DEFENSE
  • The wardens are our soldiers, guards, and militia. They serve their communities by standing sentry, patrolling surrounding lands, and organizing defenses in times of crisis. Most have strong ties to their community. Others, called free wardens, are wandering mercenaries who hire on to serve a community or protect caravans.
MYSTICISM
  1. Magic is rare and dangerous, but those few who wield the power are truly gifted. Given our collective history with the abuse of magic, those who use and wield are both feared and reviled by many superstitious folk.
RELIGION
  • The people honor old gods and new. In this harsh land, a prayer is a simple but powerful comfort.
FIRSTBORN
  • The firstborn live in isolation and are fiercely protective of their own lands. They are so rarely seen or interacted with, that at the heart of our circles many believe that tales of the firstborn are just rumours and myths.
BEASTS
  • Monstrous beasts stalk the wild areas of the Ironlands.
HORRORS
  • We are wary of dark forests and deep waterways, for monsters lurk in those places. In the depths of the long-night, when all is wreathed in darkness, only fools venture beyond their homes.
  • The dead do not rest in the Ironlands. At night we light torches, scatter salt, and post sentries at the gate. It is not enough. They are coming.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
CHARACTER SHEET

Eleri - A middle-aged ex-warrior turned storyweaver, getting on in springs (years). He has traveled the Ironlands providing tales, songs and poems of tales past in exchange for food, supply, and shelter (especially during winters). He has a prized but worn sword, with inlaid gems, inscriptions on the hilt, and a pommel shaped in the face of a howling wolf. Eleri was given this by his father and was told it's a relic from the Old World.

EDGE 1
HEART 2
IRON 2
SHADOW 1
WITS 3

Health: +5
Spirit: +5
Supply (Shared): +4

Momentum: +2

Assets:

Veteran

  • When you burn momentum to improve your result in combat, envision how your hard-won fighting experience gives you the upper hand. Then, take +1 momentum after you reset, and add +1 when you make your next move. Once per fight, you also take initiative when burning momentum to improve a miss to a weak hit.
Storyweaver
  • When you Secure an Advantage, Compel, or Forge a Bond by sharing an inspiring or enlightening song, poem, or tale, envision the story you tell. Then, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
Swordmaster
  • When you Strike or Clash and burn momentum to improve your result, inflict +2 harm. If the fight continues, add +1 on your next move.
Gear:
Wolfsmoot
Sword
Chain Haubergeon

Bonds:

New Wolfsmoot
In the Flooded Plains, close to the border of the Havens, an ancient ruin sits within a swamp, the moss covered stone buildings rising out of the still water. Here, New Wolfsmoot was founded by settlers from the Old World. They used the ancient ruins as a foundation and built upon them with the wood they brought ashore and from the trees that had overrun the area. Eleri's family lay claim to being a founding family for the settlement. Eleri grew up to be a wandering warrior, helping settlements in need but regularly returns home when able to see out the winters, bringing tales from the wider Ironlands.

Uktannu
Eleri met Uktannu through his sister and brother-in-law, and was fascinated with the rumoured half-elf's experiences living amongst the wilds.
(I might add my other two bonds with you both, or one with one of you and another with an NPC? I will wait to see more on your characters!)

Sigurd 'Spider-Tamer'
Eleri had heard tell of the 'spider-tamer', and sought Sigurd out in the hopes of weaving a tale of webs and grit to share amongst the circles. He does not know Sigurd too well, but is eager to learn more of the history behind the familiarity between man and beast that Sigurd has forged.

Background Vow:

Vow:
To Seek the Truth about Eleri's Sister - she married a settlement chief in the Havens, north of New Wolfsmoot, but last Spring the settlement was found to have been wiped out and the walls breached. Many bodies had been burned but others were not found, and his Sister amongst those unaccounted for.
Rank: Extreme

Inciting Incident:
Investigate the missing caravan
Vow: Find out what happened to the Caravan, and return the needed supplies
Rank: Dangerous
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
Sigurdur Ólafurson

Sigurd took after his father in training to be a member of his settlement's night garrison. The harsh weather and the rumoured threat from the inhuman inhabitants of the land meant those aiming for the garrison were put through a harsh initiation ritual whereby they needed to survive a weak in the mountains, famed for their giant creatures and supernatural occupants. During the trial he entered into a friendship of sorts with Uki as he defended her brood and she provided him meat.

His elders have now sent him out into the world on rumours of other attacks of the inhuman and see what he can learn.

EDGE: 3
HEART: 2
IRON: 2
SHADOW: 1
WITS: 1

Health: +5
Spirit: +5
Supply (Shared): +5
Momentum: +2

Assets:
Discreet: When you Secure an Advantage by sending your spider to scout a place, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.

Soul-Piercing: You may Face Danger+shadow by sending your spider to secretly study someone. On a hit, the spider returns to reveal the target’s deepest fears through a reflection in its glassy eyes. Use this to Gather Information and reroll any dice.

Ensnaring: When your spider sets a trap, add +1 as you Enter the Fray +shadow. On a strong hit, also inflict 2 harm.
Once you mark a bond with a leader or faction...

When you Swear an Iron Vow to serve your leader or faction on a mission, you may reroll any dice. When you Fulfill Your Vow and mark experience, take +1 experience.

When you Sojourn or Make Camp in the company of your banner-kin, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.

When you Enter the Fray bearing your banner, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit. When you burn momentum while carrying your banner in combat, take +1 momentum after you reset.
If you wield a bladed weapon in each hand...

When you Strike or Clash, you may add +2. If you do (decide before rolling), inflict +1 harm on a strong
hit and count a weak hit as a miss.

Once per fight, when you Secure an Advantage +edge by making a bold display of your combat prowess, you may reroll any dice.

When you Draw the Circle, choose one
(before rolling).
• Add +2.
• Take +2 momentum on a hit.

Gear:
Two Iron Shortswords

Bonds:
Elders:

Sigurdur was trained by the elders of his village in both combat, the possible nature of this land and their people's religious beliefs. Sigurdur is not just devoted to them out of duty, but also affection and reports back to them when he can.

Uktannu:
Wishes to understand if Uktannu can teach or reveal more about living in and connecting with the Wild and his somewhat mystical aura only adds to Sigurdur's conviction that this is a fated quest

Eleri:
The attack on Eleri's sisters village has drawn the attention of Sigurd due to his quest and he has fallen in with the storyweaver. He believes his quest will find its aim with the Eleri.

Background Vow:
Learn more about the pre-human inhabitants of this land. Extreme.

Inciting Incident:
Investigate the missing caravan
Vow: Help find caravan and see if it is part of a larger problem
Rank: Dangerous
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Name
Uktannu

Character Role

Scout

Character Goal
Uktannu seeks to find the truth behind the Havens' massacre, he also seeks to repair his sisters falling out with one another, leaving both unwilling to talk over petty jealousy over one man, they live in New Wolfenmoot where their trades (baker, and smith) are needed.

Trueheart,
Hound
, has been his friend and a near sibling for longer than he remembers--He was given her as a young child and took the responsibility of caring for her to heart. Something strange is there that he knows not what--a blessing or a curse has left them, companions, together for more years than hounds normally live. Their love is deep and protective and each would die for the other. Trueheart has neither slowed with age nor taken on the signs of it. She was found as a pup in the wild, the only one to survive from an abandoned litter found in deep unknown woodland. She has grown to adulthood and then stopped aging. Is it something blessed born here in these lands? Or secret hiding in the dark?
TRUEHEART

Sharp: When you Gather Information using your hound’s keen senses to track your quarry or investigate a scene, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
Ferocious: When you Strike or Clash alongside your hound and score a hit, inflict +1 harm or take +1 momentum.
Loyal: When you Endure Stress in the company of your hound, add +1.

When you make a move to pacify, calm, control, aid, or fend off an animal (or an animal or beast companion), add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.

When you Undertake a Journey and burn momentum to improve your result, envision how you reorient yourself. Then, take +2 momentum after you reset.



Character Descriptor:
Friendly
EDGE 2
HEART 3
IRON 1
SHADOW
2
WITS
1

Health
: +5
Spirit: +5
Supply: +5 (shared)
Momentum: +2


Bonds:

Eleri,
the Talespinner. He knows little of Eleri's past beyond what stories he told, but he was friends with Eleri's sister and her husband. He was often a welcome guest in their home. Knowing Eleri's loss drives his goal to find the truth above about what happened to his home, and the kind people who often shared a meal to the seemingly underfed traveler and seeker.

The Wilderness: Uktannu is deeply protective of wild places, and is kind to most animals beyond the needs of food, and defense. He has watched deer give birth to fawns, and wolves to cubs, all without disturbing them. More than a few will greet him when he and his hound are alone. He mostly eats birds, bugs, fish, and those things which nature provides in other ways--grubs, bugs, mushrooms, berries, seeds, wild vegetables, and fruit.


Background Vows:

Vow:
To serve as a go-between the people of the villages and the wild things around them, to hold life sacred wherever and whenever he is able. He does this for he fears the tales of undead his people tell from the other lands, and does not wish to see the same blight be free to grow here, believing only a balance of man and nature, can turn back the black tides of death awoken.

Rank: Extreme

Inciting Incident
:
Stories that harrowed his soul of the old lands making him willing to risk anything to serve life's bounty.

Vow:
Seek out his strange heritage, and see what ties his heart and spirit so close to life, and land but also to not lose his human side in the seeking.


Rank: Troublesome

Inciting Incident
:
Discovering his name was meant for a non-human child, and knowing all too well his human family loved him anyway.



Gear:
Tough worn clothes with ages-old brigandine atop padding. A stout spear made of hardened wood and good blooded steel with boar spikes, a tattered hooded, and a waterproof cloak in need of repair. two long daggers at either hip--worn and well used. a waterproof scroll case holding hand-drawn maps, plant-harvested ink in a vial, and small wooden brush for drawing and writing. A necklace of engraved antlers from a dead buck, each hand-carved into different animal icons--wolf, bear, cave lion, serpent, owl, hound, and hart. Simple carving tools.
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
Listening intently in the smoke filled hut, Eleri looks over the worried merchant and his meek family in the back. His wife was warming up scoops of the last of the winter's snow for water for what Eleri assumed would be their stew that day. The merchant had loosely put together some finer linen clothes he owned for appearances, but the bedraggled appearance of the hut's furnishings told Eleri all he needed to know that this family was barely getting by.

"And it was supposed to have arrived by now, the caravan?" Eleri piped up during the next lull in speech, before gnawing off a piece of meat jerky provided by his hosts.

"Yes," the Merchant replied with a defeated tone. "They typically set out before even the snow clears, forging their paths through the snow. They rely on the fish and meat stores we trade, so it is worrisome that they would delay this long."

OOC: Silverlion Silverlion as our most Hearty member, would you like to 'Swear an Iron Vow' for us?
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Aye, I will swear an Iron Vow. "We will see what has happened to them, one way or another, and hopefully all will be well, we will serve in this task as we can with our skills. It may just be a delay after all. But we promise to bring you news of their travels."
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
When you swear upon iron to complete a quest, write your vow and give the quest a rank. Then, roll +heart. If you make this vow to a person or community with whom you share a bond, add +1.

On a strong hit, you are emboldened and it is clear what you must do next (Ask the Oracle if unsure). Take +2 momentum.

On a weak hit, you are determined but begin your quest with more questions than answers. Take +1 momentum, and envision what you do to find a path forward.

On a miss, you face a significant obstacle before you can begin your quest. Envision what stands in your way (Ask the Oracle if unsure), and choose one.
• You press on: Suffer -2 momentum, and do what you must to overcome this obstacle.
• You give up: Forsake Your Vow.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
Do I share a bond with this community? I don't think so.
My action score is 4 (1d6)+4 Heart (no adds) for an 8 total rolled a 4 and a 6 on D10s. So I think that's a strong hit (first use of these rules for me, so let me know if I'm wrong.)
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
OOC: Yeah, Strong hit as your D6 + bonuses is higher than both of the challenge die! I believe you personally gain +2 momentum, too
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
"Anything unusual in the area lately" Sigurdur asks "Bandits, animals?"

The merchant just shakes his head as his wife hands him a broth smelling richly of some vegetable.

"What do you think Uktannu? Ever seen a caravan or wanderers get lost out here in the wild?"

OOC: Used "Ask the Oracle"
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
OOC: In the fiction, we swear on 'iron' in some way to make the oath binding - what does Uktannu swear on?
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"I swear upon my trusty spear, I will do this with my full heart, we will find the truth, and to bring the merchants home, or seek what harm befell them."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
"Well then, let's head out upon their usual route and see if we meet them or find some evidence of them. They have a typical route?" Sigurdr asks the merchant.

OOC: Oracle with 45

"Not exactly. There's three well trodden enough paths through the forest. They might have taken any of them depending on what seemed easiest at the time."
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"Perhaps the past few weeks of weather might show a likely path--considering what you've seen, may you suggest a likely path they took?"
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
"I think at this point, we've exhausted this poor family's knowledge. Let us set off on the trail now, and see what we can find."

With the distant sun lazily melting the last of the snows, Eleri leads the motley crew on what he believes are the trading paths into the nearby forest.

OOC: We shall say this is a dangerous journey - with many of the paths hidden thanks to disuse over the Winter, it is not too difficult to lose oneself in the forest so early in the Spring.

UNDERTAKE A JOURNEY said:
When you travel across hazardous or unfamiliar lands, first set the rank of your journey.
• Troublesome journey: 3 progress per waypoint.
• Dangerous journey: 2 progress per waypoint.
• Formidable journey: 1 progress per waypoint.
• Extreme journey: 2 ticks per waypoint.
• Epic journey: 1 tick per waypoint.

Then, for each segment of your journey, roll +wits. If you are setting off from a community with which you share a bond, add +1 to your initial roll.

On a strong hit, you reach a waypoint. If the waypoint is unknown to you, envision it (Ask the Oracle if unsure). Then, choose one.
• You make good use of your resources: Mark progress.
• You move at speed: Mark progress and take +1 momentum, but suffer -1 supply.

On a weak hit, you reach a waypoint and mark progress, but suffer -1 supply.

On a miss, you are waylaid by a perilous event. Pay the Price.

[2d10=9, 1] [1d6=5] + 3 Wits puts me at 8, so only a weak hit.

As darkness and the creeping cold begins to set in on the party, Eleri calls for the group to hold in a nestle of trees that he somewhat recognises and setup camp. "I lost the path there for a while, I'm sorry. We might have wasted some time but I at least recognise where we are now, close to the fork in the path the Merchant mentioned. There's a stream just down the bank there," he gestures to the West, "so we at least have some fresh, refreshing water should we need it."

Progress:
44

2 Progress marked (aka 4 ticks, so I am entering 4 for clarity) on our journey, with the final destination being the location of the Caravan (I assume?)

We all lose 1 Supply.


"This spot is well used by the trading caravans, some of whom I travelled with would stop here on their journeys." Eleri lets out a satisfied, yet sad sigh. "I remember one such group had an elder fellow amongst them, more snow-white in his beard than colour. He spun such a strange tale of barrows and wights haunting a town for weeks all because they were letting their kids run afoul of the burial grounds. The way he told it, it was a comedy, not a tragedy. Had us rolling with laughter that night."

OOC: Narratively this seemed like a good point to take a break in our journey. We could mechanically 'make camp' or decide to press on in the night with another travel move.
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
OOC: Any input from you both on what to do? Do we press on through the night, or rest here in the forest?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
OOC: Sorry for the delay, only back from holidays properly yesterday

Sigurdur advises against pushing on in such dark and strange territory and so decides to set up camp.

OOC: Weak Hit despite a good roll of 10 :cry:

Sigurdur will Relax by taking out an old boardgame in front of the camp fire that is but a few pieces of wood and a decorated cloth for the board. He'll play solo if none of the others join him.
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
MAKE CAMP
When you rest and recover for several hours in the wild, roll +supply.
On a strong hit, you and your allies may each choose two. On a weak hit, choose one.
• Recuperate: Take +1 health for you and any companions.
• Partake: Suffer -1 supply and take +1 health for you and any companions.
• Relax: Take +1 spirit.
• Focus: Take +1 momentum.
• Prepare: When you break camp, add +1 if you Undertake a Journey.
On a miss, you take no comfort. Pay the Price.

Eleri eagerly joins in, but is unaware of the rules. "We have a variant of this in my home village, but your version has extra pieces. Possibly my ancestors were too thick-skulled for more nuance?" He grins, and furrows his brow in concentration to learn the rules.

Eleri tells the others his plan for the morn as he plays, "We should continue on to the fork, and from there investigate the trails to see which was most recently used. As far as I know only the brave and desperate use the forest way this early into the year so it is likely to be our quarry."

OOC: I will Prepare for when we break camp for the next day's Journey
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"Should I go ahead and look for tracks?" Uktannu asks.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
"If you have the bravery for it in the morning I won't stop you. You know the wilds better"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
Sigurdur wakes in the morning watching the Sun rise over the evergreen trees.

"Uktannu if you try half an hour down one trail, I'll try the second and Eleri the third surely one of us will pick up something

What do you say Eleri?"
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"I'd thought of doing it alone--takes longer but puts only myself at risk," Uktannu says.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
Sigurdur is impressed.

"Alright we'll wait here until you get back"
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
OOC: Sorry, forgot to keep this going! Silverlion Silverlion feel free to Gather Information
GATHER INFORMATION
When you search an area, ask questions, conduct an investigation, or follow a track, roll +wits. If you act within a community or ask questions of a person with whom you share a bond, add +1.

On a strong hit, you discover something helpful and specific. The path you must follow or action you must take to make progress is made clear. Envision what you learn (Ask the Oracle if unsure), and take +2 momentum.

On a weak hit, the information complicates your quest or introduces a new danger. Envision what you discover (Ask the Oracle if unsure), and take +1 momentum.

On a miss, your investigation unearths a dire threat or reveals an unwelcome truth that undermines your quest. Pay the Price.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
2,339
"Well wild places, it is you and I, whisper me your secrets, are their human signs here in the break of your leaves." Uktanna says as he casts his gaze around, "Did they break the path off track?", as he looks at the snow and trodden land along the paths. "Are there too recent animal signs?" as he checks for their markings He spends a moment communing with the wild. (4, 9, D6: 4 so weak hit.)

Both trails show signs of activity of wildlife and small bits of blood which could be a rabbit, or human but there is a solid likelihood the right-hand path is the way, but the stream ahead is nearly a river and its normally old deep worn crevasse is now swollen with water and its bridge is washed away along that path making travel to cross it a threat.
 
Last edited:

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
With camp packed, and his gear ready to go, Eleri catches up and finds Uktanna by the stream. "Hmm, this won't be an easy crossing. If we are not careful we'll be washed away, and even if we do make it across, we risk catching cold from the water and the chill in the air."

Eleri calls back to Sigurdur, "how do you feel about climbing trees?"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
With camp packed, and his gear ready to go, Eleri catches up and finds Uktanna by the stream. "Hmm, this won't be an easy crossing. If we are not careful we'll be washed away, and even if we do make it across, we risk catching cold from the water and the chill in the air."

Eleri calls back to Sigurdur, "how do you feel about climbing trees?"
"I'm not opposed to it. Climb up one and get a good view of the area I assume?"
 

Smith

Legendary Member
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
932
Reaction score
1,232
OOC: Sounds like you're trying to Secure an Advantage before we Face Danger

When you assess a situation, make preparations, or attempt to gain leverage, envision your action and roll. If you act...
  • With speed, agility, or precision: Roll +edge.
  • With charm, loyalty, or courage: Roll +heart.
  • With aggressive action, forceful defense, strength, or endurance: Roll +iron.
  • With deception, stealth, or trickery: Roll +shadow.
  • With expertise, insight, or observation: Roll +wits.
On a strong hit, you gain advantage. Choose one.
  • Take control: Make another move now (not a progress move); when you do, add +1.
  • Prepare to act: Take +2 momentum.
On a weak hit, your advantage is short-lived. Take +1 momentum.

On a miss, you fail or your assumptions betray you. Pay the Price.


When you attempt something risky or react to an imminent threat, envision your action and roll. If you act...
  • With speed, agility, or precision: Roll +edge.
  • With charm, loyalty, or courage: Roll +heart.
  • With aggressive action, forceful defense, strength, or endurance: Roll +iron.
  • With deception, stealth, or trickery: Roll +shadow.
  • With expertise, insight, or observation: Roll +wits.

On a strong hit, you are successful. Take +1 momentum.

On a weak hit, you succeed, but face a troublesome cost. Choose one.
  • You are delayed, lose advantage, or face a new danger: Suffer -1 momentum.
  • You are tired or hurt: Endure Harm (1 harm).
  • You are dispirited or afraid: Endure Stress (1 stress).
  • You sacrifice resources: Suffer -1 supply.

On a miss, you fail, or your progress is undermined by a dramatic and costly turn of events. Pay the Price.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,523
Reaction score
10,560
OOC: Secure advantage + Face Danger. Strong Hit on first, Weak on second. Choosing " You are delayed, lose advantage, or face a new danger "

Sigurdur climbs up a nearby ash tree that sticks up above the height of its brethren. "Probably she's an older tree" Sigurdur muses to the others as he digs his boots into the trunk and hauls himself up to the first branch.

He continues up to the top and takes a good look at the area in front of them.

He looks past the rushing stream with its destroyed bridge to the forest ahead of them. He manages to see what looks like some carved items, probably from the caravan they seek, dropped in the mud leading up to a thick grove of fir trees almost enough to be a forest. Unfortunately a family of mammoths seems to be grazing on the branches there. The old matriarch of the group asleep on the ground.

He climbs down.

"Well fellows, sign of our caraven ahead, but some Mammoths as well"
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top