Irrational Hatreds in RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Writing that focuses on running down other games instead of selling the game they're about. Writing that treats other the official play-style, preferences, etc as mistaken, stupid or just innately wrongheaded, silly even destructive.

Last edited:
I've just remembered one, in Champions it is really hard to make someone who goes down stay down.

Superheroes spend an annoying amount of time kerbstomping villains in a not very heroic attempt to make them stay down.

I've just remembered one, in Champions it is really hard to make someone who goes down stay down.

Superheroes spend an annoying amount of time kerbstomping villains in a not very heroic attempt to make them stay down.

Yeah, I really like Champions and that could be a problem. I think some of the complaints about Champions' taking too long might stem from that and, in turn, the issue came from little guidelines on how much Stun/Recovery to give antagonists, the instinctive tendency being to give them lots.

I also found that many GMs tended to forget some rules like when someone recovers from being Knocked out their Endurance is equal to their positive Stun, so often in the single digits which limits what they can do without risk of collapse or that non Persistent Defenses shut down when Stunned and most be reactivated when the character recovers.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back