Issues with the forum

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Clearly, @
Séadna
Séadna needs to be baned
Is that where Bane shows up at his house and breaks his spine?

Clearly, Séadna Séadna needs to be baned for having the audacity to not be in easy kidnapping range of me. I think we can all agree that this is fair and just.

That said, because I am magnanimous, I would personally continue to support his Paetron account, as long as he keeps e-mailing me various accounts of hawt, steamy forumposter-on-forumposter action.
Clearly he needs to follow my example and start an onlyfans accI mean not start an onlyfans account.

Last edited:
The mods have lowered Lofgeornost Lofgeornost into their lowest ban pit to turn him into the Pub's Bane*. A thoughtful intellectual Forged in the Dark™. I await his swift justice.

*Suave Caribbean Bane, not mumbly Tom Hardy Bane.

Well, I guess I had it coming... 'When the evil are confounded and condemned to fires of woe' and all that.
But this means a new avatar! What diabolic representation best shows my new status:

The devil in a Dante ms. c. 1350?
Devil_Dante_f48r_700.jpg

The Servitus Diaboli in an engraving of Egbert van Panderen, c. 1615?
ServitusDiaboli_c1615_700.jpg

I missed this this year and can't let it go for Christmas.

I teased you here, brought you to half-mast here and now for the stunning conclusion.

Pounded in the Butt by Lamentations Sales figures Part III: Climax of the Flame Princess

After months of journeying across Brazil you finally reach the Raggidome, the heart of Raggi's decadent post-OSR empire built over the ruins of São Paulo. Your trek here has not been easy, confined to hexagonally moving across the nation facing the same set of twenty enemies has been a slog. As you enter the dome the crowd instantly goes silent. They know this confrontation is the end. Raggi, from high atop his throne in the distance, shouts down to you.

"Well Butcher here at last!"

You pace the arena meeting the eyes of the crowd. "Please Raggi, we know each other better than that now, you can use my first name"

"Alright 'The' if you insist" he says with curt nod. "Are you finally giving up, ready to have your butt pounded by my sales figures?" He takes out a huge wad of paper, consisting of each sale's individual shipping invoice. You conservatively estimate their number at 3.8 billion.

"Oh a butt will be pounded here today Raggi, but not mine. Do I still have the right of hireling?"

The crowd gasps. The Butcher asking for help? Impossible.

"You may, if any here are up to the task"

You smile. You made your choice long ago. Months of meditating had seen you heroquest into the godtime to seek guidance from the RPG deities.

"But St. Andre, Stafford, Pondsmith, Steve Jackson, Unca Kev....I don't even understand what motivates Raggi, how can I defeat him? How can I enter the super-edgy OSR mindset?"

They had responded in unison.

"D&D is many things Butcher, remember that and it will guide you"

In the present you point to a lone member of the crowd.

"I choose.....Voros to be my hireling"

Another gasp from the crowd. A Modron!!!

"ARE YOU FUCKING MAD?!!!" Raggi screams. "Do you mock this trial?"

"No" you say and gesture for the Modron to join you. He pops over the railing and into the stadium.

"But gee willickers Mr. Butcher sir, why'd you choose me?" he calls out, running up with a chipper jog.

"You'll see....RAGGI!! Do your worst!" you demand.

"Then you will face my champions, such as the Wight Supremacist. Get it...he's like fiercely judgemental of the other Channel Islands"

"Pffft, edginess won't harm me Raggi. I play FATAL RAW. I said do your worst"

Suddenly he summons every single end of dungeon boss from each LotFP module.

"Ha! Ha! A negadungeon TPK with no way out!" he jeers.

Just what you've been waiting for. You grab Voros and prepare to toss him into the monstrous horde.

"Mr. Butcher what are you doing?!"

"Trust me...I'm a doctor and....quem não arrisca não petisca" you say flinging him through the air. Raggi's eyes go wide as he dives from his throne, grabs the modron midair, dismisses the monsters and lands on the ground. Tears flow from his eyes.

"How...how did you know?"

"You might claim to like B/X ultraviolence, but deep down like all of us you cherish the innocence of pure 2E kitsch. I knew you couldn't let the modron die. We have to accept all of D&D's history"

"You're right...my next module will be about...Elves befriending Ewoks"

"I was wrong as well Raggi. These months of hardship and struggle...building my way up to face you....Being so damn cool for so damn long, I'd forgotten the pleasure of the low-level struggle"

"What...." a voice from the crowd says "...that's the resolution? Every edition of D&D has worth? Jesus Christ stop going on and on about this one game! Play something else for fuck sake...." he fades out as everybody rightful ignores this utter lunatic who probably plays GURPS or something even weirder.

"But Butcher..." Raggi says "...you said a butt would be pounded...yet..."

As you walk into the sunset, you cast a smile over your shoulder.

"But it was Raggi....the butt of our preconceptions"

See you all in a few months :thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is a fine thread. It's like drinking a smooth glass of 18 year old scotch while a half-mad syphilitic halfling screams the lyrics to every Julio Iglesias song ever right into your medulla oblongata.

After looking for a thread, I didn't find a better one. So the question shall be asked here:
if you edit a post, and add a @mention, does it send the alert?

I've been having some suspicions lately. And since I added a bunch of mentions today...

I guess it's easy to check. I'll just say Endless Flight Endless Flight and add a space, post, then edit to remove it. If he doesn't get an alert, bug detected:thumbsup:.
And if he does...well, sorry:grin:?

Yeah, it shows up as an alert in the new posts listing under the bell. I'm a bit out of it these days, working on Phaserip, so while I'm keeping an eye on the forum a few times a day (or my day, which is middle of the night here at the Pub), I haven't been keeping up on all the notifications (I get between 40-100 a day).

Asking for a friend*: if AsenRG AsenRG does an @mention in a post is there a way to convince him we didn't receive an alert so he doesn't get wise to us ignoring him?

*Okay, it's Voros Voros ... actually while I'm at it, if Voros Voros does an @someone in a post is there a way to convince him we didn't receive an alert so he doesn't get wise to us ignoring him? AsenRG AsenRG asked me to find out

Asking for a friend*: if AsenRG AsenRG does an @mention in a post is there a way to convince him we didn't receive an alert so he doesn't get wise to us ignoring him?

*Okay, it's Voros Voros ... actually while I'm at it, if Voros Voros does an @someone in a post is there a way to convince him we didn't receive an alert so he doesn't get wise to us ignoring him? AsenRG AsenRG asked me to find out
I don't mind you ignoring me:thumbsup:.
It's on you, and the anemojimosa would be on your health account, too:gunslinger:! I mean, you'd be missing your daily dose of emojis...:shade:

(I just like spotting bugs in programs. Any rumors that I might be exploiting them are of course baseless, unfounded and unconfirmed:tongue:!)

1698070276018.jpeg

dennis-the-menace-1993.gif

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back