Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
Love le Carre, I read The Spy Who Came in from the Cold as a teen and it blew my mind. I hear his more recent and autobigraphical A Perfect Spy is a must read. He read his last book on Audible, he had such a wonderful voice it is a shame he didn't do it for more of his books.

One of the few writers who has been very popular and a respected stylist whose reputation over time has only grown.

He took the melancholy spy style of Eric Ambler and expanded masterfully on it, he is only topped for me by the genius of Graham Greene.

He's been quite lucky with his film and tv adaptations: The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is a classic; the BBC tv series of Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy AND the most recent film are both excellent; The Night Manager on AMC was very well done (still need to see their version of Little Drummer Girl too); The Constant Gardener, Russia House and Our Kind of Traitor are all underrated films well worth your time.

Last edited:
I've never read Le Carre, but I ought to. I did enjoy the filmed versions of The Spy Who Came in From the Cold and Smiley's People.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back