Judge’s Guild Products

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
First, thanks for the link to Rob's blog, as someone who don't follow social media, I didn't understand what the thread was about.

In my opinion, racism is mostly just a product of ignorance and not understanding other people and cultures.
I've been to two very different countries, compared to my own country which is Denmark.
In 1998 I was in Tokyo with two friends, one of which is half-japanese (his mother is from Tokyo).
Again in 2000 I was in Costa Rica, with a friend and when co-worker, who is Costa RIcan.
My point is not to brag, but that these trips were very eye-opening experiences to me, about both how different but yet so similar we human beings really are. I also learned to appreciate, some of the things in my country, that you have a tendency to just take for granted.

I also had a girlfriend who was from Turkey. Her family came up here, when she was three years old. So I learned alot about muslim culture through her family. Sadly, I lost her three years ago, to braincancer.

I also see the TV watching with my mother, who is 74. Luckily she just watches various english crimeshows and Bonanza reruns. She also watches alot of german tv.

First, thanks for the link to Rob's blog, as someone who don't follow social media, I didn't understand what the thread was about.

In my opinion, racism is mostly just a product of ignorance and not understanding other people and cultures.
I've been to two very different countries, compared to my own country which is Denmark.
In 1998 I was in Tokyo with two friends, one of which is half-japanese (his mother is from Tokyo).
Again in 2000 I was in Costa Rica, with a friend and when co-worker, who is Costa RIcan.
My point is not to brag, but that these trips were very eye-opening experiences to me, about both how different but yet so similar we human beings really are. I also learned to appreciate, some of the things in my country, that you have a tendency to just take for granted.

I also had a girlfriend who was from Turkey. Her family came up here, when she was three years old. So I learned alot about muslim culture through her family. Sadly, I lost her three years ago, to braincancer.

I also see the TV watching with my mother, who is 74. Luckily she just watches various english crimeshows and Bonanza reruns. She also watches alot of german tv.
Sorry for your loss mad hatter.

As a journalism major who ended up in teaching, I find the proliferation of bogus outlets, misleading headlines, and flat out lies presented as truth bewildering and aggravating. The idea that we'll present all sides and let the consumer suss it out presupposed the fallacious idea that most people are actually good consumers (of anything). It's all made worse by the reporters' rush to be first, rather than correct.

Sad...

I think I owned exactly one JG product, which I bought years ago. Cannot recall what it is. Not sure how I'd handle things if I had a ton of stuff. Probably resolve not to purchase any more until some changes were made. What's just ridiculous is that they could've kept their anti-semitism to themselves, but felt emboldened enough to air it out.

Last edited:
Fer Chrize sake.

Does not address ANY of the shit he's actually been called out on, and instead tries to claim a moral high ground.

This guy is too far gone. The hobby was right to wash their hands of him.

I really just hope his complete failure will sooner than later lead to the legacy properties passing to another publisher, because it's a shame to not have access to important products of the hobby's history

He lost me when he tried to say the Crusades were a good thing to call back to.

You made it further than me.

Incidentally, can anyone vouch for any of the claims made? Or is this the old man version of the "I secretly work as a special ninja operative for the marines."

ezgif-7-51907eb495eb.gif
That was ... quite the rant. I'm reminded of the old Far Side cartoon with the psychiatrist writing down 'Just plain nuts' on his notepad.

One can only hope - for his own sake as much as everybody else's - that he comes to his senses some day.

I think we also need a o_O emoji.

Last edited:
Incidentally, can anyone vouch for any of the claims made? Or is this the old man version of the "I secretly work as a special ninja operative for the marines."

You mean him supposedly learning about the Zionist conspiracy from friends with top secret government jobs?

Yeah, that's bullshit. One) I have some friends with high security jobs, and you don't get/keep these jobs by discussing stuff with friends who will then blather them over facebook and 2) national security agencies really aren't concerned with race - it isn't something that they pay attention to in assessing security threats

Well "Original Books of Moses in Aramaic" mysticism, secret military knowledge, Jesus not being a Jew, climbing castles being in his DNA. It's not somebody operating from a reasonable mindset. That combined with the egregious racism makes it very hard to imagine a productive or pleasant business relationship. A pity considering all the material of both hobbyist and historical interest. I'll get your stuff now Robert, but it's clear you made the right choice.

You probably missed one of the real gems: "I do not believe Jesus Christ was a Jew"

Yep. I missed that one.

You mean him supposedly learning about the Zionist conspiracy from friends with top secret government jobs?

Yeah, that's bullshit. One) I have some friends with high security jobs, and you don't get/keep these jobs by discussing stuff with friends who will then blather them over facebook and 2) national security agencies really aren't concerned with race - it isn't something that they pay attention to in assessing security threats

Yeah, the stuff like "family fought in the revolution", "they signed the Declaration of Independence", "I did private work for the government" (with the associated points making me misinterpret while skimming that he was claiming top secret clearance). I was already thinking total bullshit, but I figured I might as well ask.

Also, why do people who BS like this always claim Cherokee heritage? I saw that and thought (sarcastically to be clear), "of course you're part Cherokee." It was kind of like the cherry on top.

Well, the family fighting in the Revolutionary War isn't a stretch if you've had family living in the States for 200+ years. My great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather and son bought fought in the War. One was a captain. It's not necessarily immediate family if you can trace it on a family tree.

Also, why do people who BS like this always claim Cherokee heritage? I saw that and thought (sarcastically to be clear), "of course you're part Cherokee." It was kind of like the cherry on top.

I don't even know what they point was - even if he has Native American blood to whatever degree, no idea why that's an excuse for racist posts, anymore than "I have black friends" means posting in advocacy of slavery is somehow totes legit.

Well, the family fighting in the Revolutionary War isn't a stretch if you've had family living in the States for 200+ years. My great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather and son bought fought in the War. One was a captain. It's not necessarily immediate family if you can trace it on a family tree.

my grandfather was a bootlegger, running alcohol to NY from Nova Scotia during prohibition

I have records of my great great some number of greats Grandfather fighting in the revolutionary war as part of the militia from Wilkes County Georgia. That part isn't that unbelievable. There are high chances that anyone who can trace their family tree back far enough can find something like that.

The "secret government friends" though part is hilarious.

I understand that my opinion may not be a popular one. Bob Bledsaw II says things that we find hateful, and some of us respond with hate towards Bob Bledsaw II. Hate is hate. It comes from the same place. I am saddened by his comments, as I am saddened by many of the responses above. Only love conquers hate, my friends.

I understand that my opinion may not be a popular one. Bob Bledsaw II says things that we find hateful, and some of us respond with hate towards Bob Bledsaw II. Hate is hate. It comes from the same place. I am saddened by his comments, as I am saddened by many of the responses above. Only love conquers hate, my friends.

Pity, disappointment and rejection of dishonesty aren't hate. No one here is calling for him to be harmed in any way
(and we wouldn't tolerate that at the Pub).

When I was in the military my work required a TS/SCI clearance. I can vouch for points 1 and 2, above.

Pity, disappointment and rejection of dishonesty aren't hate. No one here is calling for him to be harmed in any way
(and we wouldn't tolerate that at the Pub).

I was not referring to the pity, disappointment and rejection of Bob Bledsaw II. I was referring to a few dehumanizing and hateful things said in this discussion. I was in error by saying "many of the responses" as when I went back there were only a few.

Judging by the archived response, Mr. Bledsaw II has drunk all the Kool Aid, then made some more (and drank that, too). It’s a shame, especially as he is not nearly as alone as he should be in his views.

Judging by the archived response, Mr. Bledsaw II has drunk all the Kool Aid, then made some more (and drank that, too). It’s a shame, especially as he is not nearly as alone as he should be in his views.

yeah, reading the facebook responses was....depressing.

Thankfully, I blocked him on Facebook, so I can't see his posts. I won't bother with the copy on archive. I have enough stuff to deal with so I see no need to read any delusional justification he chooses to post in defense of him being an unrepentant racist

I am encouraged by the clear and more-or-less universal rejection of the younger Bledsaw's here and on other roleplaying game sites. And it is a good thing because our community has a strong obligation to project a lot of clarity on these issues.

Whether we like it or not, it is simply true that that gaming community, particularly the OSR gaming community has a small but significant and quite vocal population of bomb-throwing bigots. This site is great; as far as I can tell, the 'pub' has remained a sane, humane place to talk games and whatever else strikes your fancy. But we all know there are sites to the left and right of us that have degenerated badly by failing to handle these issues well - whether it is through winking leniency or oppressively over-broad reactions.

I'm part of another group that faces a similar issue: The HEMA community (historical european martial arts) is mostly populated by extremely welcoming, friendly enthusiasts who interact wonderfully with each other. It also draws white supremacists, actual nazis and all sorts of random fellow travelers like flies to sugar. They are always rare but also always present. And allowing just one to vent their spleen in a public space could permanently damage the reputation and coherence of the whole community. It is a constant, nagging issue at the fringe of HEMA, and I think the same is true for OSR gaming.

So, keep up the good work, and stay vigilant!

Last edited:
I'm part of another group that faces a similar issue: The HEMA community (historical european martial arts) is mostly populated by extremely welcoming, friendly enthusiasts who interact wonderfully with each other. It also draws white supremacists, actual nazis and all sorts of random fellow travelers like flies to sugar. They are always rare but also always present. And allowing just one to vent their spleen in a public space could permanently damage the reputation and coherence of the whole community. It is a constant, nagging issue at the fringe of HEMA, and I think the same is true for OSR gaming.

this is a problem in many things from the nordic cultures as well. appropriation of Asatru, for example, and the infamous Sig rune issue, and all the Odinic iconography present on white supremacists in prisons.

People are always looking for a way to put down others. it's horrible.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back