Just cool pics

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
187346647_1820140274826381_1086207549292055382_n.jpg

This statue, by Marco d’Agrate (,c.1562) depicts Saint Bartholomew, an early Christian martyr who was allegedly skinned alive. If you look closely, you’ll notice that’s not a robe that he’s holding...

149410432_10159013152866192_1821039689655424702_n.jpg

"Dear diary: Today I learned that in '64 Dusty Springfield set out touring South Africa. She specifically had a clause in her contract that she would only play to non-segregated audiences. After only two shows the passports of her and her band were seized, and they were held and questioned for three days, not being allowed any phone calls. After being told they could only continue to tour if they respected apartheid regulations, she said no, and she and her band were forced to leave the country."

"As one person on FB put it, 'You never know who the real punk rockers are until it's punk rock time.'"

Last edited:
I'm going to call no. Nothing cool about seeing all those books rotting. Those poor books. Won't someone think of the books!
That was my first thought. My second thought was that the books and magnifying glass around the chair look like the occupant was suddenly interrupted while reading. My third thought was that maybe he got grabbed by something coming out of the ceiling.

Showed this to my wife... She got a very distant look in her eyes as she looked at and kept saying, "I want it". I think I'll have to keep a close eye on her for the next few weeks. Lol

Edit: Yup, she's doing Google searches now. (sigh)

Only $3000...

Only $3000...
Oh good, sanity prevails, she said she would have snagged it if it was only a grand, thankfully $3k sounds too pricey to her. I'll not remind her how much I spend on my motorcycle addiction right now. Lol

Oh good, sanity prevails, she said she would have snagged it if it was only a grand, thankfully $3k sounds too pricey to her. I'll not remind her how much I spend on my motorcycle addiction right now. Lol

Doing your own print for her would make a great surprse birthday gift. I'm sure you could find high res images of al the elements online, and there are websites that just print up custom boardgame elements for fan creations. Then just finding some Oz miniatures for playing pieces doesn't seem that hard...

edit: the pewter Oz miniature set by Wanda Scruby looks ike it would work well...

1506627864787-330f4e48ce7b97d2c6cd94e83ab6f05702a67e89ef79d4648d9fb220ed79a6a9.jpg

Last edited:
Always wondered who those girls were and who killed them

Seemed like Kubert just included them as a WTF, but I assume there was some symbolism there that hasn't been unravelled yet

Always wondered who those girls were and who killed them

Seemed like Kubert just included them as a WTF, but I assume there was some symbolism there that hasn't been unravelled yet

The "Grady twins" were the daughters of the "butler" Charles/Delbert Grady, who may or may not have been the ghost of a former caretaker.

I got the Burns sisters (who played the twins) to autograph an axe head at a horror convention several years ago. It's heavy as hell, because it comes from an actual fireman's axe of the type used in the movie, so it has to sit on the bottom shelf of my display case.

The "Grady twins" were the daughters of the "butler" Charles/Delbert Grady, who may or may not have been the ghost of a former caretaker.

Grady didn't have twins, his daughters were "8 and 10 years old", as explained to Jack at the beginning of the film.

Grady didn't have twins, his daughters were "8 and 10 years old", as explained to Jack at the beginning of the film.

Ah, that's right. They tend to get referred to a lot as "the Grady twins" in discussions about the film, but it was actually the actresses who were twins, not the characters.

What confused you about who they were and who killed them? The Charles vs. Delbert Grady name issue?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back