Just cool pics

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Ah, that's right. They tend to get referred to a lot as "the Grady twins" in discussions about the film, but it was actually the actresses who were twins, not the characters.

What confused you about who they were and who killed them? The Charles vs. Delbert Grady name issue?

I don't think they are the Grady's children. Kubrick woudn't have added in that element of the children being different ages and then used twins, he was far too meticulous for that. The discrepency suggests that he's trying to draw our attention to something, but I don't know what that is. Are they related to the old lady twins that Jack encounters in Room 208? Do they represent something that Danny's shining is trying to communicate to him? I don't know yet. But I'm pretty certain they aren't related to Grady.

I don't think they are the Grady's children. Kubrick woudn't have added in that element of the children being different ages and then used twins, he was far too meticulous for that. The discrepency suggests that he's trying to draw our attention to something, but I don't know what that is. Are they related to the old lady twins that Jack encounters in Room 208? Do they represent something that Danny's shining is trying to communicate to him? I don't know yet. But I'm pretty certain they aren't related to Grady.
They are Delbert Grady's kids. As for them being twins, it's not like they are identical twins, so casting them as non-twins makes sense. Kubrick isn't perfect anyway. There are continuity errors with Delbert Grady being called Charles at times.

Last edited:
They are Delbert Grady's kids. As for them being twins, it's not like they are identical twins, so casting them as non-twins makes sense. Kubrick isn't perfect anyway. There are continuity errors with Delbert Grady being called Charles at times.

I just don't think those are Continuity errors, I think they were very deliberate. I don't know about Kubrick being perfect, but he was definitely a perfectionist, and made very deliberate choices. The Delbert/Charles disparity already has a pretty obvious explanation in the film, but I haven't seen one for the twins, besides the allusions to James Mason's daughters who visited the set. But it's not like Kubrick is around to confirm or deny anything, so I guess it's up to the individual viewer to decide.

I'm reading Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay at present, so this pic is a good reminder that I can use the little folk of the Willow film, the Nelwyn, as a reasonably good point of reference when presenting the Haffen (halflings) of WFRP's setting of The Old World to my players.
The Nelwyn are halflings, but they're a little different to Hobbits or Kender, and visually I think they are a close enough fit for the Haffen of The Old World. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm reading Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay at present, so this pic is a good reminder that I can use the little folk of the Willow film, the Nelwyn, as a reasonably good point of reference when presenting the Haffen (halflings) of WFRP's setting of The Old World to my players.
The Nelwyn are halflings, but they're a little different to Hobbits or Kender, and visually I think they are a close enough fit for the Haffen of The Old World. :thumbsup:
Should start a new thread on your opinions on WFR. I'd be curious, I read through it when it came out and have some opinions.

Doing your own print for her would make a great surprse birthday gift. I'm sure you could find high res images of al the elements online, and there are websites that just print up custom boardgame elements for fan creations. Then just finding some Oz miniatures for playing pieces doesn't seem that hard...

edit: the pewter Oz miniature set by Wanda Scruby looks ike it would work well...

View attachment 31726

British miniatures manufacturer Sally4th makes a "Wars of Ozz" game and metal figures. Don't show your wife:

Should start a new thread on your opinions on WFR. I'd be curious, I read through it when it came out and have some opinions.
That's a good idea!
I'm not sure if I have enough momentum to structure a new thread devoted to WFRP at present, but I'ld be happy to contribute to a pre-existing one.
Maybe if something doesn't emerge then I'll kick a thread off in a few weeks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've been to the Frazetta house/museum. That was a real experience. But my favourite in the United states I think is the Brandywine Mill House/museaum in Pennsylvania with the Wyeth collection.

51258358947_86fa72e669_c.jpg

51259829544_cb9b41647e_c.jpg

51259829509_262ec097e4_c.jpg

51260125985_facae73910_c.jpg

51259282618_cf865203fb_c.jpg

51259829539_6dd5369f8b_c.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back