Just got an Air Fryer

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Tommy Brownell

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
One of those Ninja Foodi gimmicks. The XL Grill 4-in-1.

I'm told on social media that air fryer owners are obligated to constantly tell people that they have an air fryer, so I'm fulfilling that part of the social contract.

Anyone got any good recipes? I'm open to anything that won't kill me.

Easy mode: Use the air fryer to make fries and reheat leftover pizza.

Expensive poptart maker!

Reheat pizza?

That’s all I got, sorry.

Ahh I see the reheat pizza idea is taken. Damn.

Dry your socks? (Particularly any Garlic Socks you may have).

OP, you should also look up Air Fryer recipes that'll give you more sophisticated options.

These devices are getting pretty cool. I’d like to fast forward to telling my robot what recipe I want, and having them just do it.

I have an air fryer cause my mom decided to buy a bigger one cause she liked hers so much. I honestly don't think I've ever used it.

I have an air fryer cause my mom decided to buy a bigger one cause she liked hers so much. I honestly don't think I've ever used it.

I'm down the rabbit hole of bad habits jacking with me, so in lieu of having the willpower to just cut out bad options, I'm instead trying to pivot to "less bad" options.

The last thing I cooked in my air fryer were pork cutlets marinated in Franks Red Hot Sauce, dredged in season flour, egg wash, then dredged again. I rubbed the basket with oil and spritzed my breaded cutlets with oil when I put them in. They came out really good with a nice crust.

You might get some ideas from this thread.

I've cooked some pork chops in mine. Also the sausage for jambalaya. Reheating pizza does, indeed, work well. Reheated some restaurant french fries, too. Need to use mine more.

You might get some ideas from this thread.

I've cooked some pork chops in mine. Also the sausage for jambalaya. Reheating pizza does, indeed, work well. Reheated some restaurant french fries, too. Need to use mine more.

Thanks! My wife fixed up some asparagus sprinkled with turkey bacon bits last night and it was

Oh, man hadn't thought of this, could be a gamechanger. It is absolutely the one leftover food that is almost never worth saving cause reheating it ruins it.

No joke!

So thanks to working 12 hours on July 4th, and having 12 hours Overtime on top of that, I'm a little flushed with cash. I have 2 air fryers in my wish list on Amazon, but I don't know which one to get. Any suggestions?

The Nuwave Brio is cheaper, but the Chefman looks like it could cook more at one time (which would be handy if I want to cut back on pre-made frozen meals to eat at work)

Generally, I would recommend the larger if you’ve got the cash.

There’s a lot to be said for having a higher cooking capacity.

So thanks to working 12 hours on July 4th, and having 12 hours Overtime on top of that, I'm a little flushed with cash. I have 2 air fryers in my wish list on Amazon, but I don't know which one to get. Any suggestions?

The Nuwave Brio is cheaper, but the Chefman looks like it could cook more at one time (which would be handy if I want to cut back on pre-made frozen meals to eat at work)
we got this one. it's more expensive, but I have been nothing but pleased with it. most importantly, you can put in slices of day old pizza and they come out perfect.

this one right here

One of those Ninja Foodi gimmicks. The XL Grill 4-in-1.

I'm told on social media that air fryer owners are obligated to constantly tell people that they have an air fryer, so I'm fulfilling that part of the social contract.

Anyone got any good recipes? I'm open to anything that won't kill me.
But air fryers use a LOT less fat... Why would you want that?

Exactly. I also want to live a healthy, fulfilling life and not just a long one. Even if it doesn't kill you, clogged arteries are linked to a ton of health problems such as impotence.
My goal is dying in my 90s while walking in my yard.

I always say "walking in my yard" just to point out that I still want to be active, and not spending 20 years bedridden or something.

My goal is dying in my 90s while walking in my yard.

I always say "walking in my yard" just to point out that I still want to be active, and not spending 20 years bedridden or something.
I would say walking in my yard just to point out it sure would be nice if I owned my own yard.

I would say walking in my yard just to point out it sure would be nice if I owned my own yard.
I rent mine, but yeah.
I'm over 50 and trust me it's overrated!
I have a severely disabled daughter who will never be able to take care of her most basic necessities in life, much less live on her own. I need to keep going as long as possible.

Last edited:
I already ordered the chefman. Given it's just me, it seems more then enough for my needs
The choice of this purchase was driven largely by my wife ok’ing a “toaster oven” that id been after her for for literal decades, and her seeing air fryer and viewing it as healthy, then me being able to go to consumer reports and point to an “air fryer” that consumer reports was rated highly.

I have no doubt yours would fill my needs as well, but there was a price for the political win here ;)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back