Just Watched Cobra Kai...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dammit Victor

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
... and I don't know what I really expected, but I didn't expect that.

Brilliant.

A good man whose obsession with the past is making him forget his own nature, and a bad man who seems to be constantly on the verge of learning to be a better one, dancing in circles around the one event that defined both of their lives.

No fucking clue why it's classified as a comedy.

Yup, it was amazing. The most surprising thing I've seen this year, for sure.

Now the challenge for YouTube is building enough of an incentive for people to watch their service to continue producing it (Season 2 was already confirmed, but most people seem to consider YouTubeRed a one show service - Cobra Kai - and that's not an unfair criticism...we recently switched from DirecTV to YouTube TV, which includes the YouTube Red shows, thankfully).

Damn, this sounds interesting. I'm trying really hard not to get lured into dozens of individual streaming services ...

It’s a well done show. If you just liked the Karate Kid movies, it’s worth a watch.

... and I don't know what I really expected, but I didn't expect that.

Brilliant.

A good man whose obsession with the past is making him forget his own nature, and a bad man who seems to be constantly on the verge of learning to be a better one, dancing in circles around the one event that defined both of their lives.

No fucking clue why it's classified as a comedy.

Late to the party but fuck yes. Six episodes in and what a brilliant show.

speaking of Season 2, looks like it dropped. First episode is free on regular Youtube again, with the rest being part of their Premium service.

Watched the first two yesterday.

Writing and acting still great.

Pretty sure Kreese will fuck things up, any minute now.

Is it sad that I recognized a male adult film star as one of the thugs Danny & Robbie face off with on the beach in episode 4?

At leas they are willing to release it to another company. I liked it enough that I signed up for the service just to watch it, then cancelled (both seasons), but it makes it easier if it lands at a service I already subscribe to (but also makes it a little more likely that it gets lost in the crowd).

I watched this after the Netflix jump. The franchise I didn't know I needed. Part CW drama/part adult who watched the movies nostalgia.

Now I'm depressed that I finished both seasons. Decide to watch Karate Kid, only to find out it's gone from Netflix and CBS AA. Showtime exclusive at the moment. Grr.

I haven't seen Karate Kid. Is it true to the comics? Do any other Legionnaires turn up?
Webp.net-resizeimage.png

I watched this after the Netflix jump. The franchise I didn't know I needed. Part CW drama/part adult who watched the movies nostalgia.

Now I'm depressed that I finished both seasons. Decide to watch Karate Kid, only to find out it's gone from Netflix and CBS AA. Showtime exclusive at the moment. Grr.

Ooh, glad I rewatched Karate Kid 1-3 before Cobra Kai came out.

I haven't seen Karate Kid. Is it true to the comics? Do any other Legionnaires turn up?

The only connection is that the production companies had to pay Warner/DC a licensing fee to use the name. "Cobra Kai" avoids that altogether. At this point, I'm surprised they didn't rename "The Karate Kid" to "Cobra Kai: Origins" to put an end to those fees.

The only connection is that the production companies had to pay Warner/DC a licensing fee to use the name. "Cobra Kai" avoids that altogether. At this point, I'm surprised they didn't rename "The Karate Kid" to "Cobra Kai: Origins" to put an end to those fees.
That's too bad. I was looking forward to Elisabeth Shue as Princess Projectra.
Princess-Projectra-1.jpg

She was in the trailer...
Rofl, I didn’t watch it, was just reacting to Endless’s post. I saw her in the trailer, that’s great.

I’ll bet Terry Silver shows up at some point.

They could even bring in Julie, Dugan and Charlie from the next Karate Kid. Seeing Hilary Swank, Michael Ironside and Walton Goggins would be fun.

Season 3 is gonna drop on New Year's Day, a week earlier than originally planned. They even made a video about the change:

Just binged Season 3. Netflix better make season 4, or I might cancel my subscription. The throwbacks to the first two films were great. It was uneven at times, but I think it ended on a high note.

Just binged Season 3. Netflix better make season 4, or I might cancel my subscription. The throwbacks to the first two films were great. It was uneven at times, but I think it ended on a high note.

Fighting myself to let it breathe a bit and not binge the whole thing. It's hard with the way that they're ending the episodes though...

And good news for your Netflix sub- Season 4's already been greenlit and they're in production.

Fighting myself to let it breathe a bit and not binge the whole thing. It's hard with the way that they're ending the episodes though...

Given my lengthy watch list (not to mention ones on other services), and the length of each episode, it was too easy to just watch them all.

And good news for your Netflix sub- Season 4's already been greenlit and they're in production.

It was kind of a hollow threat, since I'm paid up through April, and there's also the next season of Stranger Things to watch :clown:

Oh, go on and binge it, you know it makes sense. I think I watched the last 5 episodes in one evening and they were great.

Cobra Kai is a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed this season, perhaps more than the second season.

My friends hadn't seen the latter half of season two, so we binged that and went straight into season three. This was weird, since in-universe only 2 weeks had passed, but all the kids are noticeably older because of production delays during the pandemic. There's going to be a lot of guys and girls in their mid-twenties entering the Under 18's All Valley next year!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back