Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The 48 page thing was due to the binding, any more than that and we were advised it would cause a problem from the printer. Originally we had plans on using saddle stitch so it could truly lay flat, but that option is unavailable for the layout / trim size we're going for. After printing a few proofs, once we were up to 50-52 pages it became very easy for them to come unglued in this format (the joys of POD).
Eh? I've got bigger PoD books than that with no binding issues. I'm confused. Why would there be an issue with a larger book?

I'll wait when it comes out, but I'm interested. But then I like to see new twists on D&D. (Depending on the cost as usual.)

Eh? I've got bigger PoD books than that with no binding issues. I'm confused. Why would there be an issue with a larger book?

Has to do with the double landscape and the tendency to mush it flat. Any thicker (page count wise) you have to basically break the spine to keep it open. At this thickness it stays flat without breaking the glue.

Has to do with the double landscape and the tendency to mush it flat. Any thicker (page count wise) you have to basically break the spine to keep it open. At this thickness it stays flat without breaking the glue.
Ah. Didn’t realize you were going with a nonstandard layout.

Print it as letter size cards then binding doesn't matter.

I was a backer too, and just finished reading my PDF - it's good stuff. I've long thought a fantasy Stargate setting would be neat to run or play in, and this is a great interpretation of that idea.

Thank you Simon. I love the feedback. Voros, If you don't have yours yet, I'm going to send out a new batch of PDFs in a little while. The last batch I sent was Monday, so if you sent in survey after that, I haven't emailed it yet.

I bought this thinking it would be the perfect drink for a Hellboy game. Now I just need the game....
IMG_20190525_193131-01.png

To be clear, not bitching here, just sorta musing.

It's near the end of May now, and this Kickstarter initially projected delivery in May. That's clearly not going to happen. Nor do I think it's the least bit unusual. To be honest, given the Kickstarters I've been involved in as well as others I've kept track of, I didn't expect delivery to be started until August. So I'm definitely not alarmed or saying there's any reason for alarm. That's just how these things go. They almost always miss their projection by several months.

But I did kinda hope that since it was initially just a reprint that they'd actually meet the May projection.

The print version has been upgraded to "a limited edition hardcover (...) a high-quality offset print run" instead of a mere print-on-demand book. 14 hours to go as I post this.

14 hours to go as I post this. The print version has been upgraded to "a limited edition hardcover (...) a high-quality offset print run" instead of a mere print-on-demand book. I decided to go for the print+pdf level after all.

I just backed at PDF level. It's a very nice book, but too expensive for me ($75 CAD for the book + shipping is just too much right now).
Sure, most of these adventures are available on his site, but the way they're put together and unified, along with bonus material to support them... well I've gotta have this in SOME format.

Plus I've already used a few of his maps in my campaigns and loved them.

Surprisingly, shipping for me (Netherlands) only turned out to be CA$8, not too bad. A total of around €50 for a hefty hardcover book and the pdf's seems like a decent price.

Unless we are still playing her wrong I'm convinced Liz is massively op.

We played a hard difficulty game last night and there was a lot of shit affecting us. We got to the final encounter with Tentacles of Shem. He's weak to fire, she did 3 flame blasts that tore him apart. Lobster finished him off. It was ridicuously easy.

This is a great game, but the difficulty is massively off

Well, there's always an even harder mode with the other BPRD agents without powers.

I suspect there must be something you're missing, as the playthroughs on the Mantic Hellboy Facebook group have mostly been gruelling You guys do know Liz's fire attacks hurt her teammates too right?

True that. Ghost Whistler Ghost Whistler , did you include that feature? That might explain why it was a breeze.
Sure but fire has never really proved that much of an issue. She's never had to attack a space occupied by allies. Shadu Hem was all on his loneseome and already vulnerable to fire.

I dunno, if there's something we're missing I don't know what it is.

Sure but fire has never really proved that much of an issue. She's never had to attack a space occupied by allies. Shadu Hem was all on his loneseome and already vulnerable to fire.

I dunno, if there's something we're missing I don't know what it is.

Hm, maybe do a play by play of a game

Of course. Maybe the dice gods are just being kind to you

It's not that we aren't having fun, it's just the difficulty could be a little more robust given that it's a coop game. The game sets up the boss phase implying its a big deal, and the boss minis are impressive, so when the poor guy gets almost one shotted...!

A week to go: Four FIVE! Perilous Journeys on Kickstarter
by Gaming Ballistic

FIVE Perilous Journeys

I've revamped the campaign by adding a few new stretch goals and adding some "all the things" pledge levels, which include the new reward items, such as the 32-page solitaire adventure we unlocked at $21,000!

Ironskull Castle (Pulver). Visit Ironskull Castle, the headquarters of Lady Raelle Ironskull, mercenary warlord turned magical arms dealer, mistress of Eldritch Arms. An entire castle filled with nasty surprises, strange magic items, and detailed NPCs. 16 pages.

Crown of Eternity (Rice/Tremlett). The party is tasked with finding a lost researcher for an exclusive league of magical explorers. The lost eldritch archaeologist was in search of the fabled Crown of Eternity. 16 pages.

Citadel of Ice (Pulver). The dungeon is a frozen labyrinth inside an iceberg drifting in the ocean. The team of adventurers must journey to the floating tomb before it melts, taking the treasure with it. 16 pages.

Curse of the Pirate King (Rice/Tremlett). Travel to the former capitol of a vast pirate nation, and find the fabled Blade of Dawn. Go to the lifeless rock, and loot the treasure of a thousand dead buccaneers. What could go wrong? 16 pages.

Vampire Hunter Belladonna is a programmed adventure for The Fantasy Trip. You won't need a Game Master—instead a system of branching paragraphs directs you from encounter to encounter as you make your own choice. This independent adventure has ties to Ironskull Castle, so you can use both together in a campaign if you wish. 32 pages.

New Add-ons and Rewards

NPC/Creature Deck
For quick reference and easy play at the table, nothing beats the utility of a printed NPC or monster card.

The basic add-on will be 42 cards in the "Creature and Wizard" size: 3.5 x 5". These will be printed on quality UV-gloss coated stock for maximum compatibility with dry-erase markers.

There is not a unique card deck per adventure: there's a single deck that draws from the selection of creatures that come with the adventures, including the solo adventure.

The "deck" will also be available in PDF format.

Token Sheets
Each adventure has creatures and NPCs to fight, negotiate with, or charm. While print-your-own tokens are on the last page in each adventure, this add-on gets you a COLOR version of that page, either in PDF or die-cut 1.6mm glossy cardboard.

Each sheet contains 42 1" square tokens depicting the creatures and characters from the adventure. There is a separate sheet for each adventure.

New Reward Levels

All the Digital Things! ($50)

This pledge level includes a PDF of all the rewards offered in the campaign in digital format.

• PDFs of all five Perilous Journeys: Four 16-page GM'd adventures, and a 32-page solitaire from a successful stretch goal.
  • Color PDFs of the token sheets that come with the adventure, supporting those with print-it-yourself aspirations with quality color inkjet or laser printers
  • Color PDFs of all the NPC/Monster cards, with a hyperlinked table of contents for quick reference
These are discounted as a bundle from their price as individual add-ons (see below for item pricing).

Bring Me The Things. All of Them. ($110)

This is the place for those that must loot and pillage. This pledge level includes a PDF of all the rewards offered in the campaign in physical AND digital format.

• Print and PDF copies of all PDFs of all five Perilous Journeys: Four 16-page GM'd adventures, and a 32-page solitaire from a successful stretch goal.
  • Printed die-cut token sheets, in color, of all the tokens that come with each adventure. These are printed on 1.6mm gloss-laminated stock
  • Color PDFs of the token sheets that come with the adventure, supporting those with print-it-yourself aspirations with quality color inkjet or laser printers.
  • UV-gloss laminated NPC and Monster cards. A minimum of 42 cards will be provided.
  • Color PDFs of the NPC/Monster cards, with a hyperlinked table of contents for quick reference

These are discounted as a bundle from their price as individual add-ons (see below for item pricing).

There are, of course, other reward levels for those who just want the adventures in PDF or Print format without the (super-cool, really) extras. There is also a retailer level for those wanting multiple copies to sell in your store!

Take the Journey: Four FIVE! Perilous Journeys ends in a week!

And... On the 30th there was an update that they had received the softcover and other items from the printer and had started getting orders together to ship.

BUT... The hardcover hadn't come in yet, so people like me who had a HC in our pledge just need to hurry up and wait.

Still, good to see it moving along. Still no links to PDFs yet. Unless I've missed something.

I backed for the PDF and haven't seen any links yet either. Still, compared to many other Kickstarters, this one seems to be staying on track pretty well, so I am not worried.

I always laugh if they project less than four months for delivery. I’m not sure why so many people wanna be super optimistic :tongue:

Six Hours Left!
There's only six hours to go in the Kickstarter campaign for new adventures for The Fantasy Trip: "Four Perilous Journeys."
During the campaign, thanks to backer encouragement and response a FIFTH adventure got added to the rewards, a 32-page solitaire adventure by David Pulver. Additionally, complimenting the Decks of Destiny campaign so successfully concluded, a deck of 42 NPC/Creature cards as well as counter sheets were added as well.

The highest reward level, "Bring Me the Things. All of them." contains nearly $200 in PDF and physical rewards for $110.

Jump on board, and finish the journey with us! Four Perilous Journeys . . . ending at 10pm CST.

Perilous-Journeys-Splash-Page-5-Journeys.png

Pirate-King-Cover-Template-1.png

Sample-Curse-Page.png

Counter-Fronts.jpg

The campaign for Four Perilous Journeys ends in six hours! Jump on board, and set your course for adventure!

ONE more new backer and we break the record for GB Kickstarters set by Citadel at Nordvorn!

Hah! As much as laughing hurts right now (bad sore throat), you got me.

On a serious note, my six prior kickstarters were either on time or months early because I never launch until the majority of the writing is done. I have no intent to start being late now!
I honestly there were more like you. Also wish I had the money to support, but meh, we need more people with smart business sense like this.

PDF links were sent to backers last night. Steve Crompton has been given access to Rick Loomis' computer while Rick is in hospital.

The book looks good, not seamlessly edited but on the other hand they didn't just lump the new material at the back. A few typos in evidence, however, including one of the new chapter headings.

Overall the PDF is awesome. Most satisfactory. A few hiccups, as BigJackBrass pointed out. Can't wait to get my hands on the softcover.

Yeah, waiting on the print version. To me, PDFs are good for preview or if I need to selectively print off a couple of pages, not not my preferred method of reading or reference.

The paperback will unfortunately share the mistakes present in this version of the PDF as it's already been produced, but Steve Crompton has stated that the hardback will be corrected before printing, so there's still time to report any errors to FBI.

The paperback will unfortunately share the mistakes present in this version of the PDF as it's already been produced, but Steve Crompton has stated that the hardback will be corrected before printing, so there's still time to report any errors to FBI.

As long as none of the typos affect playability, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back