Kickstarter projects for 2020

DanDare2050

OSR Geek
Reaction score
If you are running a Kickstarter, or know of one you can't find in here, add a post about it and link to the project. Try to make sure the project is not already included in here.

Include the project end date and dollar goal.

DanDare2050

OSR Geek
Reaction score
I'll start off:

All Us Gamers RPG Core Module : On Aptitude - Target Date Tue, February 11 2020 7:47 AM AEST. Goal AU $800.

The Inner Core Rules for All Us Gamers RPG are available as a free, downloadable pdf at DriveThruRPG. Its central mechanics is The Dice Engine, which takes character "aptitude" and task difficulty to define dice roll targets and dice pool size. The results will be in a range from Disaster to Incredible Success.

The On Aptitude module provides a more in depth way to define your character so that your characters aptitudes for an action can plug straight into The Dice Engine.

Simon Hogwood

Puritan Bearbearian
Reaction score

CRKrueger

Legendary Member
Reaction score

Vile

Reaction score
I wasn't planning to sign up to any more Kickstarters this year, but The Elephant & Macaw Banner caught my eye. The setting sold me already - 16th Century fantasy Brazil - but the skill-based system also looks interesting. There's a pay-what-you-want Player's Guide up on DTRPG which gives a lot of details.

dbm

G-Man
Reaction score
Ptolus Kickstarter now up. If you want PDF you can get both flavours for $40...

It looks to me like a re-tooling if the 3e version, as opposed to a re-write, at least until they get into stretch goals...

OHT

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Far too expensive for me. Pretty much got all that I can use at this point anyway.

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Reaction score

It looks to me like a re-tooling if the 3e version, as opposed to a re-write, at least until they get into stretch goals...
If you are going to use it right away I have no doubt you would get $40 of value out of it but I suspect for me I wouldn't be able to get to it for a few years and by then it will go on sale somewhere

Atelerix

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Monolith are going to have another crack at their Conqueror expansion for the Conan game. No skirmish-game head to head game this time, by the look of things, just more scenarios, maps and minis. Before the end of Feb 2020, I believe, which is a pretty fast turnaround - the previous version only failed at the start of the month!

They'll be using this one to shift the last copies of the King pledge from the 2015 KS. You are going to get an absolute shit-ton of minis for your money, a whole minis gaming hobby in a box (ok, three boxes).

Most of the figures are very nicely detailed, take paint well and look lovely painted.

Last edited:

SavAce

Reaction score
A Visitor's Guide to the Rainy City: ($500 Goal, Ends on March 2nd)

This is a system-agnostic setting guide 'zine being Kickstarted as part of "'Zine Quest 2". Some friends of mine are running this, based on a setting my friend Rich created, I guess a decade or so back now. I remember him brainstorming on it for a BESM 2nd ed. game we never ran, but then we finally played in the setting using "Rules Cyclopedia" D&D, then a later campaign using The Fantasy Trip. The setting has also been run under other game systems, such as Castle Falkenstein, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, D&D 5e, and a system of his own design, each of which have shaped the flavor of things.

The idea: The Rainy City was once the home of a great college of magic, but in a previous age... something happened. Something was taken too far. And now it is the end of the world, all worlds lost to a great flood and every year refugees from these lost worlds wash up on the shores of the Rainy City, where the rains never stop. The Kickstarter can pitch the vibe of the place much better than me, but the guide details the various neighborhoods, characters, gangs, guilds and wizards of the many neighborhoods of the city, with hooks and ideas, etc. My friend Andrew has developed some nice fantasy cartography skills over the last few years and provides maps for the city and each neighborhood. Another friend, Bill, has developed a woodcut art style to evoke the era of the setting and has quite a few pieces pictured on the KS page you can check out.

RainyCityKnives.jpg

dbm

G-Man
Reaction score
It would be easier to tell if they were clear about which 3e PDFs you get for that pledge level...

(Now added to the FAQ!)

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
Not sure why a zine needs a KS though
Yeah, it seems to be a kind of advance promo, I’m not backing any of the ZineQuests but now I’ll probably pick up a number I’ve discovered via KS.

3rik

invidus es nostris quoniam tu talia nescis
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems to be a kind of advance promo, I’m not backing any of the ZineQuests but now I’ll probably pick up a number I’ve discovered via KS.
I'm backing the Rainy City one and What Happened at Wyvern Rock. They seem fun and it's inexpensive for just the pdf.

SavAce

Reaction score
Not sure why a zine needs a KS though
Yeah, as far as when I imagine zines, I imagine crudely assembled ironic-collage snarky punk rock zines put together on the cheap. But, seeing as Kickstarter has this "Zine Quest II" thing going all month, it's a decent way to possibly make connections and maybe get a bit more visibility out of the fact people are checking it all out as an event. Also, a pretty low stakes way to try out running a Kickstarter, doing a project from start to finish, which may give some of the people involved experience and more confidence if/when they ever decide to launch a larger, full-blown thing.

Simon Hogwood

Puritan Bearbearian
Reaction score
I'm backing the Rainy City one and What Happened at Wyvern Rock. They seem fun and it's inexpensive for just the pdf.
I picked up the first What Happened at Wyvern Rock last year, and grabbing this year's was a no-brainer. Excellent fusion of D&Disms and X-Files style UFO conspiracy lore. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the take on the Reptilians.

CRKrueger

Legendary Member
Reaction score

Ptolus Kickstarter had a quote about the original Ptolus from therpgsite. That lasted about a day. :grin:

Necrozius

Legendary Member
Reaction score
AH so that's why there are so many god-damned "Zines" flooding the TTRPG category on Kickstarter.

Every single Zine I've looked at cost crazy prices to get printed and sent to me here in Canada. I could just print them out myself but all of the "Zines" I've got so far I've read once and shelved.

They're fun, but they're pretty disposable (to me, anyway).

Skywalker

Legendary Member
Reaction score
The Spotify playlist for this, in the 1st update, is stellar too.

Bunch

Prince of Insufficient Light.
Reaction score
I was thinking if doing a message board if other boards threads.

Savage Schemer

Reaction score
The one I'm looking forward to is the Dolmenwood Campaign book from Necrotic Gnome. I way over-spent on KS projects the last couple of years, so I'm going to make every attempt to behave myself and just limit myself to that one. But heaven knows I'm a weak-willed spirit and some project I know nothing about right now is bound to catch my eye sooner or later.

3rik

invidus es nostris quoniam tu talia nescis
Reaction score
After the recent Q&A for The GMShoe, I'm thinking of canceling my pledge for the Rainy City Zine.

The one I'm looking forward to is the Dolmenwood Campaign book from Necrotic Gnome. I way over-spent on KS projects the last couple of years, so I'm going to make every attempt to behave myself and just limit myself to that one. But heaven knows I'm a weak-willed spirit and some project I know nothing about right now is bound to catch my eye sooner or later.
I was interested in the Dolmenwood book, but since the announcement that it's going to be split up into two books I am having second thoughts.

David Johansen

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about kickstarting a couple of my games this year. It seems to be the way to do small projects these days. I'm crazy paranoid about not completing a project so I probably wouldn't do it until I had something actually finished. I wish you could just set up a little web store and plug along that way, but kickstarter, with its one time front loaded pre-order seems to be the way to go these days.