Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
...BUt I'm gonna be on the lookout for that Gotham City: Under Siege game. That looks totally boss.

Its really cool and cheap (USD30 from Amazon). It a cooperative game that plays in about an hour (though expect your first play to take longer). Each character has quite a different set of abilities, so you really feel like you are playing one of the 5 characters.

There has also been a mini expansion released called Masterminds and Mayhem (USD15 from Amazon also) that livens up the villains quite a bit for great effect. I highly recommend it.

Goddamn it. I promised myself I wouldn't back another big kickstarter...

Batman: the Animated Series is my absolute favourite incarnation of the hero, Gotham City and many of the villains.

I'm going to die poor. Probably under a mountain of collapsed board games.

Tristram, why do you wish so much harm on our bank accounts?

Love that they went with the Season 1-3 aesthetic. Not the World's Finest/Season 4 look.

Overall, it's a pretty decent price I'm really glad they went simple with the pledges. Base game + stretch goals or one overall "All in pledge"

first two stretch goals down already - three alternate goon sculpts and Montoya as a playable Hero, with Bullock soon to follow.

I'd really like to see a Gargoyles game done in this style, or at the very least, a JLA/Superman Adventures follow-up

Is there a way to put a thread on ignore? Or all posts containing the word “kickstarter”?

giphy.gif

It's the same company that did that one, as well as the Ninja Turtles game which uses the same system as this one - they are in fact compatible, so you can team up Ninja Turtles characters with Batman heroes/villains

The Ninja Turtles game is great. Me and my kid have been playing it. It sold me on the system for this. I'll be backing it.

Goddamn it. I promised myself I wouldn't back another big kickstarter...

Batman: the Animated Series is my absolute favourite incarnation of the hero, Gotham City and many of the villains.

I'm going to die poor. Probably under a mountain of collapsed board games.

If it helps, my kid and I think the game system is great. And while TMNT is mostly just brawls (albeit with creative terrain and set-ups), they said Batman is more of a "pressure cooker", with threats (like bombs) to deal with, while trying to rescue people and fend off the bad guys.

I always balk at the prices of these minis games because I think about how many times I’ll actually play them. This one though is one of them that gives me second thoughts. Would love to see a Batman Beyond game.

Thanks to my kid developing a hardcore fascination with board games, they have become a pretty safe investment for me, even at the price (thankfully!).

It does cause me to spend less on RPG stuff right now, though, for the same reason (we barely game due to adult stuff, but me and my kid play at least a board game a day, unless something major is going on)...and he's punching way above his age on board game rules.

This Borrowers inspired zine looks cool.

Not sure why a zine needs a KS though

Yeah, it seems to be a kind of advance promo, I’m not backing any of the ZineQuests but now I’ll probably pick up a number I’ve discovered via KS.

And while TMNT is mostly just brawls (albeit with creative terrain and set-ups), they said Batman is more of a "pressure cooker", with threats (like bombs) to deal with, while trying to rescue people and fend off the bad guys.

I do hope they go for more scenario style play than just skirmishes, as skirmish games don't tend to last long at my table.

Ah man, I've backed the TMNT game, and it is pretty massive. But I also backed the Monolith Batman: Gotham City Chronicles miniatures game...which I vastly prefer the aesthetic to (plus the minis for Monolith kill IDW in quality and design).

But the Monolith game is so complicated, and I feel I would be able to get this new one to the table more often...arg. I'm really annoyed that there are two games that are so similar.

I always balk at the prices of these minis games because I think about how many times I’ll actually play them. This one though is one of them that gives me second thoughts. Would love to see a Batman Beyond game.
Monoliths Batman: Gotham City Chronicles has a Batman Beyond expansion coming soon (based more on the Comic series0. But if this Animated series game gets a Batman Beyond add-on, that might put me over the edge to get it anyway.

yeah, if I'd backed the Monolith one I probably wouldn't be doing this one, but I like the aesthetics of TAS way more

I do hope they go for more scenario style play than just skirmishes, as skirmish games don't tend to last long at my table.
To be a bit more accurate, TMNT is skirmish scenarios, with a little campaign book to guide you through. Some of the scenarios in TMNT are pretty interesting. But there is no exploration or anything like that.

To be a bit more accurate, TMNT is skirmish scenarios, with a little campaign book to guide you through. Some of the scenarios in TMNT are pretty interesting. But there is no exploration or anything like that.

What he said.

I find the TMNT campaigns to be very interesting. I love how success or failure merely somewhat changes up the next scenario accordingly, and isn't just the end (until you reach the end of the campaign, of course).

And I thought the co-operative AI was decent enough until we did a scenario where the Turtles train with Splinter (who is AI controlled)...and that was such a wicked and fun fight, even though it was in an empty square room with no places to run around and no terrain to mess with.

We've played something like a third of the scenarios contained in all the TMNT boxes and it's been great.

After I finish all the TMNT and BTAS scenarios, I'm totally just going to make them all team up.

If I enjoy the game, I'll probably be making rules to add in all my Hellboy characters from last year's big Kickstarter.

I hope they expand the TMNT game more - I'd dearly love a Wignut and Screwloose mini

If I enjoy the game, I'll probably be making rules to add in all my Hellboy characters from last year's big Kickstarter.

I hope they expand the TMNT game more - I'd dearly love a Wignut and Screwloose mini

Mutanimals are coming to retail later this year. And supposedly the Krang War to Kickstarter sometime later.

The TMNT game is based about 99% off the IDW comics (the exception being stuff like the Stan Sakai TMNT pack) and while Wingnut and Screwloose are in the comic, it doesn't look like they've had a very large role, so it's probably not too likely.

The TMNT game is based about 99% off the IDW comics (the exception being stuff like the Stan Sakai TMNT pack) and while Wingnut and Screwloose are in the comic, it doesn't look like they've had a very large role, so it's probably not too likely.

I know, but he was my favourite toy besides Mutagen Man

Yeah, it seems to be a kind of advance promo, I’m not backing any of the ZineQuests but now I’ll probably pick up a number I’ve discovered via KS.
I'm backing the Rainy City one and What Happened at Wyvern Rock. They seem fun and it's inexpensive for just the pdf.

Not sure why a zine needs a KS though
Yeah, as far as when I imagine zines, I imagine crudely assembled ironic-collage snarky punk rock zines put together on the cheap. But, seeing as Kickstarter has this "Zine Quest II" thing going all month, it's a decent way to possibly make connections and maybe get a bit more visibility out of the fact people are checking it all out as an event. Also, a pretty low stakes way to try out running a Kickstarter, doing a project from start to finish, which may give some of the people involved experience and more confidence if/when they ever decide to launch a larger, full-blown thing.

I'm backing the Rainy City one and What Happened at Wyvern Rock. They seem fun and it's inexpensive for just the pdf.
I picked up the first What Happened at Wyvern Rock last year, and grabbing this year's was a no-brainer. Excellent fusion of D&Disms and X-Files style UFO conspiracy lore. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the take on the Reptilians.

Ptolus Kickstarter now up. If you want PDF you can get both flavours for $40...

It looks to me like a re-tooling if the 3e version, as opposed to a re-write, at least until they get into stretch goals...
Ptolus Kickstarter had a quote about the original Ptolus from therpgsite. That lasted about a day. :grin:

AH so that's why there are so many god-damned "Zines" flooding the TTRPG category on Kickstarter.

Every single Zine I've looked at cost crazy prices to get printed and sent to me here in Canada. I could just print them out myself but all of the "Zines" I've got so far I've read once and shelved.

They're fun, but they're pretty disposable (to me, anyway).

I wish they offered a minis only option. I'm not really interested in the game, but would love to have the minis.

yay Gray Ghost!

View attachment 15862

One of my favourite episodes

TAS is by far my favorite of all the Batman franchises and in this particular episode the writers show a remarkable amount of class, both in recognizing the early cloaked crusaders and in particular in writing this episode specifically for Adam West.

Candice from the Bane episode is next! She was a very interesting character. I wonder will Rupert Thorne show up?

TAS is by far my favorite of all the Batman franchises and in this particular episode the writers show a remarkable amount of class, both in recognizing the early cloaked crusaders and in particular in writing this episode specifically for Adam West.

it was an amazing episode - i just rewatched it last night out of nostalgia. incredibly layered. You have the Adam West connection, with the very real struggle he went through being typecast. you have the callback to the pulp heroes that originally inspired Batman's creation, especially The Shadow. It adds to/fleshes out Batman's origin without being obtrusive. There is some fantastic character moments with Bruce. Even the detail of having the Grey Ghost car be based on the original Golden Age design of the Batmobile.

Interesting - so Zatanna is our first step into the wider DCU. Can't complaign - wonder if that means an Etrigan might be on the way?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back