Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Two and a half hours to go until the end of the More Perilous Journeys campaign.

Four raises for the authors so far. Hopefully more to go.

More Perilous Journeys. Ending at 10pm Central tonight.

Wanderer Gamebook+ is currently KILLING IT ON KICKSTARTER! We hit our funding goal in 2-1/2 hours, and doubled it within the first day. This title is both a gamebook in the style of Lone Wolf and Fighting Fantasy, as well as a solo RPG. It features random generators and design essays to help you turn your solo adventures into gamebooks to trade, share and remix with friends. Come check it out!

I've got a lot of time for The Black Hack so I backed this yesterday while I was wavering over whether to back Dancing Bullets Under A Neon Sun (a stylishly packaged cyberpunk game using The Black Hack as it's base). I also, in part, backed the itch.io gaming bundle because it had The Cat Hack. It's been a good weekend on The Black Hack front!

Anyway, anything I do with The Black Hack is going to get modified by me but this sounds like an extremely useful tool in my toolkit.

Wanderer Gamebook+ is currently KILLING IT ON KICKSTARTER! We hit our funding goal in 2-1/2 hours, and doubled it within the first day. This title is both a gamebook in the style of Lone Wolf and Fighting Fantasy, as well as a solo RPG. It features random generators and design essays to help you turn your solo adventures into gamebooks to trade, share and remix with friends. Come check it out!
I like your approach and am going to join as soon as I get to my own computer:smile:.

Final call for The Black Hack Classic Monsters Kickstarter. There's less than 24 hours to go and we've smashed through all the stretch goals! The book has increased from 32 to 40 pages and we've also added an extra booklet for recording your own monster creations (free for the top 2 tier reward backers and a low cost add-on for all backers).

The new GURPS Kickstarter is very interesting. $3 buy-in and as the total rises more and more PDFs get added. Phil Reed has used a similar model success on some of his own KS in the past.

Any one of the PDFs on offer is normally more than $3 by itself...

Last edited:
The new GURPS Kickstarter is very interesting. $3 buy-in and as the total rises more and more PDFs get added. Phil Reed has used a similar model success on some of his own KS in the past.

Any one of the PDFs on offer is normally more than $3 by itself...
The $99 is such a great deal. All the .pdfs unlocked + $125 of GURPS .pdfs of your choice.

4 days left for Rafael Chandler's Metallic Tome. You can see a preview at DriveThruRPG.

f396329d18968e155243ba492b57aa70_original.png

EN Publishing has taken my column from EN World and wrangled nearly 100 entries into a single tome with new illustrations, extra characters, and more than 30 magic items drawn from legend! The first week has been a rocket ride and as of this writing the project has gathered over $80,000 from more than 1,200 backers so give these spreads a look and then skim the KS page to see if it's right for your group too. ^_^

Also like other EN Publishing Kickstarters the rewards for Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters are delivered immediately after the funds are received, and each stretch goal unlocked (6 so far) grants every project backer instant access to EN5ider: Villain Spotlight articles!

d12205bf178f4f51246a3b98825d5b2a_original.png

1594033185056.png

1594033195557.png

1594033202530.png

1594033208428.png

Jerry Grayson's Terra Oblivion setting supplement for Mythic D6 is into its last few days. Anyone backing it gets the PDF immediately since it's virtually complete and delivery estimates are encouragingly soon, subject to the pandemic-related uncertainty we've grown used to. Jerry has a very good track record with his Kickstarters.

Some lovely art in this one and it's nice to see something that isn't dark and grim and awful for a change.

37bbb0bb16d6e2e578cdebd8ca7cf1a4_original.jpg

Wow, I backed the KS for Folk Magic of the Haven Isles (quirky magic book for The Midderlands setting) about 2 or 3 weeks ago and the books are already printed, in the hands of the creators, and should be sent out in the next week! That's the fastest turnaround of any Kickstarter I've backed, by some margin too, and I've backed quite a lot.

Steve Jackson Games just gave further details of upcoming Kickstarters for The Fantasy Trip, as well as first announcements of some new upcoming projects:

This game is seriously developing into a 'golden age' sort of product line; like the 1977-1980 run of 1E AD+D or first-run Runequest and other early 80's Chaosium games. They have put so much work into this over the last ~2 years and made so many great choices, and if you are keeping up with the whole product line the end result is a phenomenal gaming experience. There is late-70's era sort of 'first take' freshness to the core rules (for the good reason that they are mostly lightly edited versions of the original edition), but they've added a bunch of table-top physical components that are sort of like your own personal several-hundred-piece set of Dwarven Forge, they are zeroing in on having 20+ modules in print with a scope and range a bit like the 1E AD+D modules (though they still need one or two proper mega dungeons...), and as they have started to add print supplements the focus remains tightly on materials you use at the table. I can't recommend it enough.

Not quite out yet....but getting darn close...figured the thread had 'hype' in it, so why not. I'm hoping by the end of July/beginning August for the Kickstarter to help with commissioned art costs. Just waiting on a few small things first. But Prince of Nothing and I worked on Red Prophet Rises together a few years ago, and now we have teamed up again to present a new adventure, The Palace of Unquiet Repose. It's set in Prince's Age of Dusk setting. Chris Cold did the cover (a wrap-around, but this is just the front) and I think he does amazing work. He really captured the vibe of the adventure as a whole.
Coverhype.jpg
I'm sure I'll pop on the 2020 Kickstarter thread when we finally launch, but it's getting super close!

But Prince of Nothing and I worked on Red Prophet Rises together a few years ago,
Red Prophet Rises is one of my favorite adventures. Count me in for the Kickstarter and please update us when it launches.

Wow, I backed the KS for Folk Magic of the Haven Isles (quirky magic book for The Midderlands setting) about 2 or 3 weeks ago and the books are already printed, in the hands of the creators, and should be sent out in the next week!

As it happens, I received my hardback copy of the book in yesterday's post! That's an exceptional turnaround time. Obviously it must have been at a very advanced stage before the KS even began. I haven't had chance to read it but it's a very pretty book and the magic user classes look quirky and lots of fun. I really can't recommend Glynn Seal and the MonkeyBlood Design crew enough.

Looks like a really fun book. Checking out the Kickstart right now...

YOU are the legend!

Meanwhile I'm kind of losing my grip on reality over here. The project has picked up over $100,000 now and watching its inexorable climb has broken me utterly—I am now solely a witness, fated to observe it as it eclipses and consumes all other things in my life.

Jiangshi by Banana Chan is a rpg/boardgame hybrid similar to the recent Fiasco re-release that combines narrative play with card-based play for a game about a family in a 1920s Chinatown restaurant who must tangle with Hopping Vampires.

Chan has made a number of fine LARP games in the past and the art and assets look cool here.

I backed this but haven't run DCC since receiving it. I enjoyed reading it though and will definitely use it next time I do run DCC. It's a nice toolkit for making clerics more interesting and developing the religions in a setting.

That's quite an impressive list from a large variety of sources!

It's not really for me, because I have no idea how I'd use it, but I can see why this will be a huge hit.

That's quite an impressive list from a large variety of sources!

It's not really for me, because I have no idea how I'd use it, but I can see why this will be a huge hit.
I occasionally slip a (sometimes re-skinned) monster statblock into my game from out of here, and have used some as NPCs or pregenerated characters for one shots.

Eventually it will be a pivotal resource for a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen one shot. ;)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back