Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Any particular reason for that?
Well, on the RPGnet front they’ve worked with some people they don’t like, and dug their heels in when called out.

On the FAN front, they banned some people from their forums in a really heavy handed and shitty way, leading to the “Echoes of the Multiverse” forum being created in protest, and then they eliminated their forums entirely, and deleted the archive.

Well, on the RPGnet front they’ve worked with some people they don’t like, and dug their heels in when called out.

On the FAN front, they banned some people from their forums in a really heavy handed and shitty way, leading to the “Echoes of the Multiverse” forum being created in protest, and then they eliminated their forums entirely, and deleted the archive.
Deleting the archive was really the final blow. Hundreds and hundreds of Heroes and Villians created by the community were flushed down the toilet. A real shitty move. I think users managed to grab a lot of it before the purge.

Deleting the archive was really the final blow. Hundreds and hundreds of Heroes and Villians created by the community were flushed down the toilet. A real shitty move. I think users managed to grab a lot of it before the purge.
I got RPGnet to create a “creative” forum with a snarky comment about the time the bans happened, but it didn’t last long. People didn’t use it enough to make it worth it, I guess.

Wow. Scorched earth, much?

Do you like Advanced Fighting Fantasy? Same basic rules. Character creation is super quick. Do you like off the wall weird? There's a mix of things, like a Jack Vance post-post-post-apocalypse but not super dark, more strange.

You can get a plain text version of the rules here.
Piggybacking on this, Troika! is fast and easy, weird and whimsical. As Stan Stan said, it is basically Advanced Fighting Fantasy with some tweaks. Changes include a different advancement system, and a new and abstracted (in a cool way IMO) encumbrance system.

There is a lot of reliance on randomness in chargen and the rules, so if that sort of thing turns you off, you may take issue with it here. The limited scope of advancement has led many to say that Troika! isn't suitable for "campaign" play. I've yet to test that theory, but every time I've gotten it to the table so far, it's been great fun.

And there is a metric TON of free and low-cost material for it.

Aside from that, the Numinous Edition is a charming book that is well-made, and is a joy to read.

By all standards, I really shouldn't like Troika!, but damn it, I do.

And, not that anybody asked, but I used this free adventure, House Party, as a follow-up to the adventure in the book, because
my group wanted to go to the party hinted at in the adventure's conclusion

From what I can tell, it's available in both a modified version of the original rules and 5e.

From what I can tell, it's available in both a modified version of the original rules and 5e.
Yeah I just read that it's offering both, the original mechanics were ok but I think Ubiquity served it better over all. On the 5e part, I'm just tired of everything being ported to 5e. Though you can't blame developers from trying to make a buck and 5e is the potential money making hand over fist elephant in the room.

The problem is that tons of people already have the main books. I, for one, want the Supernatural Handbook. I don’t need another copy of the core, or Gadget Guides…

This. I'm a fan of M&M, I back plenty of Kickstarters, but there no game books on offer in this one that I didn't already have. I don't love the system or the company enough to make what would amount to a charitable donation.

The Kickstarter for the Exalted Third Edition Sidereals book started yesterday.

It made its target in, like, a half hour, but it might be worth getting in on it for some martial arts stretch goals.

I’m very excited for the new Dicey Tales based on the Barbarians of Lemuria engine. I have their older supplements for BoL Legendary Edition and am excited for this product which will be a fully fledged pulp ruleset based on BoL.

I’m very excited for the new Dicey Tales based on the Barbarians of Lemuria engine. I have their older supplements for BoL Legendary Edition and am excited for this product which will be a fully fledged pulp ruleset based on BoL.

I'm looking forward to this one as well

I'm in for a hardcover. Is the eventual page count mentioned anywhere that I missed?

I don’t see a page count listed, hopefully they will give us an idea soon.

I'm excited for this, too. I have the originals and I'm glad this is finally here. I told myself no more Kickstarters. But I am weak.

Thank you sharps54,
I came looking for a spot to announce our KS and see you have it all well in hand. Thanks again!
Jeff

These beautiful physical (and digital) books include an incredible collection of intricate puzzles, traps and more for DM’s to secure the greatest treasures, deepest knowledge & darkest secrets for all time!

f22b9dc5-87c5-4c75-94c0-0d148d926dc0-jpeg.269370

LOCKED LAIRS is compatible with all TTRPG's (not just 5e ).

Great powers and dark secrets require protection. Those that possess such treasures rarely display them aloft or keep them to hand, such exceptional items are hidden from sight, concealed with deception, bridged by acts of great skill or locked behind feats of intellect & knowledge... or at least they should be!

These devious puzzles have been inspired by pure fantasy, real-world lore and cognitive paradoxes! All brought together, expertly designed and beautifully illustrated by none other than the industry leading riddle master himself ‘Rye Alboa’.

886e99ed-f18c-4ac2-8c03-cfaf1d8874ce-png.269371

This amazing campaign runs through December to Thursday the 26th of January 2023. We hope you'll share the word with your friends, animal companions, familiars and more!

Inside the Locked Lairs: And The Puzzles That Keep Them! you will find:
  • A base of 50+ Puzzles (because of our amazing Stretch Goals and yes - including the answers!) and many more as added as we go!
  • Amazing maps, diagrams, artwork, clear breakdown and descriptive texts available at a moments notice.
  • 100+ pages (again because of our amazing Stretch Goals);
  • At least 3 difficulty levels; and
  • Player Hints (wherever relevant for the later levels)
All indexed by:
  • Difficulty
  • Type
  • and much much more!
e27cd5a7-ed66-48bf-977b-71c216613e7f-jpeg.269375
For a taste of what you'll find inside, check out our first three amazing example puzzles:
4a3de154-72d1-4a8f-8459-034323c1b29e-jpeg.269372
30a88e1b-dc28-41f9-96ef-148a84a7b650-jpeg.269373
693283ae-7ac6-4b79-9ada-03329d5786a6-jpeg.269374

All shared and linked on our Kickstarter page!

It would be great if you could join us on this journey. Cheers ~Rye.

Check us out here: http://kck.st/3gHbzh0

R RyeAlboa Just an FYI. When I read Kickstarter pledge levels like yours, I am turned off. If you are interested in feedback, that is. You've got nine pledge levels (if you count the early bird that's closed now and if I counted correctly. lol) and they feel unnecessarily busy and confusing.

I say this as someone who just tends to go "All In" on Kickstarters or "All the New" for developers who I've backed before. So make a clear pledge level which a all the stuff, that's clearly laid out. The rest of the Kickstarter page also feels rather busy as well. Also don't charge extra for pdfs if they go all in for you.

I know the company listed for this Kickstarter isn't new to doing them, this looks like the ninth that they've done. Doesn't mean that they can't learn something or improve. Who knows, I just know that I spend around $10k on gaming every year (the last two years) and a big junk of that has gone into Kickstarter. So I know what I appreciate and what I don't and why. Anyhow, good luck on the Kickstarter, seems to be going well so far.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back