Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Looks like there will be a Kickstarter to do a reprint of BESM 2e

Edit: Link doesn't seem to work when I paste it in here. So here is the URL.
Code:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dyskami/besm-retro-second-edition-rpg-plus-besm-4e-expansions
Did you paste the link inside of the media tags?

Yes. I was getting a broken link with a message saying that it couldn't connect to Kickstarter or something like that.
That's to do with the site- not the post. Sometimes, because there are so many links on a page, Kickstarter will limit the rate of queries and basically break the links on the page. It goes away after a while.

That's to do with the site- not the post. Sometimes, because there are so many links on a page, Kickstarter will limit the rate of queries and basically break the links on the page. It goes away after a while.
Huh. Maybe it’d be better if pages weren’t 40 posts long :tongue:

Is this a boardgame or TTRPG?
Boardgame
though they are putting out an RPG that uses the boardgame materials. also, the minis are very good and I've used them a lot. I ahve some noodling of a 13th age game, and I expect to use those for it (like.. i have like 20 skeletons from this, I should be making those mooks and they look good).

though they are putting out an RPG that uses the boardgame materials. also, the minis are very good and I've used them a lot. I ahve some noodling of a 13th age game, and I expect to use those for it (like.. i have like 20 skeletons from this, I should be making those mooks and they look good).
Sounds sweet! I may take a closer look at it if the mins are good.

The Meatheads pre-launch page is up for following:

What the !*%$ is Meatheads, you may ask?
Linked by Chainmail, tempered by OD&D and hammered with inspiration from Whitehack, Wolves Upon the Coast, and Troika! Meatheads is a dungeon crawler through and through - all buff, no fluff.

Fans of Conan the Barbarian, Masters of the Universe, Hercules, Bodybuilding and Wrestling will feel right at home.
With easy to read stats that can be converted for use in other old-school adjacent tabletop role-playing games, Meatheads can adventure into nearly any compatible old school adventure with a little hacking. Meatheads beats any system!
Yes, it's tongue-in-cheek. The ashcan edition read super well. Insta-back for me.

I'd expected more people would be posting about this. Is nobody here gonna be backing this one?

I'm not a fan of using D&D derivatives as the basis for superhero games. It sort-of worked with M&M, but every other case of it I've seen I disliked.

I'm not a fan of using D&D derivatives as the basis for superhero games. It sort-of worked with M&M, but every other case of it I've seen I disliked.
I got the OSR Vigilante City but haven't actually done anything with it. Deriving something from DCC must be quite different though. Might it not also make for something interestingly different from your run-of-the-mill supers game?

I'm not at all superhero savvy so I'd just assume that the supers genre actually is whatever the RPG I'd be using for it is doing and start from there. From what I've read of it, I really like Supers! RED.

Last edited:
so much better than the previous "official" Valiant game.
I actually dropped all my other supers games for the Valiant system. I don't prefer the crunch pervasive in most supers games.
Take it with a grain of salt, though. It's been a blue moon since I've played supers.

I actually dropped all my other supers games for the Valiant system. I don't prefer the crunch pervasive in most supers games.
Take it with a grain of salt, though. It's been a blue moon since I've played supers.
In fairness, M&M isn’t particularly crunchy. Its character creation is complicated, but once you’ve got the mechanics down it’s dead simple.

I used to run all my NPCs off the cuff. I just needed a few numbers.

In fairness, M&M isn’t particularly crunchy. Its character creation is complicated, but once you’ve got the mechanics down it’s dead simple.

I used to run all my NPCs off the cuff. I just needed a few numbers.
supers is my primary genre. Champions/ Hero is actually easier at the table than M&M. Character creation can get bad, if you let people push the system beyond reasonable levels. (GM's get what they deserve if they let the crazy applications into their game). Also there are less number of crunch pieces, just more numbers than m&m.

Hello Everyone!
My name is Szylu, and I would like to share our first RPG related Kickstarter campaign, as I think some of you might be interested in joining the journey to make this happen.
Feel free to contact me here or our team on Kickstarter!
Thank you for your time and see you around the table!
Check the KS campaign here: Cloak of Visibility

KS front 1.png

Loke Battle Mats always puts out quality and fun product. I personally have no need for a set of battle map books with plain terrain, however, so this time I'm only backing at $1 and going for the add-ons through pledgemanager later on. Still, if you like the idea and it's something you can use, it's worth backing.

Today for Zinequest 2024 starts on Kickstarter Grim Harvest, an hybrid dungeoncrawler boardgame/ttrpg for 1-5 players, set in a gloomy world on the brink of disaster, inspired by Darkest Dungeon.

Follow before the end of the world!

Cover campagna 2.png

Hi, everyone! Recently we launched our new 5e adventure campaign on Kickstarter and we would love to get a feedback from you guys :smile:

The adventure is called "Ages of Aether: Eye of the Storm" - it's a Dark Fantasy RPG.

What is it about:

You'll get on a journey to the mystical island of Talaithe as a courier and get involved in an ancient feud between gods. You'll solve mysteries, face challenges and ask yourself: is the risk worth the reward in delivering this enigmatic package?

What the campaign includes:
  • 50+ STL models and terrain
  • A 50-page illustrated adventure with 5 endings
  • 4 locations, 7 artifacts and 9 monster statblocks
  • Tokens for playing with your friends in tabletop simulators
You can check out our adventure right now - download an adventure demo and a miniature set for free - click here to download.

Ages of Aether: Eye of the Storm on Kickstarter -

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
I like the game, but cranking out a remastered version of Wardensaga so soon after the last one came out really rubs me the wrong way.
I don't own it yet. IF I decide to back it, would you recommend including the Bestiary as well?

I don't own it yet. IF I decide to back it, would you recommend including the Bestiary as well?

I don't have the bestiary myself, but I'd probably include it if backing the KS. The core book only has like a dozen creatures in it IIRC, though it's pretty trivial to convert from other OSRish systems.

Legends In The Mist is due to show up on Kickstarter pretty soon

'Rustic Fantasy'

Sounds pretty good to me, although I'm not sure if it adds anything that Beyond The Wall doesn't, except perhaps with a more narrative emphasis on its game mechanics

I look forward to finding out more pretty soon

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. Backed Storms over Strumburg! :smile:
I'm just posting stuff that is not 5E or Pathfinder and that catches my attention for some reason; it's a highly subjective selection and it's not all stuff that I'm backing myself. I'm not familiar with Streets of Peril, but this supplement looked pretty interesting.

Yes please, I would like more Mausritter goodness. :thumbsup:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back