Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Or you could just buy the novels by Bernard Cornwell. :thumbsup:

Owned and read (back when I was a player/ playtester for Mythic Britain).

They’re awesome, but despite the shared name, this campaign setting looks quite different.

Ah jeez, I've got Dragonbane on order, so this looks pretty cool... 'cozy gothic'...what is it with these projects at present, they all look great !!!
Thank you so much for your comment! We're in the middle of playtesting now and really having a blast, so I can't wait to show the finished thing to the backers! It's so nice to see the overall excitement around the adventure.

Mantic Games is kickstarting an Epic scale sci-fi tabletop game. It looks pretty sweet.

Sadly, the armies I'm most interested in are GCPS (just soldiers), Orx (green savages with guns), and Rebs (or even just Terratons, I want more Terratons).

Oh well, I'm still ridiculously broke and even their low level buyin is out of reach right now. Maybe I can make some money before the campaign ends or at least get in with a small donation and have some money for the pledge manager.

Sadly, the armies I'm most interested in are GCPS (just soldiers), Orx (green savages with guns), and Rebs (or even just Terratons, I want more Terratons).

Oh well, I'm still ridiculously broke and even their low level buyin is out of reach right now. Maybe I can make some money before the campaign ends or at least get in with a small donation and have some money for the pledge manager.
I thought about kicking in, then remembered I’m trying to ditch the rest of my wargame minis and promptly closed the site.

It's not so much a reboot as a sequel/side game. It takes place in the same universe but not the Third Horizon from the original game, and the themes are different. From what I've read, the makers drew inspiration from polar expeditions and deep-sea divers, and there's a heavy emphasis on exploring the unknown and ancient, long-lost civilizations. I'm sure there will be some rules tweaks to fit that.

It's not so much a reboot as a sequel/side game. It takes place in the same universe but not the Third Horizon from the original game, and the themes are different. From what I've read, the makers drew inspiration from polar expeditions and deep-sea divers, and there's a heavy emphasis on exploring the unknown and ancient, long-lost civilizations. I'm sure there will be some rules tweaks to fit that.
What were the themes of the original game?

Edit:
NM. Quick search delivered faith, tradition vs progress, mysticism, space horror and exploration.

Sounds like a much narrower scope for this release.

Last edited:
What were the themes of the original game?

Edit:
NM. Quick search delivered faith, tradition vs progress, mysticism, space horror and exploration.

Sounds like a much narrower scope for this release.

That could be a good thing. I know that the themes of the original didn't really hit me, so I passed on it. I'll give the new one a bit of time, and hopefully additional released info, and decide if I want to back it...

Yeah, it seems the new game will be much more strongly focused on exploration and unraveling the mysteries of the past. Likely there will be some space horror in there as well. From what I understand, the PCs will be part of a group of refugees fleeing some great war on one or more massive ships. They'll be traveling through unknown territory, so the focus is on exploring and ancient artifacts, as well as keeping the ship/fleet supplied with the resources necessary to keep going.

Sinless dropped on DTRPG a minute ago and the pdf is out to the backers.

Shadow over Gloomshire is a gothic horror adventure for Dragonbane.

We have entered the final stretch and the Kickstarter campaign ends tomorrow. If you haven't checked it out yet you can do so here:

Thank you for your support!

liwbBED.jpeg

4 Ontario and Quebec based publishers have crowdfunders which started in February 2024.

Solo Martial Blues (Radio James Games, James Kerr) Orillia, ON -- Ends March 3rd
https://crowdfundr.com/solo-martial-blues
This one breaks the mold by being diceless and on crowdfundr. A diceless grounded solo play RPG using the Fight to Survive engine (tweaked for solo play)

HOME (Deep Dark Games, Nick Gralewicz) Peterborough, ON -- Ends in 8 days (March 6th?)
https://www.kickstarter.com/.../home-mech-vs-kaiju...
GMless map-making story-game of Mech vs Kaiju

Nefertiti Overdrive 2.0 (Swords Edge Publishing, Fraser Ronald) – Ottawa, ON -- Ends in 15 days (March 13th)
https://www.kickstarter.com/.../nefertiti-overdrive-20
Kung Fu in Ancient Egypt. Revised.
Mechanics are similar to Cortex RPG, notably the Marvel Heroic iteration

Spark System Reference Guide (Genesis of Legend, Jason Pitre's) – Gatineau, QC -- Already finished . . .
https://www.kickstarter.com/.../spark-system-reference-guide
Spark is used in Spark, Sig: Manual of the Primes and After the War. The original core book is fully in creative commons.

**note: jkitz runs the Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace, and carries and fulfills for the above publishers.
This also means in this case at least, that he has played games with all of the above publishers and would be happy to talk more about them.

Hey all! I think this is allowed in this thread. I'd like to direct your attention to a colleague of mine's current fund raiser to get his supers game produced. It's called HEROIC by Andrew Collas/ZEG Media. It has its roots in the old FASERIP Marvel game, but with a style of its own. His Backerkit campaign goes live tomorrow so if you're interested in seeing a great supers RPG come to life, check it out!

Does anyone have volume 1 of this? I can't find a lot of reviews for it but I like what I've seen.

The Far Roofs, the latest RPG from Jenna Moran (of Nobilis, Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine and Glitch fame) has just opened its Kickstarter, about humans going on adventures with heroic rats across the magical rooftops above the world. They contend with the Mysteries, the horrifying monster-gods of the rats, which they simultaneously hunt, study, survive and worship. It's not diceless this time, it has a dice-pool based matching system!

I'm a hopeless fanboy, so I'm very excited for this, but it's worth a look for anyone - there's a slimmed-down $8 pledge level if you just want the basic rules. The feel of the art is very reminiscent of a lot of stories about heroic animals I read growing up - Redwall, Reepicheep from Narnia, and the Deptford Mice.

Last edited:
Hey all! I think this is allowed in this thread. I'd like to direct your attention to a colleague of mine's current fund raiser to get his supers game produced. It's called HEROIC by Andrew Collas/ZEG Media. It has its roots in the old FASERIP Marvel game, but with a style of its own. His Backerkit campaign goes live tomorrow so if you're interested in seeing a great supers RPG come to life, check it out!

This just reached 100% ($15k) on Backerkit in 72-ish hours! Congrats to Bear!

Divine Madness Press is proud to announce the Kickstarter campaign for Shadow Ops, a game of cinematic espionage action!

Enter a world of covert agents, conspiracies, paranoia…and brutal fist fights, chases across rooftops, and death-defying stunts! Shadow Ops takes the tropes of espionage role-playing and combines them with the violence and explosive action of modern action movies. Utilizing a simple core mechanic, combined with rules for emergent storytelling and easy mission prep, this game makes it easy to run stories of larger-than-life spies working for patriotism, cash, or just to survive another day on the run. Shadow Ops uses streamlined, traditional rules and a wealth of character options to incorporate all the tropes of movies and TV shows featuring impossible missions and constantly changing aliases.

Shadow Ops was written by Christopher Peter, author of Fight! 2nd Edition. Still drawing on traditional rules ideas and a strong focus on genre emulation over simulation, the core systems of Shadow Ops are designed to be easy to pick up and fast in play. Mission prep can be detailed in advance with lots of twists and turns or played out on the fly with just a few note prepared in advance. The core rule book has everything you need to make a huge variety of different agents and guidelines on how to set up a campaign true to the source material.

Check it out here!

Hey everyone,

Some of you might already know me as the creator of Modern Necessities for OSE and a bunch of other stuff, but I just wanted to let this place know about my current kickstarter for the much updated version of said Modern Necessities, modern and urban fantasy themed rules for OSE. It funded in 24 hours and 2 stretch goals have already been reached, with 25 days to go.

Check it out here.

The Kickstarter pre-launch page for three (!) new Lex Arcana books has manifested itself from the digital aether. From the email:

"Indeed, it includes Rome, the capital, as a standalone geographical module that will take the Custodes from the marble columns of the Senate to the dark alleys of Suburra; Atlantis, the first official campaign of Lex Arcana, a journey that will take the Custodes along the coasts and beyond the borders of the Empire; and The Fall, which will, for the first time, introduce a continuity development in the alternate history of the Endless Empire. Additionally, there will be many physical extras such as maps, cards, and more, exclusively for those who support the project on Kickstarter."

Lex Arcana Kickstarter Pre-Launch

3rik 3rik has obviously decided to go to war with my wallet with their Kickstarter project reminder posts. Someone needs to take their keyboard away! ::glances at Dragonbane Kickstarter:: "Oh, shiny!" ::wanders off::

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back