Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Evlyn Moreau and others are working on this cool looking adventure as part of Zinequest on KS this year.

Where the Wheat Grows Tall, via @Kickstarter

A DCC zine. Nice art.

Terror of the Stratosfiend #3 : A DCC RPG #ZineQuest Zine, via @Kickstarter

I'll support just about anything that Charles Ferguson-Avery does, so I guess I'll go back that one.
I'm already in on The Haunted Hamlet and included Willow in my pledge level. The Ferguson-Avery one I would've backed already, if it weren't for the page count/cost ratio, including shipping that is.

I'm already in on The Haunted Hamlet and included Willow in my pledge level. The Ferguson-Avery one I would've backed already, if it weren't for the page count/cost ratio, including shipping that is.
I'm pretty strictly a PDF guy, for shipping reasons, so I didn't have that issue.

Just saw this one the other day. Realms of Peril. It's billed as "A classic fantasy adventure game designed for West Marches campaigns, with a focus on old-school, fiction-focused gameplay."

Maybe before these threads diverge too much, mods want to yank all the TOR2 posts from here to the specific thread?
Speaking as the operator of the Bundle of Holding, I think it might also help the Pub's focus to relocate all Bundle of Holding-related plugs to the existing three-year-old Bundle of Holding thread. I subscribe to that thread and see notifications there quickly.

Bundle of Holding has a listing of some of the zines available on kickstarter for zinequest.

A big list on The Bone Box Chant

OK, now I want to do a Debutants & Dralisites sourcebook...

New edition of Goo Society: The Jane Austen RPG

Thanks for the reminder!

I got this in pdf last time but like it enough that I've committed to the hardcopy.

I'm also thinking about what else I could hack the system for, I think it is solid enough to provide a good base for any character-based non-violent play.

You mean this one here?

Trudvang Adventures - for 5E, via @Kickstarter

I'm not familiar with Trudvang myself...

This is a KS I've got my eye on. Looks good but I've backed so much lately I think I'll wait til it gets released.

TORQ: rallyraid roleplaying, via @Kickstarter

looks like there's another Trudvang offering on KS as well, an elven sourcebook/adventure:

My this game has some pretty art

Yeah I'm currently backing the Trudvang 5E corebook, and recently signed up to back the new Trudvang 5E Elf book.
I love the artwork, and D&D 5E is the lingua franca for rpgs, so this will be a way to get the setting without a steep learning curve regarding game mechanics.

Looking forward to these books :thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is a KS I've got my eye on. Looks good but I've backed so much lately I think I'll wait til it gets released.

TORQ: rallyraid roleplaying, via @Kickstarter

For a moment I thought it said "railroad roleplaying", as in roleplaying in some kind of railroad-related setting, not railroading.

The most depressingly true thing I've heard all year.
Me too, and I wrote it!

I guess it always has been this way, which was frustrating for me as I prefer BRP to do the job.
I remember it felt especially bad in the 2000s during the homogenizing D20 OGL era which seemed to blanket everything for a decade, smothering other systems completely.

But I'll suffice with this version of D&D, as I feel that 5E has a reasonable core structure to rift off.
I was pleasantly surprised how well D&D 5E worked for both Fateforge and AiME, so hopefully it will be okay for Trudvang as well.

But yep for me if BRP had been the lingua franca of rpgs, then all would be well in the world
Mythras Trudvang should be a thing! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm in for a buck equivalence. But no more than that after taking a look.

Last year some friends of mine published "A Visitor's Guide to the Rainy City" as part of ZineQuest 2. During the campaign for it, they published little articles detailing how the setting could be used for various games (see: Superhero Necromancer News ). Steve Jackson somehow got wind of it and promoted it in their news, which was cool. As was having him send them editing notes. In any event, this year they are expanding the setting with "Flott's Miscellany Volume 2". What about "Flott's Miscellany Volume 1"? Well, it was originally a PDF only stretch goal for last year's Kickstarter, but it is now included for free (as a met stretch goal) to anyone backing Volume 2 this year at the "Citizen" tier or higher (and it comes in print). Picking up a print copy of the Visitor's Guide itself this year is also a tier option. Anyways...

I have that on my watch list.

My current haul:

Backed
The Drain
Rebel Scum
Swordpoint
Bucket of Bolts
The Tower and The Garden TTRPG #Zinequest3
Other Magic #3: The Ancient World (zinequest)
Action Potential: a Forged in the Dark tabletop RPG
Against the Dark Conspiracy - ZineQuest 3
High Speed Low Drag
The Thawing Kingdom
External Containment Bureau, a Zine Quest RPG!
The Vast in the Dark - Exploring Ruins in an Infinite World
The 13th Fleet
Lowlife
Isometric Blanks
Rascals - an RPG Zine
The Power Words Engine

Saved
Gordinaak
The Burning of Carbex
Desert Moon of Karth
Dying Hard on Hardlight Station
The Soul Sword Forge
Kill Today, Die Tomorrow
Stealing the Throne
Token
The Book of Hanz
An Altogether Different River
Flott's Miscellany Volume 2
The Pamphlet of Pantheons
Hinterlands
Ninja City
Boots Full of Mud
Network 23
Skies of Hyperborea
Mork Materia
Peril at Frost Manor
Merchants of the Multiverse

I'm going to try to limit myself to 25 of these. I hope to come in less... but I know at least 4 of those on the saved I'm holding off on just so I can make myself feel better about how many I've backed so far.

Well, that makes me feel better. I've backed 9 in the last month, including SW Pathfinder, One Ring, and a bunch of Zines. That's more than I had backed in the previous year.

My list showed something as 298.00 and nearly gave me a heart attack before I realized it was TOR and was in SEK.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back