Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Gyllagoon's Island Kickstarter

Shipwrecked on a deserted, jungle island, the party faces challenges as they explore the mysteries and dangers on the island and find a way to escape. Populated by intelligent and savage red haired apes, the heroes soon learn that the apes are eager for devouring man-flesh and are ruled over by something not of this world that thrives on hunting and terrorizing intruders within its domain... An OSE adventure for levels 5-7.

gully.jpg

Gyllagoon's Island Kickstarter

Shipwrecked on a deserted, jungle island, the party faces challenges as they explore the mysteries and dangers on the island and find a way to escape. Populated by intelligent and savage red haired apes, the heroes soon learn that the apes are eager for devouring man-flesh and are ruled over by something not of this world that thrives on hunting and terrorizing intruders within its domain... An OSE adventure for levels 5-7.

View attachment 42989
I'm so gonna get this.

Old School Essentials is live now

They mentioned that this won’t be customs-friendly to Canada. Any idea how bad that could be on the 100$ pledge?

It has been a long, long time since I was charged customs and I order from the US all the time. Seems ro be pure luck of the draw. I honestly wouldn't sweat it too much.

L-Gauge for the win! (for those who aren't aware, L-Guage is the gauge of the Lego train tracks).

I used to be an HO model railroader before gaming. Well, I did a bit after but never got anywhere. My most complete model railroad is my Christmas Lego display...

I also got into garden trains (LGB etc) and we occasionally get them set up around the Christmas Tree.

This gives me a great idea for an industrial-age retroclone based on the idea that the Lake Geneva group were model railroaders instead of as well as wargamers.

Onyx Path's new double-feature in the cheesy pulp line of the They Came From! series (using Storypath):

When they announced the Venture Bros were not getting another season John Kennedy messaged me and asked if we should do anything about it.

Now I am proud to present to you STAGED HEROISM!

1647349877388.png

Play as a Hero, Secret Agent, Sidekick, or Villain and indulge your megalomania, fend off thieves after your magical artifacts or new technologies (or aim to take some yourself), and generally try to get by in a world filled with heroes from days past and current!

1647349844548.png

Edit: FUNDED while I was making lunch! AMAZING!

Last edited:
The Kickstarter for Dyson's Book of Swords is now live. It funded in just 24 minutes!

Dyson's Book of Swords is a compilation of the #Swordtember and #Choptober entries posted on the Dyson Logos blog in September and October 2021. This campaign reproduces all 50 swords in a square format, perfect-bound book. The 104 page book will feature a full page illustration of each sword along with a description of the sword's magical properties on the facing page.

Check out the Kickstarter here:

Front CoverBorder.jpg

Ken St. Andre and Steve Crompton are producing a new bestiary for Monsters! Monsters! (well subject to the project getting the Kickstart) which is very compatible with T&T and usable for 'insert system of choice'. I have already put my $ where my :smile: is.

This just launched and it looks incredible. I'm always needing idea generators and I've not been impressed by the stuff I've been using from Numenera or Goodman Games, surprisingly:

This just launched and it looks incredible. I'm always needing idea generators and I've not been impressed by the stuff I've been using from Numenera or Goodman Games, surprisingly:

I have the original edition, andI have found it very useful.

The Tome of Adventure Design and Kevin Crawford's stuff are the main dice tables I use when coming up with adventures. They go together really well.

I see nothing on the system used... did anyone download the primer and are you willing to give a TL;DR?
Unfortunately the primer is just character creation and doesn’t really cover the mechanics.

i might just have to wait for the pdf to be out and reviewed on this one.

Mongoose staffers have been discussing Shield Maidens, including its rules, at length on RPG.net: "Shield Maidens: First Look"
Thanks!

To save others the time, the summary:

First Look at the Shield Maidens Rules
We’ve given information on the Shield Maidens, Freya, and will be unveiling the nine realms, gods, and the other species to be encountered. So, it’s now time to begin revealing the rules system Shield Maidens uses.

To undertake a Standard Action, players roll 2D6, then add their appropriate Branch skill and sub-skill; it’s a roll-over mechanic. The difficulties for actions range from Mundane (convincing someone who is already in love with you to do something) to Legendary (getting an army of cyclopean flesh-eating monsters to hold off on fresh meat for a while), and you use various skills to perform actions. However, if an action seems too difficult, you may use your Guardian Shield to help you.

Dagrun attempts to hack into one of the computers at a Fenrir re-education facility to find documents about a recently processed ‘student’. To do so, she uses her Understanding Branch Skill and Engineering sub-skill, which total 6. Added to a 2D6 roll of 9, her total is 15, which beats the Challenging (11+) Difficulty set by the GM. Her fingers fly across the keypad as she searches for the report, revealing the atrocities performed in these institutions.

When using your Guardian Shield, you roll 1D6 and 1D8 together. This gives you a greater chance of scoring high, but a roll of 8 on the D8 will cause a Flare! This demonstrates the unwieldy power you have as a daughter of Freya, and the fact that things will not always work as planned. The Flare system adds an element of randomness, causing avalanches, beams of light, plant growth and shattering buildings asunder.

Attempting to sneak into Asgard cannot be that difficult, thinks Signy, as she reaches to pull herself up onto a balcony. She slips, and decides to use her Guardian Shield to assist her, trying to embed it into the wall to create a makeshift step. Rolling 1D6 and 1D8 for a total of 11, and adding her Might Branch Skill and Athletics sub-skill leaves her with a total of 19, flying past the Arduous (13+) Difficulty that was set!

However, she rolled an 8 on her Shield Dice…

As Signy swings her shield, she misjudges her strength. Metal is rent asunder as a beacon of light erupts, surging over the golden parapets now riddled with holes, shattering the section of the wall she is hanging from. Shards of metal and plumes of dust are all she sees as she plummets to the floor, landing in a heap of fur and weapons. The burst rings in her ears as she stumbles to her feet, and the interior of Asgard is laid bare. At least she no longer has to climb inside…

It's a straightforward, intuitive system and the Branch skills and sub-skills really make it come into its own, as they fit the themes really well.

More about some specific rules soon!

Swords & Chaos looks like a great new addition to the Sword & Sorcery part of my game shelf:

It uses Castles & Crusades as its base system but is modified for the genre, including dangerous magic and a complete absence of Tolkieny races. Looks great.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back