Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I’ve only backed two kickstarters. Ever. I’m way behind.

I've only backed 1129, so not that far behind. :shock:

Now... typing that out... I really need to rein it in. And that's only through Kickstarter. GameOnTabletop, IndieGoGo (though I don't back there anymore), Backerkit, Pledgemanager... I'm probably closer to 1200, though many of those are only in for a buck to see how they go. I'm probably overall at a 3% failure rate, so at least there's that... I was keeping track, but I've fallen behind.

Mork Materia

As tempting as that one seems, I'm out. $5 is $5, and messaging the author, he said he's only got 20% done and the "broad strokes" of everything else.

Other than those Zines, I'm also in for Neon Blood, Scion, and a couple more for a buck equivalence (including the One Ring, since FL said that gets me access to the pledgemanager)

Last edited:
I've only backed 1129, so not that far behind.
My 72+ have mostly been print versions and I have a 0% failure rating, unless you count a KS being canceled with properly returned funding as failure. There's only two KS that are significantly delayed at the moment, both of which I fully trust will deliver eventually.

I'm already supporting the SRD site via Patreon. Just looking at this as it seems like a cool resource. The only reason I'm only considering it is that I'm in for a lot right now, and it's just for cool factor/support.

I gave Randy the rest of the G+ posts that didn't make it into "the book" (which was just based on the date the random internet person decided to collect them). I don't think they're going to make it into this (which I think is a mistake), but he says he has plans.

I backed 2 indigogo's.

Here's a new Kickstarter for people interested in The Fantasy Trip (if you aren't sure, you are!).

This is from a company that has already published 10 beautifully produced, fun adventures for the game (including both GM-run and Solos). They've recently started a line of collections of characters to be used as NPCs (or, I suppose, you could just grab one as a player character as well). A teaser volume put out a couple of months ago shows the products are going to be great - the characters themselves are creative, really diverse and thoughtfully designed, and the layout and art is great. This winter we're seeing the idea developed into hundreds of NPCs that will cover much of what you would want for most any quasi-medieval fantasy setting.

They are being paired with a line of counters and cards for use at the table, in formats that match all the table-top components in the official SJGames line for the game. This is pretty important for two reasons - 1) TFT is a highly tactile game with lots of fun cards, battle mats, dice, etc. that pump up the engagement with what is going on during play and this KS will provide a bunch of new materials for that; and 2) this is a way to quickly accumulate a sort of rolodex of NPC that can populate your campaign.

When I was a kid and spent part of most days chipping away at my TFT campaign, one of the things I spent time on was creating a stack of recipe cards with an NPC detailed on each (one of the features of the game is that even complicated characters can be recorded on a post-it note. Literally.). That stack of recipe cards was the core resource for my whole campaign; it was how I quickly populated unique encounters, stocked cities, etc. We have perhaps 100-150 professionally produced cards from the SJGames line; these are useful, but spread across so many topics (fighters, wizards, orcs, monsters, etc.) that you really wish you had more. The new Gaming Ballistic KS provides an opportunity to get about 600 new cards, specifically focused on the area where you need the greatest number and diversity (humanoid NPCs). Basically, you get to just buy the kind of resource that takes years of regular work for a GM to write. I think you could probably create an entire fully fleshed out fantasy city by getting this set, grabbing a decent map online, and adding a couple of your own key NPCs.

Not a RPG, but a boardgame, but the miniatures would be appealing of Western RPG players:

I'm a huge fan of Zombicide Black Plague (I play it all the time with the kids), but I missed their Kickstarters and paid a lot of money for all of the non-Kickstarter exclusive content. I'm not going to make that mistake this time, even if I stick with the core pledge (which is already super generous, even if I don't get ANY of the eventual add-ons).

So far I'm loving all the character minis. SOme kind of look generic after a while (only so many ways to differentiate over a dozen cowboys), but still...

Not a RPG, but a boardgame, but the miniatures would be appealing of Western RPG players:

I'm a huge fan of Zombicide Black Plague (I play it all the time with the kids), but I missed their Kickstarters and paid a lot of money for all of the non-Kickstarter exclusive content. I'm not going to make that mistake this time, even if I stick with the core pledge (which is already super generous, even if I don't get ANY of the eventual add-ons).

So far I'm loving all the character minis. SOme kind of look generic after a while (only so many ways to differentiate over a dozen cowboys), but still...

Francesco Nepitello mentioned working on a Zombiecide rpg on the Smart Party podcast, I didn't realize that had even happened and can't find it online.

Has anyone got it or played it?

Or is it still pending?

Francesco Nepitello mentioned working on a Zombiecide rpg on the Smart Party podcast, I didn't realize that had even happened and can't find it online.

Has anyone got it or played it?

Or is it still pending?
I believe that it was part of Zombicide (Modern) 2nd edition campaign, wasn't it?

I don't really back boardgames bit this one looks interesting, a hybrid rpg/storygame based on Eastern European mythology.

Forest of Radgost, via @Kickstarter

Here's a new Kickstarter for people interested in The Fantasy Trip (if you aren't sure, you are!).

This is from a company that has already published 10 beautifully produced, fun adventures for the game (including both GM-run and Solos)...

Thanks, Moonglum!

Thought I'd pop in and provide some images for Character Collections for TFT.
Character Collection JPG Small.jpg

CC3 Preview Excerpt Small.jpg

And here are the tactile cards Moonglum mentioned:

NPC Rookies Card Mockup 2 JPG.jpg

In any case, it's been a hoot to write and produce, and I hope you'll join me over in the campaign.

Character Collections for TFT

I know it's minor, but why in the hell can't Steve Jackson games put the 6 on the end of their xd notations like everyone else. It's 1d6 Steve!

I know it's minor, but why in the hell can't Steve Jackson games put the 6 on the end of their xd notations like everyone else. It's 1d6 Steve!

I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Sellsword. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.

Pseudo-self-promotion:

FWIW, I'm not taking any of the money off of that - it's all going to keep the SRD costs down for the operator of the site. If that feeds into your decision.

Interesting, I'll buy that for 14 dollars.

Rules light, Procedure heavy - 48 hours to go and already funded - I've read the design notes, it's clever but I'm still undecided

I just put in a few bits into this campaign for Ghost Ops: Second Strike which is a covert ops game for those that fancy running around with assault rifles in your rpg adventures. It might be something someone around here also could be interested in.
I never studied it in great detail but on a quick leaf-through the first edition looked good and it sounds like they're adding in some cool extras for this second edition, which comes in a nice offset hardcover.

Last edited:
Just saw this one the other day. Realms of Peril. It's billed as "A classic fantasy adventure game designed for West Marches campaigns, with a focus on old-school, fiction-focused gameplay."

Did anyone back this? It looks great but should I be kicking myself about dithering for too long?

I never studied it in great detail but on a quick leaf-through the first edition looked good and it sounds like they're adding in some cool extras for this second edition, which comes in offset hardcover.

I have this and operators, and both use the Fate system/dice in interesting ways. I like Operators better, but I'm in for this version of Ghost Ops too.

I have this and operators, and both use the Fate system/dice in interesting ways. I like Operators better, but I'm in for this version of Ghost Ops too.
I'm not in yet... It's not a genre that I expect to run anytime soon and if I do, DwD Studios' Covert Ops, though not really military focused, will probably fit my group better.

Last edited:
Did anyone back this? It looks great but should I be kicking myself about dithering for too long?
I did. I'm curious. I've got a long pole plan to run a West Marches inspired campaign with Cold Iron, so I'm gathering resources. This wasn't too bad a buy in ($10 for PDF) so I thought I'd see if it had anything more than Izirion's Enchiridion of the West Marches (which is great) has that is useful to me. I've been collecting other resources too...

I did. I'm curious. I've got a long pole plan to run a West Marches inspired campaign with Cold Iron, so I'm gathering resources. This wasn't too bad a buy in ($10 for PDF) so I thought I'd see if it had anything more than Izirion's Enchiridion of the West Marches (which is great) has that is useful to me. I've been collecting other resources too...

Well, let us know how it is when you get it! I'm intrigued.

I don't back things because I intend to run them :tongue:
Don't tempt me. I may back it just for the sake of owning an actual military themed RPG that doesn't seem so intimidating. It'll also be fun to have another use for my Fudge dice.

Last edited:
Well, let us know how it is when you get it! I'm intrigued.
I will try and remember to do so, but their delivery date is quite far out so who knows if I'll even remember anything about it by then...

I didn't see that one, but there's another one currently funded that I have saved:

I didn't see that one, but there's another one currently funded that I have saved:

Yea, I'm backing that one too, it's a setting for Realms of Peril. I'm interested in seeing a "West Marches" setting, though I suspect it's more of a hex crawl and not necessarily the "town is safe, out there is not safe wilds" of Ben Robbins's West Marches, but we'll see.

Don't tempt me. I may back it just for the sake of owning an actual military themed RPG that doesn't seem so intimidating. It'll also be fun to have another use for my Fudge dice.

Hey there are worse reasons. :grin:

So this week I backed Beta Red (a cyberpunk zine rpg I posted about in the cyberpunk rpg thread) Neon Gutters and What We Give to Alien Gods for Mothership. Which also made me go buy Mothership, as I only have the players guide in pdf. Oh and Against the Dark Conspiracy as well. Those are my open ones right now

So this week I backed Beta Red (a cyberpunk zine rpg I posted about in the cyberpunk rpg thread) Neon Gutters and What We Give to Alien Gods for Mothership. Which also made me go buy Mothership, as I only have the players guide in pdf. Oh and Against the Dark Conspiracy as well. Those are my open ones right now

Checks Kickstarter... Yup. I still have a problem. 19 open right now...:shock:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back