Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OSR is the the equivalent of 'organic' for old gamers. It could have a well defined meaning but that is academic and it usually means whatever the marketer or reviewer wants it to mean.
Actually that's probably a very good comparison. As I understand it Organic was created as a label by well meaning individual farmers in the 60's-70's with a reasonably wide margin so they could all agree. The end result was once it caught on Corporate farms were able to slide into meeting it's requirements with minimal changes such that Organic is really of limited value or protection.

I checked out the preview on the earlier edition on DTRPG and boy, does that system seem fiddly. Anyone here have any experience running it?
That was my thought too. I wouldn't have thought it would be so highly funded.

Fria Ligan are making an supplement for Vaesen set in Britain and Ireland:

View attachment 38133

Pre-Launch page here:

Looks like you have your next WIR all lined up. And let me add, I haven't forgotten about the WFRP 4E WIR I am going to do. I just have a little more research to complete first.

My only planned KS is the Talislanta one.

Even at the lowest pledge level I'm having trouble selecting 5 sets that I like. So far I went with Cultists, 2 sets of Flying Stands, 1 T-rex, Undergloom 3.
I had some trouble on a higher level but I hadn't bought anything from them before so had all the things from the previous kickstarter to choose from. If I'd already had those, I'd be in the same boat. But I figure even if some of the art doesn't excite, they'll be fine on the table, especially compared to trying to remember if the penny or the die was the demon.

Even at the lowest pledge level I'm having trouble selecting 5 sets that I like. So far I went with Cultists, 2 sets of Flying Stands, 1 T-rex, Undergloom 3.
Yeah, that's the reason I didn't go for that level, and just got access to the pledge manager. I'm thinking about passing on this one.

Vaesen: Mythic Britain and Ireland is live now:

Definitely getting the core book (mysteries are neat, but I think I could just go for a PDF for those). Plus all of the stretch goals are only for the Mythic Britain book.

So, wow. You'd think that Pinnacle might have a potential lawsuit against the shipper on this. Since it sounds like they had a contract with them on this shipping container. I mean you enter a business contract with someone and sign the papers. Then later on they come back and say "sorry that car I sold you and you paid money for and signed a contract with? Well a guy came in after you left and we were doing prep and offered us a couple grand more for it. Sorry."

"We've been on track for a January 10th arrival date for months now and we've been a bit vague on that to allow for inevitable delays here and there, and the delay has occurred. Our container was sold to higher bidders and we are currently priced out of the market."

Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Kickstarter Update

So, wow. You'd think that Pinnacle might have a potential lawsuit against the shipper on this. Since it sounds like they had a contract with them on this shipping container. I mean you enter a business contract with someone and sign the papers. Then later on they come back and say "sorry that car I sold you and you paid money for and signed a contract with? Well a guy came in after you left and we were doing prep and offered us a couple grand more for it. Sorry."

"We've been on track for a January 10th arrival date for months now and we've been a bit vague on that to allow for inevitable delays here and there, and the delay has occurred. Our container was sold to higher bidders and we are currently priced out of the market."

Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Kickstarter Update
Depends on who the shipping company is - dealing with international law is costly. That might be one of the reasons they would even do it.

Depends on who the shipping company is - dealing with international law is costly. That might be one of the reasons they would even do it.
I told my wife about it basically said the same thing. This shipper did the mental calculation of how much profit will the lose pissing this customer off forever vs screwing them and selling the container at the highest bidder vs risk of trans Atlantic lawsuit in Chinese courts. No brainer for the shipper.

Based on the comments section there, I truly believe that some people are ENJOYING this drama, getting off on debating with Zak. It's a distraction from COVID, I guess.
The Infinity RPG Kickstarter comments was a treasure trove, though I believe the choice ones got deleted.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back