Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I can't think of specific projects Pinto worked on, but he worked on a lot of AEG books in the late '90s/early 00s. They were mostly doing Lo5R and D20 books around then.

So any reason in particular why he would be the guy who should write a book of GM advice?

Jim Pinto worked on AEGs Ultimate Toolkit book which is a bunch of tables for helping GMs. He's done some board games. I think he has some name recognition. Probably has a number of friends in the industry.

Jim Pinto worked on AEGs Ultimate Toolkit book which is a bunch of tables for helping GMs. He's done some board games. I think he has some name recognition. Probably has a number of friends in the industry.
I have the earlier non-Ultimate version of that book. It's one of the few books from the D20 boom that I kept. It came out before the OSR took off, so books of random tables were still a rarity.

I feel like a lot of his work explodes awkwardly if struck from the rear.
Wait. Wut?

tired-groggy.gif

Yes, DIE is a good comic, with a twisted and scary vibe (scary in the only way that works for me, meaning you're afraid horrible things will happen to the main characters* in it - that is, more horrible things in top of those that are already happening).

This game, if it's any good, should make for an excellent short/middle campaign. I'm tempted to subscribe to the Kickstarter.

* Let's not call them "heroes", though I'd very much like to. It's not that kind of comic... Ho, read it already :wink: !

Also, although I'm not particularly gay myself, I find the narrator (in the comic) kind of sexy, and I'd vaguely like to screw her... Errr, him. You see, he's really a guy... but not actually. Yeah, you have to read it.

I like love comics. I learned so much by reading them !

Damn, my creative sense is tingling now, and I fantasize about "The Illiad" in a comic book format drawn in a pre-Raphaelite style.

Last edited:
So any reason in particular why he would be the guy who should write a book of GM advice?
Depends. From what I gathered from his blog 'n' stuff, he spends a lot of time GMing at conventions.
So short form sessions/one shots, probably your guy.
Keepin' it real in a long-term campaign, prolly not.

I really want this and the 5e/DCC versions will be a lot more useful at the table as the font, spacing and other layout are much improved but yeah that price point is a bit much.

I bit the bullet and ordered The Dark Tower in print and threw in the reprint of Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, which will complete the classic modules I want for now (Isle of Dread, Lost City, Castle Amber).

At least until they release Caverns of Thracia and whatever else they've got planned!

Not going for these (5E) encounter toolboxes myself but I figured they might be of interest to some here as Loke Battle Mats always deliver really nice product.

As for this one, I'm probably going to wait for the complete 6 part thing and see if I can get a hold of that. Not sure if I should get the S&W or the M/DCC version.

Brindlewood Bay is in its final 38 hours on kickstarter. I am still blown away by its success. Lots of really cool stretch goals have been unlocked, like tons of new art and mysteries:

I actually just backed the kick starter. I think I'd really like running this for my GF and I like the sound of the mysteries and nice add-ons too. ;)

I don't know anything about this one or the creator. I was just scrolling through recommendations and saw it. It has some serious fantasy heartbreaker energy around it. I'm not going in on it (too much sunk into Blade Runner and Household), but I figured I'd bring it to RPGpub's attention.

I don't know anything about this one or the creator. I was just scrolling through recommendations and saw it. It has some serious fantasy heartbreaker energy around it. I'm not going in on it (too much sunk into Blade Runner and Household), but I figured I'd bring it to RPGpub's attention.

It seems with the appropriate lethality, but I'm always amused by "no other system that we know about uses that system" claims. Especially when it's about a "higher roll wins" system (the big innovation seems to be the lack of fixed target numbers...Pendragon, Zenobia, ORE and Ironclaw are silently weeping in the corner for being ignored, and more and more are joining them as I type:thumbsup:).

Or maybe I'm just jaded:shade:.

It seems with the appropriate lethality, but I'm always amused by "no other system that we know about uses that system" claims. Especially when it's about a "higher roll wins" system (the big innovation seems to be the lack of fixed target numbers...Pendragon, Zenobia, ORE and Ironclaw are silently weeping in the corner for being ignored, and more and more are joining them as I type:thumbsup:).
Yea, I find these claims amusing. The ONLY mechanic I am aware of that I have never seen in any other game is Cold Iron's use of the standard normal distribution. OK, I think the way mana points work may also be unique, but that's a harder claim since so many systems use mana/magic points in some way.

Looks like yet another fantasy heartbreaker and doesn't really tell us why we should play their game rather than any other game.

Guardians of Agthor for 5E is our latest Kickstarter (our fourth), and we hope you'll take a look! It features loads of action-packed adventure sites, terrifying enemies, loyal allies, scheming organizations, and fun 5E compatible rule expansions. The book is designed so players and GMs can pull their favorite parts into any 5E game, or you can use Guardians to expand your ongoing World of Aetaltis adventures!

P.S. I am totally new to rpgpub.com. I learned about it after a bunch of people told me "That's where I go to learn about new games and books. You seriously need to post there." Now that I've found it, I'm really looking forward to being part of the community! - Marc

Guardians of Agthor for 5E is our latest Kickstarter (our fourth), and we hope you'll take a look! It features loads of action-packed adventure sites, terrifying enemies, loyal allies, scheming organizations, and fun 5E compatible rule expansions. The book is designed so players and GMs can pull their favorite parts into any 5E game, or you can use Guardians to expand your ongoing World of Aetaltis adventures!

P.S. I am totally new to rpgpub.com. I learned about it after a bunch of people told me "That's where I go to learn about new games and books. You seriously need to post there." Now that I've found it, I'm really looking forward to being part of the community! - Marc

Welcome Marc!

Jacob Hurst's next Swo . . . rdfish Island is up:

I must admit I'm a little befuddled by the lack of a pledge level for only the new Island in PDF, as I suspect most of the interested parties will already have the Hot Springs Island books.

Doesn't seem to have hurt his first day, though.

Last edited:

I must admit I'm a little befuddled by the lack of a pledge level for only the new Island in PDF, as I suspect most of the interested parties will already have the Hot Springs Island books.

Swooo what's this about?

I can't wait to see what Mankcam Mankcam does with this.

SWOfish Islands?
I don't think I can ever look at that book again with a straight face :grin:
One of the biggest threadfalls in the history of this forum so far, heh heh

All jokes aside Jacob's Hurst's books are really good, so this one is bound to be as well

Last edited:
Yea I was a little disappointed that only option for just the new content is print + pdf. I was ready to pledge but already own all OG Swordfish Island content (plus the rest of Hurst's adventures).

Yea I was a little disappointed that only option for just the new content is print + pdf. I was ready to pledge but already own all OG Swordfish Island content (plus the rest of Hurst's adventures).

I bought his stuff when it was handmade zines on Etsy. He should just give it all to me hardcopy for free since I was there from the beginning...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back