Kickstarters Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I bought his stuff when it was handmade zines on Etsy. He should just give it all to me hardcopy for free since I was there from the beginning...

Eh I was being cheap. I plunked down the money for the pdfs even though I own most of them because it's only like $20. At the end of the day I am a huge sucker when it comes to promising indie devs whether for RPGs or video games.

I own and really like the Hot Springs Island book but still decided not to jump in on this Kickstarter.

Last edited:
Kind of on the fence for this one. It looks like a fun way to breathe some life and character into whatever setting your MCC (or post-apocalyptic DCC) game takes place in. I'm not entirely convinced this type of completely weird science-fantasy post-apocalypse is something I'd feel comfortable running as such settings always seem to lack a certain internal consistency. On the other hand, this may just be the tool needed to pull it off. The print version doesn't ship to Europe, so it would be for the pdf only anyway.

Huh, before reading any details I would have guessed by the title that it was dealing more with a Moorcock-style multiverse as its basis.

Wasteland Sagas added print options for backers outside the US, by the way.

This looks kind of fun:

Era: Hitman is a fun little game. A year or so ago, I played in a one shot the author ran on Discord. Had a lot of fun. Definitely going to back that and Cepheus
I'm partial to their post-apocalyptic zombie/mutant/infected survival horror game Era: Survival myself. The setting feels gritty, over-the-top in a grounded way if that makes sense, and the factions seem interesting. Mechanically their games are very reminiscent of WoD's d10 dice pool system though I believe there are some differences.

How does Era: Hitman differ from their supers game Era: The Empowered?

Has anyone noticed anything odd with their Kickstarter account recently? I was just browsing mine and the "activity" page isn't showing any updates since June 23. And I know there's been several from various campaigns since then.

Has anyone noticed anything odd with their Kickstarter account recently? I was just browsing mine and the "activity" page isn't showing any updates since June 23. And I know there's been several from various campaigns since then.

Haven't launched mine yet but I would like to know what you find out.

I just went and checked and discovered the same. I've had email updates from various projects from after that date and it's not showing in the activity listing. :sad: Below are my last updates under activity.

1656877729897.png

As an aside the Kickstarter website has always felt a bit buggy. Replies not alerting me though I've had all the settings on for those sort of notifications etc. I keep a bookmark folder for just Kickstarters, with each one bookmarked because I found the Kickstarter website lacking.

As an aside, speaking of bugs, I love how the forum software for the pub will keep me subscribed to a thread but stop giving me updates to knew messages. This Kickstarter one being an example where I just noted new messages and hadn't been seeing the bell for weeks. lol So I unsubbed and then resubbed. That appears to refresh it for a bit.

I just went and checked and discovered the same. I've had email updates from various projects from after that date and it's not showing in the activity listing. :sad: Below are my last updates under activity.
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing. I sent KS a bug report, we'll see if anything comes of it.

I played Empowered once (again with the author), but a year or so before I played Hitman. There were less powers in Hitman, and iirc, they were a little more limited. Sadly, that's about the only thing I can remember.

I'm partial to their post-apocalyptic zombie/mutant/infected survival horror game Era: Survival myself. The setting feels gritty, over-the-top in a grounded way if that makes sense, and the factions seem interesting. Mechanically their games are very reminiscent of WoD's d10 dice pool system though I believe there are some differences.

I think they all differ in some way. My fave is Era: The Consortium.

I googled this issue and they are aware of it and are apparently working on resolving the problem.

I think they all differ in some way. My fave is Era: The Consortium.
The Consortium seems a bit too involved, setting-wise, for my taste. Apart from Era: Survival, Era: The Chosen looks kind of interesting but I haven't looked at it in great detail.

More interestingly, I read somewhere that the author has a western game in the pipeline. I just hope it's not another weird west over-the-top freakshow theme park.

Hi, everyone!

We just launched our Kickstarter for Hellguard: Curse of Caina, a rules-light roleplaying game of infernal fantasy. If you're a fan of Diablo or Castlevania and looking for a game with Call of Cthulhu-style investigation, this is definitely the one for you. It's also designed specifically for one-shot games (either one of our five prewritten scenarios or one of your own design), so it's great for drop-in sessions between longer campaigns or to introduce new people to the hobby. And there's a free Campaign Coin in it for you if you back within 24 hours (before July 13th, 10 AM PST!).

Visit Our Kickstarter!

Angled KS Slick - Product V2.5.png
Rewards Tiers - Free Coin.png

One last link for good measure...!

This looks pretty cool...

Yeah my wife thought it was really cool. While I thought it has potential I have some issues with it. First, it simply looks too heavy and bulky. Also the outside panels remind me of cabinet doors and waste space. I'd rather have information on those panels. Also I feel that they should either include or offer as an add a carrying case with handle and pockets. The pockets for the various accessories like the magnets, initiative tracker etc really are a must. Otherwise you'll lose them. The screen is going to easily cost someone like myself $600.00-$700.00 dollars due to what I want with it. So yeah a carrying case is a must.

Yeah my wife thought it was really cool. While I thought it has potential I have some issues with it. First, it simply looks too heavy and bulky. Also the outside panels remind me of cabinet doors and waste space. I'd rather have information on those panels. Also I feel that they should either include or offer as an add a carrying case with handle and pockets. The pockets for the various accessories like the magnets, initiative tracker etc really are a must. Otherwise you'll lose them. The screen is going to easily cost someone like myself $600.00-$700.00 dollars due to what I want with it. So yeah a carrying case is a must.
Yeah I think if I ever back this then I’ll want all of those extra goodies that come with it, so a case /box would be essential.
However by the time I paid for all that and the international postage I’ll be a pauper, so unfortunately I don’t think this GM Screen will ever be at my gaming table…

Last edited:
If they have a particleboard version I'm in.
They don't usually deal with non-premium materials. That said, I've tried them and Dog Might, and I usually stick with Dog Might. I got this one, and it's great for traveling.

I got the basic one as a b-stock for $125 and there's not even anything that would affect the functionality or look wrong with it.
20220725_134302-25%.jpg
20220725_134622-25%.jpg

I also got a similar box from another company other than Wyrmwood and Dog's Might for a fraction of the cost. After seeing how it looks years after I got it, I realize why Dog Might and Wyrmwood cost so much.

20220725_134956-25%.jpg
20220725_134948-25%.jpg
20220725_135009-25%.jpg

Only 5 days to go in our old-school horror adventures campaign. Looks like we won't make it without support from large donors.

If you're interested in helping, let's talk!

So it’s 10 hours to go and my buddies’ project is at 93%.

If anyone’s interested in a 5e and/or OSR island hexcrawl with a horror vibe, please consider backing to put them over the top!

Curse of the Chupacabra

Hi everyone!

Our Kickstarter for Hellguard: Curse of Caina ends August 2nd at 3pm PDT!

If you like Gothic horror, infernal monstrosities, and technicolor dark fantasy, visit our campaign page. We're already fully funded and now working toward some awesome stretch goals!

Our five, flavorful one-shots are tailor-made for convention play, drop-in sessions, and for introducing the RPG-curious to the wonderful world of tabletop roleplaying games.

Messageboard Promo Image.png

We've also got incredible miniatures, sculpted by Monster Fight Club, Inc.

Breaker Mini, Front and Back.png
Miniatures come unpainted, alas.

...and stunning initiative tracking emblems from Campaign Coins!

Sage Coin Photograph.png
Actual coin shown, 50mm across, 3mm thick.

So come check us out!

Begin your journey into Caina before time runs out.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back