Kilibbix's Map Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Proposed map for a Dragon Knight campaign. Not as confident working in colour, hence the lack of more detail.
View attachment 43977

I like "some" of the color on the map. I'm not sure I like the bright red for the main land mass though. Something a bit less bright maybe would be better. At least in my opinion.

I like "some" of the color on the map. I'm not sure I like the bright red for the main land mass though. Something a bit less bright maybe would be better. At least in my opinion.

More than fair! I wanted to do a monochrome map because I dislike some of the tools on this CC3 map set, but it is rather garish.

More than fair! I wanted to do a monochrome map because I dislike some of the tools on this CC3 map set, but it is rather garish.
Red also isn't working for me but it does have the nice feature of making it clear the color is not indicative of terrain. Tan would look good but then might give the impression of lack of forests.
There does seem to be some miscommunication regarding color. The blue does seem to be indicating terrain type. The red doesn't. It isn't consistent.

Red also isn't working for me but it does have the nice feature of making it clear the color is not indicative of terrain. Tan would look good but then might give the impression of lack of forests.
There does seem to be some miscommunication regarding color. The blue does seem to be indicating terrain type. The red doesn't. It isn't consistent.

Great feedback, thank you. I turned on some of the sheet effects and it does look a little less busy now, with the landmass more defined. I would have changed the red a bit more, but unfortunately I can't change the mountain colour as easily and don't want to have to do all over again. I'll look for a tool to mass-change them if possible. It's a shame I don't like the vegetation options on this set, as I would like to delineate forests.
THUNDER'S REACHc1.PNG

Last tweaking I'm doing on these. Hex and non-hex versions. I'm pleased enough with how it turned out. Will work on more full-colour maps.
THUNDERREACH (1).pngTHUNDERREACHhex (1).png

Great feedback, thank you. I turned on some of the sheet effects and it does look a little less busy now, with the landmass more defined. I would have changed the red a bit more, but unfortunately I can't change the mountain colour as easily and don't want to have to do all over again. I'll look for a tool to mass-change them if possible. It's a shame I don't like the vegetation options on this set, as I would like to delineate forests.
View attachment 43979
I like the more muted colors of this map vs the two with and without hexes. I am partial to hexes though
That's just my personal preference which may more may not be info you're after here.

Last edited:
Easy enough to slap some hexes on it! Now that I look at it after a sleep, I'm not as enamored as I once was but could still get some use someday. Now, to find a game that supports Dragon-riding chivalric Knights....
THUNDERREACHgoodhex (1).png

Easy enough to slap some hexes on it! Now that I look at it after a sleep, I'm not as enamored as I once was but could still get some use someday. Now, to find a game that supports Dragon-riding chivalric Knights....
View attachment 44004
I was going to write a kids setting where dragon riding knights would clash with goblins in all shapes and sizes, more mischievous/Labyrinth/muppets than typical greenskins. You could throw in undead knights/dragons as a third faction, plus other nations for a more 'mature' game.

I was going to write a kids setting where dragon riding knights would clash with goblins in all shapes and sizes, more mischievous/Labyrinth/muppets than typical greenskins. You could throw in undead knights/dragons as a third faction, plus other nations for a more 'mature' game.

There are surprisingly fewer games for Dragon-riders than I would have expected. There were a couple of FATE based ones I was checking out, but they don't seem to have been finished.

Criminally neglected, I say.

What system are you planning to use these with?
Just kind of noodling around at work with these, but I was thinking they could just be dropped into any RPG that uses levels, HD, AC etc without much work. I kept "Mod" pretty vague so that you could use any of the classic attribute bonuses or a separate score.

I'm imagining Corruption as being a 7th attribute that begins at zero and grows through use of magic, triggering unpleasant effects at certain set numbers. "At 5 you gain a temporary ghoulish aspect, 10 a permanent one and 20 you become a Ghoul and are removed from play," something like that, and you "burn" a certain amount of Corruption each day, with additional points mitigated by visiting a church/temple/other beneficent acts.

I do now! The dungeon's "secrets" are still visible, so they'd have to be erased if it was to be a player-facing map.

View attachment 46230
I'm considering turning this into a module in fantasy grounds using line of sight so most of those issues would be taken care of. The secret doors are more of an issue but that I can fix.

Did you have envisioned encounters for this? I can put those in or make up my own if you don't.
Not really, the only thing I had planned was a trap in room 9 that shot water from 11 when the wrong lever was pulled, some sort of acid or drowning thing.

I’d love to see what you come up with!

Not really, the only thing I had planned was a trap in room 9 that shot water from 11 when the wrong lever was pulled, some sort of acid or drowning thing.

I’d love to see what you come up with!
If I get this done I was thinking about putting it up on Fantasy Grounds Forge for free just to get some adventure design/FG integration feedback. Would you have any objections assuming I give attribution for the map?

If I get this done I was thinking about putting it up on Fantasy Grounds Forge for free just to get some adventure design/FG integration feedback. Would you have any objections assuming I give attribution for the map?

Not at all, I’m just happy the map’s being used!

So, I grabbed Hex Kit a while back and finally got around to using it. Coming from Hexographer, it took a little studying to actually be able to make maps, especially with the 'layers', but I think the result is fantastic. I love the icons (these are just the free ones that come with it), they really hit my aesthetic preference.

I also really love the Coast tile-set, and it's easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Anyways, here's a Gloomy Italy.

Goolmyitalypost (1).jpg

Maps for Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7e v1.x spelljammers. Google drive link to a folder of 4 maps, greyscale, 1 to 4 mb size jpg file each map. Post by phone so nothing fancy.

These are built from the deckplans WWII battleships & subs with chunks from a Traveller starship deckplan couple hundred geomoroph pdf mixed in. Ships range from 200 to 600 meters in length, approximate.

It all began when the players wanted to lead a boarding action against the G.M.B.S.P.S Botany Bay (gnomish marine biologist space pirate ship, with a stealth cloaked light scout tank in the mess hall for no rational reason, its that kind of silly) while it was on a 10 minute self destruct count down. Needing something appropriately cramped & cluttered, not finding anything decent online, I snagged a chunk of U.S.S. Iowa deckplan to use. Then I kept making them.

After recently finishing #4 I went a little insane and started in on the Ostentatious Display of Wealth, a 2 or 3 km long super luxury liner. That one's not done yet. The hovercraft race track around the outside edge of the ship is going to be annoying.

Been asked to introduce two separate groups to the joys of RPGs. Here is the hexcrawl map I plan to use, The Haunted Hills. I really like the idea of the mythic underworld, and I'm I can apply the same theme to an overland campaigns as well. The farther you get from, "civilization," the weirder things get. Here, so close the the westernmost province of The Realm, things aren't so weird but if the setting ever gets expanded I plan to really escalate it.

This is the player's map, I plan to add lairs and other features but, since I'm lazy I'll just end up using Caves of Chaos.

HauntedHills.png

When you say really weird is "The Parliament" the locale of a funkadelic kingdom dedicated to bringing the funk? :smile: We do need the funk, bring us the funk....or just to be inspired, a city run by Bards :smile:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back