Kindle Scribe for RPG PDFs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Bunch

The other Mods are geese!
Reaction score
Anyone purchase a Kindle Scribe? If so how's it do for RPG PDFs?

It's the first one with the level of resolution and physical size that looks good to me. I'm very tempted to save up any gift cards I get this Xmas and pick one up.

Hoping for gamer reviews before I do.

I'm looking at either the Kindle Scribe or Kobo Elipsa so also hoping to see some user experiences here. I imagine the experience is quite different for full colour vs line art only books?

I'm looking at either the Kindle Scribe or Kobo Elipsa so also hoping to see some user experiences here. I imagine the experience is quite different for full colour vs line art only books?
There's also a 13.3" PDF only reader that I think is only sold overseas that looks interesting but it's I believe only 20p dpi vs 300 for the Scribe. I want 13.3 with 300 dpi in my fantasyland.

Based on being able to link Dropbox with the kobo and being able to write on the PDF's without the "send to kindle" hassle I'm leaning to the Kobo despite the lower screen dpi.

As long as I can read Mythras on it I'll be happy.

I'm bumping this in case anyone has purchased on and experienced how it does with RPG PDFs.

Anything to report?

First I've heard of these but it sounds interesting.

Following... I'm looking for a new PDF reader too. I have a Samsung tablet which is decent but it's pretty old.

I got the Kobo Elipsa, it's OK if you install the 3rd party KOreader app.

The default pdf reader is too hard to navigate but KOreader let's you set it to read by column. But it's a pain to reference multiple areas of a book.

I wouldn't recommend for RPG PDF's unless you also read a lot of ebooks or enjoy idly drawing dungeons or using the notebook feature.

I tend to use Foxit as you can open multiple pdf's at once, and flick between them.

I keep looking at the Boox for this- mostly because it's more open.

Amazon product

Just can't pull the trigger for some reason...

I keep looking at the Boox for this- mostly because it's more open.

Amazon product

Just can't pull the trigger for some reason...

I have a little 6" Boox that I use for pdfs. It's fantastic; loads really quickly even with massive pdfs. Interface is not very intuitive but if you've got the patience to poke around until you get the hang of it (or, heaven forfend, you read instructions) it's great.

I haven't found anything that can beat just a standard iPad with Goodreader, the best pdf tablet app in the Milky Way Galaxy.

I haven't found anything that can beat just a standard iPad with Goodreader, the best pdf tablet app in the Milky Way Galaxy.
I was using the iPad with Goodreader, but when I got to Android and Xodo found I didn't really miss it. Goodreader was best on Apple/iOS, but Xodo and Moon+ reader surpass it in a few areas and rival it in all others.

I have a little 6" Boox that I use for pdfs. It's fantastic; loads really quickly even with massive pdfs. Interface is not very intuitive but if you've got the patience to poke around until you get the hang of it (or, heaven forfend, you read instructions) it's great.
Is your 6" android? That's one of the other reasons that I'm looking at Boox is that it's one of the only epaper ones that also gives you an android experience.

I’ve bee. Using pdf expert for years. How is good reader better?

I’ll have to check out the scribe.

Is your 6" android? That's one of the other reasons that I'm looking at Boox is that it's one of the only epaper ones that also gives you an android experience.
Yes, it is, though it's not quite the same as using a normal android tablet. At least the way I have it set up, there are all sorts of options I've ignored.

I was using the iPad with Goodreader, but when I got to Android and Xodo found I didn't really miss it. Goodreader was best on Apple/iOS, but Xodo and Moon+ reader surpass it in a few areas and rival it in all others.
Yeah, I use a 10" samsung with Xodo. The only thing I wish they would add is flip pages with the volume up/down buttons.

The comic book reader I use has that, and it is so much easier than swiping screen.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back