Kingdom Death

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
:shock:

hang on... technically... he... moonwalks..!?!

no wonder my survivors all bowed before him. The King of Pop indeed...?

And then there's the action where he causes strobe lights... hee hee

The Kingdom Death website lists only the currently sold stock. Is there a master list of minis somewhere the fans keep?

God damn. I need a higher income.

Have there been any other boutique mini/board games produced, like Kingdom Death: Monster?

God damn. I need a higher income.

Have there been any other boutique mini/board games produced, like Kingdom Death: Monster?

Nothing quite like it insofar as the mix of gameplay, lore, and exquisitely-sculpted miniatures. There are aspects of gameplay that KD innovated that I've seen show up in boardgames since, there's been some games that have beautiful minis, and there's been some really effective horror co-op games, but Kingdom Death maintains a pretty unique individual identity.

I convinced my wife to play with me!

So far we’ve done the Prologue and the first hunt. She’s a good luck charm, rolling more crits in 2 sessions than I ever did for en entire campaign.

She is liking it so far and is pretty good at it! This is reminding me of the good old days when we were child-free and playing Arkham Horror on a regular basis.

I’m very psyched...

Website just got a restock. All original expansions seem to be up, along with some encore figures and card sleeves

I'll wait until the next Black Friday. I'm still reeling from the 500$ CAD for the core game anyway.

I'll wait until the next Black Friday. I'm still reeling from the 500$ CAD for the core game anyway.
Yeah, that's what I do for the expansions. None of them are limited runs. I just took the opportunity to grab some narrative sculpts for Survivors, which I prefer over the Armour Kits - in this case, the Lantern Guard and Pinup Order Knight. I only wish they did more proxies for Male survivors. But the 10th Anniversary Survivors set was really nice at least

wait...$500? Did you end up paying the USPS extortion fees?
Yep. I just didn’t have the time or logistics to sort it out. The office I would have had to visit in Ottawa is at the international airport, which is a solid 40 min drive from my home.

edit: 500$ CAD. Never ordering anything from the USA again unless I have a guarantee that UPS isn’t in charge, the motherfuckers.

Last edited:
So, is Hip Width an attribute? What combat advantages does it provide?
5ad37d8a55a5e222759495.png

So, if I understand, (some? of) those are models in "exaggerated" [...] "pinup" anime styles, based on things that are in the game, but not meant to be what the literal game world is like. So it's for anime pinup people who are also into that RPG setting, which _is_ surreal, but not anime?

Is the low use of pants also not part of the official game setting?

So, if I understand, (some? of) those are models in "exaggerated" [...] "pinup" anime styles, based on things that are in the game, but not meant to be what the literal game world is like. So it's for anime pinup people who are also into that RPG setting, which _is_ surreal, but not anime?

Is the low use of pants also not part of the official game setting?

Well, in the game, the minis look like this...

Survivors%2Bunite%2521.png

It's basically a Classical creation myth , and you essentially start as cavemen/women. As your civilization progresses, you get access to fur/bone/leather and eventually metal armour.

The art in the game does have an anime aesthetic, but not as exaggerated as the pinupn lines of minis. However, yes, your cavemen tend to wear scraps of cloth rather than pants, at least until their society evolves.

Some of the monsters and characters can be pretty damn thick, even in the non-pinup versions. Most of the chicks in this game have back for days and they don’t mind showing it.

Usually to get to the “physically impossible” proportions, you have to get a pinup version though.

so I was sleeving cards and took a peek at the Phoenix. That encounter, above all others, should teach players that this game is about learning to appreciate losing.

It also teaches you that every single benefit in the game has a terrible downside.

This game is pure cynical nihilism in a decadent boxed set.

I still love it, though, but you can bet that I occasionally look the other way when I roll a 1.

so I was sleeving cards and took a peek at the Phoenix. That encounter, above all others, should teach players that this game is about learning to appreciate losing.

It also teaches you that every single benefit in the game has a terrible downside.

This game is pure cynical nihilism in a decadent boxed set.

I still love it, though, but you can bet that I occasionally look the other way when I roll a 1.

A spoiler revelation about the Phoenix

The Phoenix's time manipulation powers has the capacity to set the game back to the beginning. In Monster 1.0 before the Gold Smoke Knight was added, the endgame situation was the Watcher. After you defeated him, you found out that he represented an entity that was protecting/cultivating your tribe. Losing that protection, the endgame (before Lantern Festival expansion was released was that the tribe would then be attacked by more and more powerful monsters until they were hunted to extinction. The "win" strategy at this point was to get the Phoenix nto reset the timeline.

With 1.5, the Phoenix's ability is still used to create what is referred to as "New Game Plus" (NG+), meaning you start over, but with experienced fully-equipped warriors. This is advantageous when trying to pull off especially tricky game tasks like aquiring the Green Knight Armour

This game looks very interesting. Not only for its intriguing concepts but also for those great minis that are potentially helpful for... huh... "calming" oneself from a stressful workday. :shade:
It's true: building minis was nearly meditative. There are some frustrations here and there (really, REALLY tiny pieces, or trying to get a figure made of three main "chunks" to connect without seam gaps) but otherwise it has been a treat.

It's true: building minis was nearly meditative. There are some frustrations here and there (really, REALLY tiny pieces, or trying to get a figure made of three main "chunks" to connect without seam gaps) but otherwise it has been a treat.

I thought the Phoenix hands were bad, then I did the Lonekly Tree...my god

So, is Hip Width an attribute? What combat advantages does it provide?
5ad37d8a55a5e222759495.png

Can I see a back view of this mini for...aesthetic reasons? :heart:

so I was sleeving cards

I'm thinking of investing in slereves, just to give the game a bit of durability. Any suggestions? I know the official KSD brand ones are crap. I was looking at Paladin since they have a KD bundle, but then foiund out they don't deliver to Canada. Ultra-Pro seems nice, but not sure if that little hologram sticker on every sleeve would annoy the hell out of me. And then there's the FFG ones, which seem OK?

I'm thinking of investing in slereves, just to give the game a bit of durability. Any suggestions? I know the official KSD brand ones are crap. I was looking at Paladin since they have a KD bundle, but then foiund out they don't deliver to Canada. Ultra-Pro seems nice, but not sure if that little hologram sticker on every sleeve would annoy the hell out of me. And then there's the FFG ones, which seem OK?

I’ve been using the FFG ones. They work fine so far.

the “green” package standard american ones.

no sleeves for the equipment cards though :sad:

I’ve been using the FFG ones. They work fine so far.

That space at the top of them isn't an annoyance?

My main worry about FFG is that I know the company is having issues right now; if years down the line I need more for new expansions and whatnot I'd hate it if they were unavailable ad I suddenly had to switch to a new brand

no sleeves for the equipment cards though :sad:

Those I was less concerned about because I keep them in a coin binder and only take them out occasionally to slip in 3x3 binder sheets for the gear grid

The Settlement cards otoh I'm thinking of just laminating

I've purchased from Sleve Kings in the past year and have been impressed with the quality.

EDIT: though they've had restocking delayed because of COVID-19 affecting their factory in China. So, their selection might be a little limited until mid- to late-March.

That space at the top of them isn't an annoyance?
´Just realized i never replied to this.

I wasn’t annoyed by it, but I can see why others would be.

The FFG sleeves were out of convenience. I can get them relatively cheaply FROM the FLGS down the street from my home and they’ve never let me down in terms of quality.

edited for clarity and stupidity

Last edited:
I've purchased from Sleve Kings in the past year and have been impressed with the quality.

EDIT: though they've had restocking delayed because of COVID-19 affecting their factory in China. So, their selection might be a little limited until mid- to late-March.

Yeah, I looked at Sleeve Kings, Swan Panasia, Dragonsleeves, and May-something, but they all would require ordering from the States, which seriously ups the cost-to-value ratio for something I need around 1200 of just for the base game and expansions I currentlty have.

Currently the closest LGS to me that has a list of their inventory online caries Ultra-Pros and FFGs of the right size, and the convenience of being able to go and buy them over waiting weeks for delivery is the deciding factor. I think FFG will win out in the end just because the extra top space seems like less of an annoyance than a little hologram sticker (why? why would they do that?)

I did end up ordering from the Canadian online retailer Boardgamebliss, these two packs from Paladin, which were specifically designed to fit the oversized Kingdom Death Settlement Location and Settlement Event cards:

KD boardgamebliss Mordred sleeves.png

KD boardgamebliss Morholt sleeves.png

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back