Login Issues

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
Hey all

For tbe past week I've been getting an error when trying to login via FB on my iPhone 6 and LG Tablet:

"Login Failed: You can't use Facebook to log into this app or website because there's an issue with its implementation of Facebook Login.--"

I tried to Login with Google but it got complicated as it recognized my Google account email was associated with the FB account and wanted me to associate them from the first account. Tried Discord and got an Application Error message on the Tablet and iPhone. Tried to create a new account using an old email address to login and tell y'all about the issues and that worked, the system seems to have recognized and associated the 'new' account with my original account!

I think he's figured out were banning him....

I kid! I kid! It's just you're higher up on all the Pub metrics so u had to find a way to slow you down and let me catch up!

Is there anyone else that uses Facebook to login encountering this issue?

I have a Facebook account and did a test and it works fine. Not sure what the issue is.

I'll try on my desktop once I'm home and see if it is an issue on there.

I'm having issues reaching the site from my wifi network but not via Verizon.

It's wierd because it is just Rpgpub.com. a traceroute just goes in an infinite loop.

I'm having issues reaching the site from my wifi network but not via Verizon.

It's wierd because it is just Rpgpub.com. a traceroute just goes in an infinite loop.

3rik 3rik reported the same issue. It sounds like a breakage in the Internets near where the Pub server is located. Depending on the route your ISP takes to the Pub, you may or may not be fine. If you could post a copy of that traceroute, I'd like to see it.

3rik 3rik reported the same issue. It sounds like a breakage in the Internets near where the Pub server is located. Depending on the route your ISP takes to the Pub, you may or may not be fine. If you could post a copy of that traceroute, I'd like to see it.
I pulled the first two lines but here's an image of the rest of the trace

Screenshot from 2020-02-09 16-08-41-01.jpeg

Yeah, that's a breakdown at NetActuate's Ashburn, Virgina datacenter. That's, not so coincidentally, where the RPG Pub's server is located. Unfortunately, there's not much we (or even our hosting provider) can do about it until NetActuate fixes it.
Could you be a pal and call them and tell them they suck donkey balls for me? K. Thanks.

I've been having a similar problem where my PC's can't access the site at all, but my phone can.

Clear your browser(s) cache and cookies. If you're using Microsoft Windows, open up a Command Prompt, and type: ipconfig /flushdns

If you're using Apple macOS, open up Terminal, and type: sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder;sudo killall mDNSResponderHelper;sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

If you clear your browser's cache and cookies, and flush your computer's DNS cache, and still have issues, let me know.

I'm BACK!!!! The site wouldn't load at all for me, not on my cell phone either. I could only contact the admins by email. Not sure which guys I mailed with but thanks for the support! One was Lunar Ronin Apparition.

Clear your browser(s) cache and cookies. If you're using Microsoft Windows, open up a Command Prompt, and type: ipconfig /flushdns

If you're using Apple macOS, open up Terminal, and type: sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder;sudo killall mDNSResponderHelper;sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

If you clear your browser's cache and cookies, and flush your computer's DNS cache, and still have issues, let me know.
I did this but it didn't help.

Only just now, out of the blue, I suddenly managed to load the Pub again! Geez! That's what, four days without the Pub? It stopped working shortly after 1:14 am Sunday and it's 3:45 am Thursday now...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Apparition is one who really helped you, 3rik. He knows all the tricks. Glad to see you back.

Didn't work. Sometimes I can't even access the pub over WiFi, I have to use cell data instead. It says that the connection has timed out or that it isn't responding.

Didn't work. Sometimes I can't even access the pub over WiFi, I have to use cell data instead. It says that the connection has timed out or that it isn't responding.

All right. The next step is to rule out your ISP's DNS server as the issue. Please go here. Scroll down to where it says "Setup on PC." Make sure that Windows is selected. The first instruction should be "Click on the Start menu, then click on Control Panel." Follow the first ten steps. Then, just to be on the safe side, reboot your computer. Then try going to the Pub again.

Please let me know if that works.

I didn't get to try that. I'm able to logon on my PC again. Don't know what I did, if anything.

Good to hear. The fixes NetActuate made just took several days to propagate throughout the Internets because some DNS servers are slower to update than others.

Good to hear. The fixes NetActuate made just took several days to propagate throughout the Internets because some DNS servers are slower to update than others.
Yeah I'm back too!

Minutes after I placed my last post in this thread the site stopped working again. I just now managed to get back on, AGAIN.

I posted a joke to this thread eight days ago, and then I got nothing but timeouts from Friday to last night. (I posted on the weekend from a remote bunker with a different internet connection.)

Posting to this thread is apparently bad luck. So I'm going to do it again just to be sure. If you don't see me here for five days, you'll know it really is a cursed thread.

I posted a joke to this thread eight days ago, and then I got nothing but timeouts from Friday to last night. (I posted on the weekend from a remote bunker with a different internet connection.)

Posting to this thread is apparently bad luck. So I'm going to do it again just to be sure. If you don't see me here for five days, you'll know it really is a cursed thread.
Basically the same was happening to me, only I was posting in the Real Life thread about our new and very silent washing machine. So, it's not this thread doing it.

Had to switch phones and somehow that led to Google forgetting a number of my pws so when I requested a pw reset it reactivated my VorosRisen account?

Is there anyway to merge this account to my original Voros account so I don't lose my ever-important post count?

Ah man and here I was thinking the forum had turned into a Shonen Anime and the big posters were achieving their second forms. I was eagerly awaiting TristramAscended, EdgeGod, Hyper-Nobby, Dumarest no Kami, Baulderstone G-form.

Had to switch phones and somehow that led to Google forgetting a number of my pws so when I requested a pw reset it reactivated my VorosRisen account?

Is there anyway to merge this account to my original Voros account so I don't lose my ever-important post count?

Is your Voros email correct? I can send a password reset to that email.

Is your Voros email correct? I can send a password reset to that email.

It is correct, but when I did the reset it activated this VorosRisen account. Odd. Not a big deal but maybe worth a shot.

I sent the email for a password reset.

I see three names with “Voros” in them. If those are all yours, is there a particular reason you have so many accounts? I can delete them if you want.

I sent the email for a password reset.

I see three names with “Voros” in them. If those are all yours, is there a particular reason you have so many accounts? I can delete them if you want.

Yes you can delete them, I think I created a few extra accounts when I was locked out and trying to get back in.

Ah man and here I was thinking the forum had turned into a Shonen Anime and the big posters were achieving their second forms. I was eagerly awaiting TristramAscended, EdgeGod, Hyper-Nobby, Dumarest no Kami, Baulderstone G-form.
Technically, Nobby-W has ascended. It's the name of my first ever (and only) ascended Nethack character.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back