Looks like Amazon is saving The Expanse

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The final deal isn't signed yet, but Amazon wants to do season four according to The Hollywood Reporter. Apparently Bezos is a big fan of the books and was upset Amazon didn't get the show in the first place. Must be nice to be able to bail out your favorite show out-of-pocket.
Must be better to be able to do it and take a tax deduction for any losses.

Taking Bezos' money.

No thanks. He's a steaming thundercunt and I hope he dies in a fire

Yup, looks like it’s time to break down and subscribe.

If it makes you feel better, I don't think you need to take his money to watch the show. I'm pretty sure it's the traditional model where he takes your money.
Even torrenting his shit is more than he deserves. I'll stick with the books anyway since the show has completely miscast the characters. Alex, for example, is meant to be balding and fat and middle aged ffs.

Even torrenting his shit is more than he deserves. I'll stick with the books anyway since the show has completely miscast the characters. Alex, for example, is meant to be balding and fat and middle aged ffs.
Your loss.

If it makes you feel better, I don't think you need to take his money to watch the show. I'm pretty sure it's the traditional model where he takes your money.
I'm just being snide. Accounting for movies and TV is I believe notorious for producing paper losses. I'd love to be able to produce my favorite shows, somehow both make money and get a tax loss.

So, think they'll release the next season all at once? Or week by week?

I realize they'll probably do it all at once, and that makes me sad. I mean, I'll take more of The Expanse however Amazon decides to do it, but I really enjoy the weekly discussions of the episodes and the speculation. Instead, I'll have to avoid all discussion and I'll miss that. I'm not a binger...I don't have that amount of time and I don't enjoy binging.

It wouldn't be completely unprecedented for them to release it week-by-week - that's how The Grand Tour comes out.

So, think they'll release the next season all at once? Or week by week?

I realize they'll probably do it all at once, and that makes me sad. I mean, I'll take more of The Expanse however Amazon decides to do it, but I really enjoy the weekly discussions of the episodes and the speculation. Instead, I'll have to avoid all discussion and I'll miss that. I'm not a binger...I don't have that amount of time and I don't enjoy binging.
I feel that streaming services do themselves a disservice by releasing their new shows all at one. It really cuts down on the amount of Internet buzz they generate, partly because its harder to talk about a show when people are wary of spoilers from people who have watched farther. It also means that the period of buzz rarely lasts more than a week or two, as opposed to the 10 weeks of buzz that HBO would get out of Game of Thrones when it was at its height, with each week's episode setting off more discussion.

I get why a lot of viewers enjoy having them available all at once, but it is a poor move from a promotional angle.

I feel that streaming services do themselves a disservice by releasing their new shows all at one. It really cuts down on the amount of Internet buzz they generate, partly because its harder to talk about a show when people are wary of spoilers from people who have watched farther. It also means that the period of buzz rarely lasts more than a week or two, as opposed to the 10 weeks of buzz that HBO would get out of Game of Thrones when it was at its height, with each week's episode setting off more discussion.

I get why a lot of viewers enjoy having them available all at once, but it is a poor move from a promotional angle.

I get that... I also prefer to be able to binge watch. I'm not a guy who dislikes spoilers though. Knowing what happens has never ruined an experience for me. I will often seek spoilers and still be awe about how things play out.

I'm a mutant... I know.

I get that... I also prefer to be able to binge watch. I'm not a guy who dislikes spoilers though. Knowing what happens has never ruined an experience for me. I will often seek spoilers and still be awe about how things play out.

I'm a mutant... I know.
Nothing wrong with that. As I said, I get the luxury of having a whole season of a show available to watch. With cable show that I like that aren't incredibly high profile, I tend to let them back up in my DVR for a while before starting a new season, so once I get started, I don't find myself having to wait a whole week for a new one.

I was just looking at it from the cold, abstract view of how buzz tends to work on the Internet. For example, Cobra Kai just got a respectable amount of buzz for Youtube Red, but I think it would have gotten them a lot more attention if they had played that out over ten weeks. That said, I really enjoyed being able to watch it in two sittings.

While I am on the topic of Cobra Kai, props for making a streaming show with a half-hour length. Too many of these shows use their luxury of not being on a schedule to have ponderous pacing that struggles to fill an hour.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back