Lords of Gossamer - Is it Kaput?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

FreeGamer

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I checked Rite Publishing's site and DTRPG, and it looks like the last time they published anything for anything was December 31, 2019. Had to go about it that way because their actual website is next to useless - one of those quick "eh, good enough" jobs that just stopped getting updated at some point way back. Like it literally only has 2(of the over 20) Gossamer Worlds supplements listed at all. And I see unanswered questions - not even difficult questions; if you're the publisher, you'd know the answers kind of stuff - under some of their products, so it looks like they've either not gotten(or not paid attention to) their DTRPG notifications for at least a couple years.

So with the evidence at hand, I think the company is more or less dead(just alive enough to collect those DTRPG royalties, probably), and more material is likely not forthcoming unless someone else takes up the reins. I'm curious if this has to do with Pathfinder 2e, since they also look to have been a prolific producer of Pathfinder 1e material. 12 pages of search results for Rite Publishing, and tons of it are adventure paths and a Pathways "magazine" that ran for at least 50 issues.

finarvyn

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the game back in the day because the concept of an authorized successor to ADRP really intrigued me. Sadly, the setting just didn't grab me the way Zelazny's world did. I assume that much of my love of ADRP is simply Zelazny-nostalgia and not just the rules set.

urbwar

Legendary Member
Reaction score
The company founder passed away. His wife oversaw completion of their last kickstarter (since it had funded a few months before he died). I'm pretty sure that's why there is nothing new being released. His wife is probably focused on raising their daughter, as she was pregnant when her husband was killed in an auto accident

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com