Loving it Here

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I’ve always hated men’s sandals (even when I was a kid) and I don’t know why.

I hate that little string in between the toes. It just really really annoys me. Even thinking about it

And I hate the squishy sound they make walking around the pool when they've gotten wet

I used to conflate 99 cent flip flops with decent walking sandals (e.g. tacky and gross) until I learned there is a world of difference between the two. That said, I will be the first to agree that sandals aren't for everyone. If you don't take care of your feet, i.e. hygiene, manicure, moisturize, etc then don't wear sandals in public.

Um, I went to school in Dover, NJ. It was a'rite.

I can't imagine how bad Virginia must be for that to seem like Paradise though...

I visited New Jersey in 2012 and it was awesome.

Roanoke, Virginia is a hellhole. And you know how I feel about hellholes...

I’ve always been a sock person myself. Always felt bare feet were ... unnatural.

Only time I’ve worn sandals were at the beach, and they have to be the kind with a strap for the heel so they don’t flap around all loose and shit. Feet coverings are meant to be snug, goddammit.

I don't mind being barefooted but due to trash, sharp objects or 100 to 115 degree temps, I learned that foot protection was good. Since the 1960's I've always had a secondary old pair of Van Dorens (Vans, yeah I'm old been wearing those since the company was founded) that I've used for the beach, lakes, rivers etc. It's paid off repeatedly due to that rubber soul to protect my feet.

The only time I'd take them off was while relaxing in a chair or on a towel, or while surfing/knee boarding or swimming. Once slip ons came out in the later 1970's those became my beach/water shoe of choice since they didn't have laces to deal with. Of course now a days you have wet shoes or whatever they're called that I outfitted our children with when they were little.

These days even though I still have the standby worn out Vans slip ons, I've taken to wearing a pair of Columbia Omni Grip slip ons for most activities that require quick wear shoes that might get wet. Used a lot on decks of boats and for fishing.

https://www.columbia.com/p/mens-pfg-bahama-vent-shoe-1673141.html?dwvar_1673141_color=049&pos=13

You step on a fishing hook or a nail, you tend to learn your lesson as a child. Or once I got caught without my Vans down at the cove on the Colorado River. Had to walk up from the cove to our trailer about a mile a way up a hill. The temps were 110-ish, by the time I got up to the trailer my feet were bleeding from the hot rocks/desert ground. lol. Lesson learned! We were pulling the boat out of the dock for storage up at the trailer before heading back to Southern California and like the idiot I was I left the damn Vans in the boat as we pull it out of the water. They drove away leaving me to walk back to the trailer.

Those days taught me to protect my feet and hands for that matter, you depends on the damn things too much. Took that mind set into the military and it served me well. Saw idiots get all sorts of feet and hand issues, like trench foot etc, I never had any of those issues. Also would go in extra for better boots versus the issued crap boots.

I hate that little string in between the toes. It just really really annoys me. Even thinking about it

And I hate the squishy sound they make walking around the pool when they've gotten wet

That's why I started wearing my worn out Vans. lol I couldn't stand the between the toes thing nor the heel flapping around.

How very Swo'
I log on this morning, and it's all foot attire in here.
You just never know what banter is happening here in The Pub, but occasionally it's rpg-related :grin:

(By the way, down here we call your 'flip flops' 'Thongs', definately not to be confused with what many call 'thongs' elsewhere!)

Last edited:
How very Swo'
You just never know what banter is happening here in The Pub, but occasionally it's rpg-related :grin:

By the way, dwn here we call your 'flip flops', 'Thongs', definately not to be excused with what many call thongs elsewhere
Yeah you don't want to see me wear a thong. That picture worries even me.

How very Swo'

(By the way, down here we call your 'flip flops' 'Thongs', definately not to be confused with what many call 'thongs' elsewhere!)

Yeah you don't want to see me wear a thong. That picture worries even me.
Fortunately they're called Jandals where I come from. I, too, feel that most of my onlyfolks would be traumatised seeing me in a thong.

As the original 'founder' of Swo, there is no explaining Swo, except to say that Swo found us.
It's a moment in time here at the Pub that captures the underlying goofing-off lampoon humour pervading throughout the forum, one of our defining features from the more pedestrian rpg forums out there. We're not the crowd to take things too seriously.
Except for Swo and Geese.
Swo and Geese, they are big things here. I'll let others explain the Geese, but I'll just try to define Swo.

Swo has POW 25, CHA 30, and AC 19.
It makes no sense, and yet makes perfect sense
It's both the blue pill and the red pill
Once you dig Swo, you cannot undig it
And if you dig Swo, then you are Pub and Pub is you :thumbsup:
heh heh :grin:

Last edited:
Swo is a memetic plague, an extradimensional invader. It broke through to our reality in Mankam's thread but has since worked hard to colonise this board. In time it will escape via it's memetic vectors to other boards and soon the internet will be Swo.

Only the presence of digital geese has been seen to offer any counter to it's virulent spread.

As the original 'founder' of Swo, there is no explaining Swo, except to say that Swo found us.
It's a moment in time here at the Pub that captures the underlying goofing-off lampoon humour pervading throughout the forum, one of our defining features from the more pedestrian rpg forums out there. We're not the crowd to take things too seriously.
Except for Swo and Geese.
Swo and Geese, they are big things here. I'll let others explain the Geese, but I'll just try to define Swo.

Swo has POW 25, CHA 30, and AC 19.
It makes no sense, and yet makes perfect sense
It's both the blue pill and the red pill
Once you dig Swo, you cannot undig it
And if you dig Swo, then you are Pub and Pub is you :thumbsup:
heh heh :grin:
Are you so quick to forget our lord and savior Geedis?!?

How very Swo'

Speaking of thongs, has anyone ever seen someone on the beach wearing an “Aztec sling” or “slingshot bikini”, I guess sometimes called a micro thong?
DA0FB69A-1506-4CBE-9390-116F23C84DDA.jpeg81D9F5F7-D376-4ACE-A4DE-9A6BAF93E708.jpeg2B10B4AA-156C-4AB6-85C1-D5DB425F479E.jpeg
It seems more like bedroom/sex club gear.

Last edited:
You haven't lived until you've seen a nude obese German man bend over to dry himself two metres from you. My brother and I will never recover from that trip to Galway beach in 2010.
Just about every time I use a gym locker room I see something weird or people acting like they are in their home bathroom. Just one example off the top of my head, at my local gym old Vietnamese men like to dry their genitals with the hand dryer. In fact this whole Covid thing made me reconsider gyms altogether and I have not renewed my membership.

There is a sad lack of microkinis even here in Southern California where it's natural to expect such things.

Just about every time I use a gym locker room I see something weird or people acting like they are in their home bathroom. Just one example off the top of my head, at my local gym old Vietnamese men like to dry their genitals with the hand dryer. In fact this whole Covid thing made me reconsider gyms altogether and I have not renewed my membership.

There is a sad lack of microkinis even here in Southern California where it's natural to expect such things.
I'm curious if they think the pictograph of push button implies a vibrating hand job to the....

As opposed to the totally logical interpretation that if you push the button you'll receive bacon.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back