Lyonesse Update

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Loz

Legendary Member
Reaction score
It's almost, almost here.

More proofs arrived today, and here are some pictures of both the hardcover POD version, and the softcover.

Lyonesse Side by Side 1.jpg (294.15KiB)

The quality of both is very good. The ink on the softcover interior seems a little heavier, and on mine, the top edge of the page border has been ever so slightly trimmed on the softcover - but that could be a local print house issue. There's no difference in the source files used.

Lyonesse Side by Side 2.jpg (153.1KiB)

I'm pleasantly surprised at how well built the softcover feels. The glue is very firm, the pages flip nicely with no fear that anything will detach, and it feels quite luxurious. We've used the premium quality paper in both versions, and it certainly lends to the book's overall production quality.

Lyonesse Side by Side 3.jpg (592.63KiB)

The hardcover will sell at US$79.99, and softcover at US$74.99. The PDF will be free, and you'll also receive a PDF of the three colour maps from the book, at a larger scale than in the main PDF. All the PDFs are internally hyperlinked (save for the Index), and bookmarked.

And we'll be making everything available for sale on Friday, 1st May. Watch this space for the announcements.

dbm

AFK
Reaction score
Looks gorgeous. Do you have UK distribution at this point?

Loz

Legendary Member
Reaction score
It'll be available through Aeon Games Publishing.

Reactions: dbm

Endless Flight

Owns A Few Brain Cells
Administrator
Reaction score
How much for just a PDF? I don’t really buy physical copies of anything any longer.

Mankcam

Coiner of Thread-Falls, & Inadvert Founder of Swo'
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for a lovely hardcover tome, and this one looks great.
(BRP is also one of my favourite systems, regardless of whether it's original system like RQG, or contemporary like Mythras)
Love the great classic fantasy vibe for this setting
Have been saving a few coins in anticipation :thumbsup:

1588128912276.png

Leon ap Hywel

Lord of Misrule
Reaction score
This will be my tester for future hard cover orders. Really optimistic about refilling my gaming shelf not the hard drive.

Edgewise

Legendary Member
Reaction score
See, page borders like that are how you properly dress up a design! Not fake aged scroll backgrounds that require full-color printing and make you squint. I hate that shit and I love this shit.
I find POD hardcovers can be iffy, so I am going to go with the softcover since it sounds like its good quality.
Yeah, that's very true. Although $75 seems a bit pricey for a softcover (as does $80 for POD hardcover, now that I think about it). But I'm torn because this looks like it would be really lovely to flip through.

Loz

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's very true. Although $75 seems a bit pricey for a softcover (as does $80 for POD hardcover, now that I think about it). But I'm torn because this looks like it would be really lovely to flip through.

The costs are set so that we can make a reasonable margin on the sales. Unit costs for POD books are always higher than with a traditional printer, so our margins and retail prices have to reflect the production cost we have to pay, and cut that goes to Drivethru. As there's a huge amount of uncertainty in the trad printing world with the lockdown (and our usual printer and distributor both being closed presently), the POD route is the best and most sensible way to get the book out there.

And curiously, the unit cost difference in soft and hard cover is only $5, which surprised me. It's driven mostly by the colour and paper weight, rather than cover and binding type.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com