Mage the Ascension: The Dark Ages (Freeform Game but based on a tabletop setting).

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It's settled; Nicaea, then.

Give me a bit to gather my creative juices; two days to a week or so...

Edit: Nevermind, I found the time to work on it.

Last edited:
Doc Sammy Doc Sammy , Fenris-77 Fenris-77 , apologies for this request, but can you make your posts a little longer? I won't ask much, just one five-line paragraph or two three-line paragraphs or the equivalents (because having everything be compressed into one or two paragraphs can be bad sometimes). Just give me a bit to work with.

You're also free to discuss the longer GM Posts (or the shorter ones, if interesting) in this OOC, btw.

What exactly are you looking for in terms of additional verbiage?

Well, introspection, more reasoning behind thoughts and actions, and descriptions of what they are casually doing, the attire wearing, and what items they have quickly on hand.

And also deeper insight into their political thought processes.

Ah, apologies! I'll withdraw my request, then.
That wasn't my point at all. I'm not interested in length for lengths sake though. If there's an adjudication reason or whatever then sure. Take my last IC post, Declan looked around the room to gauge reactions and he did some introspection. Both are things you could play off, both directly connect to the narrative at hand and both suggest future action based on whatever the result is. I just don't get why making that same post longer is useful. Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you are looking for.

That wasn't my point at all. I'm not interested in length for lengths sake though. If there's an adjudication reason or whatever then sure. Take my last IC post, Declan looked around the room to gauge reactions and he did some introspection. Both are things you could play off, both directly connect to the narrative at hand and both suggest future action based on whatever the result is. I just don't get why making that same post longer is useful. Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you are looking for.

Honestly, I just come from an RPing culture where Length = Quality or something like that and short posts are a sign of Bad GMing and sometimes, bad RPing. Sorry for making the wrong assumptions.

Honestly, I just come from an RPing culture where Length = Quality or something like that and short posts are a sign of Bad GMing and sometimes, bad RPing. Sorry for making the wrong assumptions.
Well, I think we'll be ok. You can be sure that I have no issues with lengthly posts. I do sometimes tend to the verbose.

Well, I think we'll be ok. You can be sure that I have no issues with lengthly posts. I do sometimes tend to the verbose.

Thanks! Note that I am okay with short posts now.

Also, IC response is coming next hour; mind if I show you a draft so I don't violate the lore? I have been too busy to do 'research' in-depth, you see...

Thanks! Note that I am okay with short posts now.

Also, IC response is coming next hour; mind if I show you a draft so I don't violate the lore? I have been too busy to do 'research' in-depth, you see...
Hah! I'm no lore master myself. I'll give it a read.

Mm. Ok? Declan will have all his standard kit with him and whatnot.

That works. Also, if you can get more people to join, or see an opportunity to do so, do tell me - More people mean more fodder for ideas, including interesting backstories!

Doc Sammy Doc Sammy Fenris-77 Fenris-77 :

Problem; I am in a creative drought/writer's block for this specific game - I am not sure how to respond with a post longer than a few lines or a small paragraph in my GM Post.

Would you two be okay with interacting with one another's OCs, btw? A conversation between William and Declan might rejuvenate my creative juices...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back