Resource icon

Magic World Form-fillable Character Sheet 2.3.2

No permission to download
Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Nick J

Members Only
Reaction score
Nick J submitted a new resource:

Magic World Form-fillable Character Sheet (Vanilla Hit Points) - A Magic World, 2 pages pdf character sheet that automagically calculates lots of stuffies

I've hosted this on BRP central for a couple of years and figured, "what the hey, I'll put it here too."

This is just a form-fillable sheet that uses a lot of javascript to calculate lots of things like damage bonus, major wound level, Characteristic Rolls, armor penalties, Characteristic Modifiers, skill totals, etc.

I got a wild hair and decided to finally finish these up.

(this version of the sheet uses the "vanilla Hit Points" method which is CON+SIZ/2).

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Nick J updated Magic World Form-fillable Character Sheet (Vanilla Hit Points) with a new update entry:

Updated the file to recalculate Hit Points for characters that reach apotheosis in the Balance

Just a slight adjustment to the sheet. This version will recalculate HPs based on achieving "Champion of the Balance" under the Allegiance system; i.e instead of (SIZ+CON)/2, HPs become SIZ+CON+POW.

The sheet will only recalculate HPs (and Major Wound level) if your score in the Balance is 100+ and is also greater than your score in Light and Shadow.

If you don't use the Allegiance system in Magic World, you can safely ignore this change.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nick J updated Magic World Form-fillable Character Sheet (Vanilla Hit Points) with a new update entry:

Bug fix and added functionality

First the big thing: I found a slight miscalculation in the Major Wound level (the old sheet was slightly in the player's favor for odd Hit Points divided by 2).

Other than that I put in a lot of little changes that should make it easier to track changes to your character.

List of changes:

• Separate fields for tracking current and original characteristics -- useful for characters that burn POW for Fey Magic, or get temporary boosts/banes from spells, etc.
  • A field for...

Bug is not a bug, and more quality of life improvements

Another update.

Why the change? My Major Wound calculation wasn't bugged after all, I was. Also, why the hell not?

List of changes
  • went back to the old Major Wound calculation. Turns out I was crazy and spent too much time reading the BRP Big Gold Book, and realized that I had it right the first time (greater than half HPs in MW. at or greater than half HPs in BRP)
  • Cleaned up a few more typos, and added more tool-tips.
  • Added a couple of widgets: One rolls characteristics as...

Big Changes

This update is "big" for the simple reason that it eliminates the need to maintain a separate sheet for "Heroic Hit Points" and the standard method. You can now toggle a radio button and it will recalculate on the fly.

Other Improvements:
  • Cleaned up some clunky code, this reduced the file size by about 18%
  • added some check boxes to the armor penalty values. You can turn them on or off to make it easier to recalculate skills based on your current circumstances.
  • Check...

Nick,
Would it make sense to put the version number of the character sheet on the sheet (maybe in small type) itself. It will be a while before we run Magic World again and I know I will not remember what version of the sheet I have then. Or failing that perhaps put the version number in the file name? Just an idea!

That's a good point. When I get home later today I'll do just that. When in doubt, you can always export the form data in a PDF with Acrobat or Foxit Reader, (not sure about other readers) and re-import it into a new sheet.

We'll call this a beta version of the next iteration of the sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1k86pmhc9dlqaa/MagicWorld CS (form-fillable)vBETA.2.1.0.pdf?dl=0

The biggest change is that base skill percentages change based on the species you select in the drop down menu. It also automatically adds a few species-related skills/attacks in the skills and weapons sections. The other big thing is that you can now more easily keep track of weapon skills, and even enter the skill-name and have it add the appropriate skill modifier: lore (XYZ) will apply intelligence modifier, melee weapons will apply Strength modifier, and missile weapons will apply Dexterity modifier (or it will copy your existing throw, brawl or wrestle skill % total if you enter one of those skills).

There's a lot of javascript behind these changes under the hood, so I'm curious about a couple of things:
  1. Does the sheet render or calculate noticeably slower than the old sheet?
  2. Did I miss anything with the regular expressions I entered? I tried to cover a lot of ground, but there might be something I missed.
  3. Are there any errors with the skill bases for non-human characters? I tried to test this as much as I possibly could, but something might have slipped through the cracks.
PM me if you find something and I'll fix it. Once I'm confident that all is in order I'll upload this officially.

Last edited:
New Beta version. This one has been more extensively tested and it should be just about ready for primetime. I added some open-source clipart to the border to "fancy it up." I'll probably upload both the plain background and this new slightly more artistic one.

Only other major change (besides bug-fixing and the border art), is there is now a tick-box for Occupation skills. I'm not 100% sure I like them, but it's a more permanent solution than just using a highlighter from the PDF reader comment tool. If somebody has a better idea I'm all ears.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hi79ryp8fx88ea/MagicWorld CS (form-fillable)vBETA.2.2.0.pdf?dl=0

Nick J updated Magic World Form-fillable Character Sheet with a new update entry:

Final version

I'm now truly finished. Anything I did after this would just be tinkering for its own sake.
Changes:
  • Added tic-boxes for occupation skills
  • Added a decorative border to the character sketch and the border (there's also a plain version of the sheet)
  • weapon skills can be tracked and managed in the weapons section
  • typing in a weapon class (swords, shield, spear, etc.) should yield the correct characteristic bonus in the skill total
  • Base skills vary based on species...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back