Make a recommendation RPGPUB!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Being stuck at home my nine year old daughter is begging me to run a game for her. Can anyone recommend a easy CHILD FRIENDLY scenario that I an acquire on DrivethruRPG? Preferably something with Princesses, knights, mermaids, or fairy tales. Also something small maybe 10 or 12 pages max.

If you like Fate / narrative games, there's a game called Do: Fate of the Flying Temple you'd might look into. It's all about kids and/or young adults who wander the multiverse doing good deeds and getting into endless trouble. The game's product page references Avatar: The Last Airbender and How to Train Your Dragon as being thematically aligned.

I'll plug Jason Morningstar's nifty Dungeon Squad 2 which is a very light dungeoncrawl game for kids.

Ebyllion is a kids-oriented game where you play young dragons.

Not a single recommendation comes to my mind at the moment, but when my kid was of that age, he didn't much like confrontations in our games. Now that's he's older, that is the stuff that lives for. Kind of.

Not many really interesting stories are to be had that do not have at least some kind of confrontation.

Back then he wanted to see the sights and interact with NPCs. Perhaps a theme park or something like that?

Not a single recommendation comes to my mind at the moment, but when my kid was of that age, he didn't much like confrontations in our games. Now that's he's older, that is the stuff that lives for. Kind of.

Not many really interesting stories are to be had that do not have at least some kind of confrontation.

Back then he wanted to see the sights and interact with NPCs. Perhaps a theme park or something like that?
I'll count that post as support for my recommendation of Camp Cretaceous, upthread:grin:!

When I gamed with my pre-teen daughters, Princess Leia and Yoda joined forces to kick stormtrooper ass. They were bloodthirsty as anything!

When I gamed with my pre-teen daughters, Princess Leia and Yoda joined forces to kick stormtrooper ass. They were bloodthirsty as anything!
Clearly, kids differ as well:thumbsup:.
I still believe that it's better to have a system and setting that can do both easily, and have plenty of material for sightseeing.

I think young kids swing through smash em, Gimme! and build it phases. Read the room and give them what they want.

I think young kids swing through smash em, Gimme! and build it phases. Read the room and give them what they want.
Excellent advice that I'm going to take to heart:smile:!

Thanks everyone! I went with Hero Kids. If my daughter likes that I will try some of the others out as well. Note I did have to talk her into it! She wanted to play the Ladybug, Ladybug Fly Away Home scenario from Stygian Fox. That's obviousy a big no.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back