Mapping tool needed: sci-fi screen readout maps

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Necrozius

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to provide hand-outs to my players in my upcoming sci-fi campaign.

The context is that I'd like to present the maps as the actual read-outs from their tech devices, like on a screen. A digital topographical map with markers to show locations and things.

Does anyone know of a tool to quickly generate this sort of thing? Are there any interesting geological map sites out there with neat filters? I can place markers in Foundry.

The look I'm going for is "retro-sci fi" user interfaces. Think sci-fi movies from the 80s and 90s. Usually black screen with bring green, orange or blue lines.

Cheers,

I will be following this thread with interest.:thumbsup:

I had to see what I could do in about 10 minutes. Using Other World Mapper, which has an elevation contour function, along with a stock cover, I put this together. I added the text to the scan map, which could be left off so you just have the elevation lines. The idea was the PC was holding a tablet-like scanner.

You can try out the free demo of OWM: https://www.otherworldmapper.com/demo.html
You can't save the maps, but no reason you can't copy and paste them either.....

cGoDOZU.jpg

Adding a Windrose and took out the map text.

VsWaqjp.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back