MARTIAL ARTS MOVIES

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I own that on DVD. The subs were so-so, as I remember some line where Sammo threatened to choke someone's chicken....

I own that on DVD. The subs were so-so, as I remember some line where Sammo threatened to choke someone's chicken....

There is a lot of very vulgar dialogue, I assume they were trying to find English equivalents to Chinese curse words and some of the results are odd and amusing.

There is a lot of very vulgar dialogue, I assume they were trying to find English equivalents to Chinese curse words and some of the results are odd and amusing.
Actually, choking someone's chicken sounds like the result of translating an idiom you don't know...:grin:

Martial Arts legend Sonny Chiba has died. Cinema, East and West, can never begin to repay him for his inestimable contributions to filmmaking.

Here is some good, old-fashioned, hand-cranked speedramping. Truly an innovator, and a giant who transcended genre to become a cultural icon. RIP. And fuck Covid.

The last movie I remember seeing him in was the Storm Riders. He was kick ass playing Lord Conquer

The bloopers for this movie (and scene in particular) are hilarious and painful looking. Let's just say that going in and out of a ladder is not easy...

Yeah the 'bloopers' for Rumble in the Bronx are also awesome/terrifying.

The math says it doesn't matter what the victim was practicing if there's never an opportunity to put it to use:shade:.
Did I mention that there's a lot of "putting it to use" in this flick?

Did I mention that there's a lot of "putting it to use" in this flick?
The Muay Thai, or the victim:devil:?

And yes, I suspected that much by the title of the thread where you're posting it.

I was watching a streak of old wrestling footage, but this came up in recommendations, and I'm now laughing my ass off...so I might as well share the movie.
You tell me what you think...

I really want to find a translated version of Faulad now. Voros Voros BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan have you seen this on the usual channels:grin:? I mean, I did find it in Hindi, but my ability in the original language doesn't extend too far from zero...:shade:

OTOH, it's a movie that's named Steel/Soldier (two alternative meanings of Faulad that I found). Given the amount of wrestling, what is this if not a martial arts movie:tongue:? The plot even has a prophecy, a cruel ruler committing mass murder, star-crossed love, a scheming vizier, and lots of fighting:angel:!

I really want to find a translated version of Faulad now. Voros Voros BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan have you seen this on the usual channels:grin:? I mean, I did find it in Hindi, but my ability in the original language doesn't extend too far from zero...:shade:
I don't see the problem. A fair amount of my childhood TV viewing was Hindi movies with Arabic substitles, and I am far from fluent in either language. Understanding what people are saying in a movie just limits your ability to put your own interpretation on it.

I don't see the problem. A fair amount of my childhood TV viewing was Hindi movies with Arabic substitles, and I am far from fluent in either language. Understanding what people are saying in a movie just limits your ability to put your own interpretation on it.
Well, I'd still like to understand what they're saying, though...call me old-fashioned:thumbsup:!

(And 3 words in Hindi ain't nearly enough for that:shade:).

OTOH, it's a movie that's named Steel/Soldier (two alternative meanings of Faulad that I found). Given the amount of wrestling, what is this if not a martial arts movie:tongue:? The plot even has a prophecy, a cruel ruler committing mass murder, star-crossed love, a scheming vizier, and lots of fighting:angel:!

This is a bit outside my area I am afraid.

I was watching a streak of old wrestling footage, but this came up in recommendations, and I'm now laughing my ass off...so I might as well share the movie.
You tell me what you think...

Indian film beyond Ray is a blind spot for me, although I've heard a lot of good things about RRR which is streaming on Netflix.

After seeing a lot of more fantasy oriented martial arts films from mainland China, I found one that's more grounded and somewhat darker in Rusty Blade. The protagonist is the best swordsman in his area, but is trying to give up that life for his family. Things don't go so well, and 10 years later the sins of his past come back seeking retribution. Decent sword fights without the wire fu make this the best movie in the genre I've seen this year

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back