Marvel Super Heroes: Lone Wolves

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
Int = 4 (+1 when using specialist weapon)

DD throws his billyclub at Speed Demon.

Result = 79 + 2CS for Weapon Specialization Yellow
 
Last edited:

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
Since it seems everyone else has escaped Moon Knight will work to tie up Speed Demon. If he needs too add to it he will sidekick Speed Demon's knee. "Someone tie up the guy with fur."
 
Last edited:

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
I rolled initiative for Moon Knight just to keep things moving forward.

Speed Demon slides the lasso down around his legs, freeing himself for action, and immediately begins to taunt the assembled vigilantes: "Fools! With my speed, you'll never--"
DD throws his billyclub at Speed Demon.
Seeing that the Owl has escaped for the moment, Dagger turns around and launches one of her light-daggers at the only remaining foe present, hoping that Speed Demon being ensnared will offset the advantage his superhuman speed grants him.
Clocked by Daredevil's flung billy club and then struck by a light dagger, Speed Demon loses consciousness and sags to the floor, unable to complete his thought.
Since it seems everyone else has escaped Moon Knight will work to tie up Speed Demon. If he needs too add to it he will sidekick Speed Demon's knee. "Someone tie up the guy with fur."
Spider-Man tries to make a big web hammock below Rhino to catch him or at least cushion his impact.
Meanwhile outside, Spider-Man misjudges the distance between himself and the ground, or fails to correctly gauge Rhino's acceleration, or maybe his own velocity, and immediately regrets the number of physics classes he skipped out on at Empire State University. His web fluid splatters against the pavement at the wrong angle, sploshing everywhere without forming a cushion or hammock. Rhino smashes into the sidewalk below, throwing up small chunks of broken pavement in a twenty-foot radius and leaving a small crater with Rhino at the center, apparently dazed but otherwise not seriously hurt.

Only Spider-Man needs to roll initiative at this point, and then only if he intends to fight or pursue Rhino. Everyone else can just state what he or she is doing, as can Spider-Man if he abandons the Rhino situation and just wants to rejoin the others.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
(OOC: Sorry about not rolling a new init. Just missed it. ) "Good shot horns, and miss! Well done!"
 

Toric

Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
497
Reaction score
467
Spider-Man swings onto a perch above the street where Rhino crashed down and waits to see what the behemoth is going to do. "Clear the streets! Get out of here!" he yells to any bystanders that Rhino might threaten.

Initiative=3
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
DD ties up Speed Demon tightly so he won't be able to escape. Battered but not beaten he uses his senses to detect where the others fled and what is going on outside.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
I make sure the others are tied up securely, and weapons, devices, and the like removed.
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
Dagger will keep an eye out for any surprises that might pop up while Daredevil and Moon Knight secure the prisoners.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
Spider-Man swings onto a perch above the street where Rhino crashed down and waits to see what the behemoth is going to do. "Clear the streets! Get out of here!" he yells to any bystanders that Rhino might threaten.
In the street, bystanders scatter in all directions, some into traffic where cars and trucks and vans swerve in desperation to avoid running them down. A large moving truck crashes into a signalpost, taking it down and causing further confusion and chaos. Rhino looks up, disoriented, and shakes an enormous fist, bellowing, "Come down and fight like a man, you annoying insect, or I'll trample some of these fools!"
DD ties up Speed Demon tightly so he won't be able to escape. Battered but not beaten he uses his senses to detect where the others fled and what is going on outside.
I make sure the others are tied up securely, and weapons, devices, and the like removed.
Dagger will keep an eye out for any surprises that might pop up while Daredevil and Moon Knight secure the prisoners.
Dagger, Daredevil, and Moon Knight disarm, restrain, and bind Kraven the Hunter and Speed Demon without difficulty.
Daredevil can faintly hear the commotion below but not well enough from this height to discern much detail. As to the whereabouts of the Owl and White Rabbit, he hasn't a clue. Presumably White Rabbit could still be in the building as it wasn't more than a few minutes since she fled the penthouse.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
'Sounds like trouble outside,' I tell the others. 'I'm pretty beat-up, maybe best for you to handle it. I'll see if I can track White Rabbit.'
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"Let's get these guys to the cops, and maybe drop in on Spidey?" He said questioning Daredevil. "Dagger, you did a fantastic job. It's alright to get some rest and recover while we deal with whatever horns thinks is bad downstairs." He pauses for a minute. Gets out his radio if it's intact and calls Frenchie. "Hey, finest Frenchman I've ever known, you got time to swing by a building and do a pick up of a heroic girl who needs some medical care if she's willing?" He looks to Dagger questioningly in his cowl, eyes narrowed. "I'm sure you can talk the gentlemen into dropping you on target if you still want to chase the Rabbit down her hidey-hole, but I'd like to make sure we're there too, and that she doesn't shoot at you, that costume can't protect much, I don't know how Spidey and DD do this sometimes. Some god blessed them with more oomph, I guess. He laughs softly. Not that Khonshu hasn't done a good job watching over me."
 
Last edited:

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
I'll be updating this on Monday. Sorry for the delay but I'm currently occupied with some unforeseen issues and won't be online at all until then.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
Dagger will keep an eye out for any surprises that might pop up while Daredevil and Moon Knight secure the prisoners.
"Let's get these guys to the cops, and maybe drop in on Spidey?" He said questioning Daredevil. "Dagger, you did a fantastic job. It's alright to get some rest and recover while we deal with whatever horns thinks is bad downstairs." He pauses for a minute. Gets out his radio if it's intact and calls Frenchie. "Hey, finest Frenchman I've ever known, you got time to swing by a building and do a pick up of a heroic girl who needs some medical care if she's willing?" He looks to Dagger questioningly in his cowl, eyes narrowed. "I'm sure you can talk the gentlemen into dropping you on target if you still want to chase the Rabbit down her hidey-hole, but I'd like to make sure we're there too, and that she doesn't shoot at you, that costume can't protect much, I don't know how Spidey and DD do this sometimes. Some god blessed them with more oomph, I guess. He laughs softly. Not that Khonshu hasn't done a good job watching over me."
"Mais oui," replies Frenchie over the crackling radio. "But, boss, is she willing?"
'Sounds like trouble outside,' I tell the others. 'I'm pretty beat-up, maybe best for you to handle it. I'll see if I can track White Rabbit.'
Exiting the room by way of the door through which White Rabbit fled, you find yourself in a hallway with a one door to your left on the opposite side of the hall, an elevator almost directly in front of you across the hall, and another door to your right on the opposite side of the hall. There's no immediate indication which way White Rabbit might have gone.
"Fine buddy, whatever you say!" Spider-Man yells to Rhino. He swings down, picks up the nearest car with no one in it and throws it at Rhino, assuming there are no innocent bystanders standing next to the behemoth.
The bystanders have fled the immediate vicinity. Spider-Man finds a 1984 Chevrolet Cavalier he can easily lift and throw at Rhino. The good news is Rhino makes an easy target. The bad news is the Cavalier smashes into pieces against Rhino's tough hide and only makes him angrier. He sets himself for a charge.

In game terms, he's currently 2 areas away so unless you avoid it, he'll hit you with a charge next round.
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
Dagger cocks an eyebrow, but only responds "Thanks for the offer, but I'm not setting this one out. If nothing else, I owe Mr. Carroll's number one fangirl a return engagement." She then looked briefly at the dried blood on her thigh. "It's not as bad as it looks. It was more the initial shock than anything serious, I think. Yeah, it will be sore in the morning, but I can deal with that later. That said, I won't turn down some transportation, if you're offering. This is a little high up compared to my normal rooftop maneuverings."*

*OOC: as an aside, while it would be anachronistic to refer to it as such, I envision Dagger's improvised method of moving along the rooftops and city walls to essentially be Parkour.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
I check rhe door on the left then the right.[/quote]
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
"Alright, then, miss." Moon Knight then radios Frenchie. "She's still wanting to step up..so, that's a no, thanks for the work my friend."

"Well, any of you want to help web-head? I don't think I can hit hard enough, but if you two aim for the rabbit, I'll drop down and try and assist."
 

Toric

Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2019
Messages
497
Reaction score
467
Initiative=1

Spider-Man tries to time his dodge perfectly to leap out of the way of Rhino's charge at just the right moment so as not to get steamrolled.

OOC: Is there an Agility roll required for that? Can't remember off-hand and not near my books at the moment...
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
Initiative=1

Spider-Man tries to time his dodge perfectly to leap out of the way of Rhino's charge at just the right moment so as not to get steamrolled.

OOC: Is there an Agility roll required for that? Can't remember off-hand and not near my books at the moment...
Yeah, you want to roll Agility for your Dodge.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
I check rhe door on the left then the right.
I'll do this one at a time in case Daredevil wants to do anything in the first room...

Opening the unlocked door on the left, your olfactory senses take in the strong scent of coffee brewing even as your echolocation outlines a large kitchen area with a small table at which two bodies are seated, sipping at freshly brewed coffee and apparently undisturbed by the commotion across the hall. From their voices you can tell it's a pair of women, probably household staff, but their conversation stops as soon as they become aware of your presence at the entryway.
Dagger cocks an eyebrow, but only responds "Thanks for the offer, but I'm not setting this one out. If nothing else, I owe Mr. Carroll's number one fangirl a return engagement." She then looked briefly at the dried blood on her thigh. "It's not as bad as it looks. It was more the initial shock than anything serious, I think. Yeah, it will be sore in the morning, but I can deal with that later. That said, I won't turn down some transportation, if you're offering. This is a little high up compared to my normal rooftop maneuverings."*
"Alright, then, miss." Moon Knight then radios Frenchie. "She's still wanting to step up..so, that's a no, thanks for the work my friend."

"Well, any of you want to help web-head? I don't think I can hit hard enough, but if you two aim for the rabbit, I'll drop down and try and assist."
Spider-Man tries to time his dodge perfectly to leap out of the way of Rhino's charge at just the right moment so as not to get steamrolled.
Spider-Man easily jumps aside in his own inimitable fashion, causing the raging Rhino to barrel past him into a lightpost, which bends near its base and comes tumbling down into the street, perpendicular to the street and across the hood of a yellow taxicab, causing a stop in the flow of traffic. Sparks fly from an exposed electric line, but not dangerously unless someone gets within a yard or two of the damaged post.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
DD says 'Sorry ladies, take cover and stay safe.' And then moves to the next door.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
DD says 'Sorry ladies, take cover and stay safe.' And then moves to the next door.
Opening the unlocked door on the right, you immediately smell an admixture of disinfectant, liquid soap, and just a little perspiration and realize your senses are telling you that you have caught a woman in a restroom. She's stands 5'7" and is in excellent physical condition and carries a small satchel by a strap slung over her left shoulder and a hardcover book in her right hand. The book gives off the slightly vanilla scent of an older volume. "Daredevil!" she exclaims. "What are you doing here?" Her heart is pounding from excitement, anxiety, or exertion--you're not sure which.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
I just duck out quickly with a muttered 'Sorry.' But then I reach out with my senses as I suspect she may be the White Rabbit in disguise (or out of disguise?).
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
Moon Knight is dropping down using his grappling axe, to see if he can aid Spider-Man.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
I just duck out quickly with a muttered 'Sorry.' But then I reach out with my senses as I suspect she may be the White Rabbit in disguise (or out of disguise?).
She has the right height and build to be White Rabbit, but you have no idea if her complexion, eyes, and hair color are a match or not and she's not wearing a rabbit costume. Additionally, you didn't get much chance to focus on White Rabbit's scent during the fight and this woman has evidently been cleaning herself up, so any scent particular to White Rabbit would possibly have been washed away now. There was too much happening during the brief fight for you to have gotten a fix on any surefire identifying features aside from height, weight, and costume. Suffice it to say, this woman could be White Rabbit...or she could just be someone of similar build.
Moon Knight is dropping down using his grappling axe, to see if he can aid Spider-Man.
"Why don't you just surrender peacefully?" Spider-Man quips. "I can jump over you all day long!" The web-slinger then fires some webbing at the sparking electrical line hoping to snare it and then hit Rhino with it.
Spider-Man's webbing, although it connects to the electrical line, unfortunately doesn't affix itself securely enough to be useful. Meanwhile, you see Moon Knight descending to street level while Rhino charges you again.

Toric Toric: Roll Agility if Spider-Man wants to Dodge.

Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl: What is Dagger doing?

Everybody down in the street should roll for Initiative just to make it clear in what order actions will occur.
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
Usually DD would go help his allies in the fight but he's so beaten up he decides a bit of detective work may pay off more so he retreats from the woman but decides to use his senses to trail her.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
Usually DD would go help his allies in the fight but he's so beaten up he decides a bit of detective work may pay off more so he retreats from the woman but decides to use his senses to trail her.
Just to be clear, is Daredevil loitering in the hall outside the restroom waiting for her to come out, or is he doing something else?
 

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
9,911
Reaction score
16,559
I'll retreat back to the room we fought the villains in and use my senses to track her once she has left.
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
Dagger will try to make way down to the street level via more conventional means, keeping an eye out for any ambushes or surprises as she does so. Unfortunately, compared to the others it may take her a while to do so.
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
Is Dagger going to the elevator inside the building? I'll update Daredevil and Dagger once I'm sure as they may both be in the same location.

Moon Knight arrives on the scene just in time to see Rhino plough into a desperately flailing Spider-Man, who feels like he just got hit by a truck.

Spider-Man takes Monstrous (75) damage thanks to Rhino's excellent Endurance check results. Rhino also scores a Stun so Spidey needs to make an Endurance check and get a green or better result to avoid being knocked unconscious for 1-10 rounds.
q4bfmbi_by_dynamo1212_dacgy4f-pre.jpg
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
OOC: Dagger will take the elevator to get down to the street level where the others are (might be booby-trapped, but it would otherwise take her forever to make her way down).
 

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
15,064
Reaction score
30,600
As Dagger exits the room through the door to the hallway and elevator, Daredevil is reentering from the opposite direction. There are two doors and an elevator on the opposite side of the hall: one door is to the left of Dagger, almost directly in front of her is the elevator, and there is another door to her right.
 

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
2,360
I'm going to lasso Spider-Man and try and pull him up to the third story, I'll break a window if I have to place him inside. "Come on Webby, time to wake up!" he yells as he does this as quickly as he can.

(Roll: 72)
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top