Marvel Super Heroes: Lone Wolves

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Just as the last of you makes it up into the shadowy rafters, the door opens with a scraping sound. Two burly men enter, one swarthy and smoking a cigar and the other pale and jangling the keys in his pocket. They're dressed in ordinary coveralls. A hard bright light filters through the door they left ajar, but neither makes a move to turn on the lights.

"Man, they gotta stop scrimpin' on maintenance," says the pale one.

"I know, Steve," replies the swarthy one. "I wouldn't wanna be the boss if Mr. Fisk ever finds out the money for the security system went to private schools for the kids instead."

"Yeah? What's fatty gonna do, call the cops?" asks Steve .

"If I was you I'd show some respect. That ain't fat, man, that's all muscle. I seen him work out."

"Yeah, well, he ain't here, Stan," says Steve as he bends at the knee to lift a crate. "C'mon, help me with this."

"Not without my gloves on, man," says Stan as he slides his hands into a pair of industrial blue nitrile gloves. "I don't know what this stuff is and I'm not taking any chances."

"Well, too late now, " says Steve. "I wish Vito and Rick had got that order right. That Yellowlands guy is a freak if you ask me."

"Nobody asked you."

"Yeah, well, his birds give me the creeps the way they stare at us. Let's get this done quick. Run a few red lights if we have to."

As you watch from above, you see them start to heave the crate toward the exit to the alley.

I wait for them to load the van and leave and then try to track them, close behind Spidey who should be ahead of me most of time due to his webslinging.

Last edited:
"Private schools?" he questions himself. "I wonder if that's just for him or he's actually charitable...unlikely but you never now." He follows as well, using his lasso to swing somewhat hidden as best he can.

Spider-Man will also wait for the goons to load the van and climb back inside. He will then toss a Spider Tracer onto the top of the van in case he loses the van for any reason. As soon as they drive away, he will follow via web-swinging.

Steve and Stan load the crate into the back of the van, slam the rest doors shut, and climb in front. Steve takes the wheel. The muffler coughs as the van proceeds at a pace a bit too fast to be safe in an alleyway. The can proceeds west through the alley and then turns north, retracing the route Dagger witnessed earlier.

Toric Toric, give us an Agility roll for the Spider-Tracer throw, just in case. It should be an easy throw for Spider-Man at the current range so take +1 CS to your Agility for purposes of the roll.

Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl, is Dagger following as well?

OOC: yes, Dagger follows along with the others - if Spidey wants to carry her along as he webswings his way following the truck, that's fine, since he can no doubt move faster than her just trying to follow along the rooftops.

"Hey, webhead, want to help our deLightful friend some help? She doesn't seem to fly, or sling..and I know you're stronger than I am..." Moon Knight says.

Throwing Spider Tracer = 27 (Not great but a Green result with or without the +1 CS)

Spider-Man tosses the Spider Tracer, wincing a little as his throw almost goes awry. "That should ensure we don't lose the van," he says to the others. At Moon Knight's suggestion, he turns to Dagger. "Want a lift?" Assuming she does, he'll grab ahold of her and launch himself into the air, following the van.

"You are a gentleman web-head!" He says as he goes. "Blessed by Khonshu I may be, but that is amazing..."

Everybody make an Intuition roll and tell me what color you get, please.

OOC: Intuition roll = 46 which is Green by the skin of its teeth.

Last edited:
OOC: Intuition Roll 97 (Moon Knight is BLESSED) atm apparently.

I went ahead and rolled for Toric Toric (yellow result for Spider-Man) so things can move along.

Each of you using his or her own unique method of swinging across the rooftops and streets of New York, you tail the van as it proceeds south to Tribeca by way of Broadway until it comes to a stop at the service entrance on the rear of a luxury apartment building. The address is the same as you earlier saw on the packing slip: 105 Duane St, New York, NY 10007. You can't help but notice there was no apartment number listed, yet the delivery men seem unconcerned as they clamber out of the van and Steve pounds on the service door.
12-nys_-insurance-fund_.jpg

Man, I don't know why I'm not getting notifications. Gotta remember to check in here every couple days...

Spider-Man will land somewhere above Steve, clinging to the wall of the building if necessary, and still close enough to hear anything that is said.

I try to track their movements by clambering on the side of the building and using my senses to track their movements.

"I will keep watch my friends, the unsavory business can come to bad ends." Moon Knight says as he lingers in what shadows he can find watching the criminals at work.

Dagger, having been dropped off by Spider-Man nearby, moves toward Moon Knight to help keep watch, while Daredevil and the webhead work their way up the side of the building.

As you observe from your respective positions, you see the service entrance door open and an attractive but severe-looking woman wearing horn-rimmed glasses and a pantsuit with large shoulder pads speaking to Steve and Stan. She looks exasperated with them as they heave the crate out of the back of their delivery van and with great exaggeration of its weight, lug it into the building. The woman nervously looks around outside before pulling the door closed behind them, but fortunately does not think to look up.

Since Spider-Man specified getting close enough to hear, and Daredevil's hearing is superior to that of a normal man, both of you are able to make out the conversation:

Woman: "Took you idiots long enough. Mr. Yellowlands has been kept waiting quite long enough, thank you. Where is it?"
Stan: "In back. You want us to carry it up?"
Woman: "No, moron, I wear a thousand-dollar suit because I do menial labor for a living. Hurry up."
Steve: "I guess this means no tip."
Woman: "You're lucky Mr. Yellowlands lets you live."

Once Steve, Stan and the woman disappear into the building, Spider-Man will drop down to where Dagger and Moon Knight wait and relay what he overheard.

"The woman didn't give her name but she was all pissy with Steve and Stan for making Mr. Yellowhands wait, whoever the heck that is," he says. And as an afterthought, "Oh, and she's wearing a thousand dollar suit. Seems a tad excessive."

"I don't care how much money she's wearing", Dagger says, "those shoulder pads are hideous."

Seeing Spidey informing the others I try and track where they are lugging the package by clambering up the building and following their progress with my senses.

"Definitely trying to shore up her weaknesses, I guess, with an expensive suit, probably personality issues, she is working for criminals." Moon Knight adds.

"I shoulda put the tracer on the crate instead of the van," Spidey says to Moon Knight and Dagger. "I'm guessing DD has something up his sleeve given that he's climbing up the outside of this building."

Daredevil ascends the side of the building as the others speculate as to his reasoning. Dagger, Moon Knight, and Spider-Man see the red-garbed acrobat swing up via his trademark billy club and line, moving ever upward like one of those "human flies" that were so popular just a few years ago, slowing occasionally as if listening, except there's nothing to hear aside from, perhaps, traffic and the occasional shouts of looky-loos below attracted by the assembly of costumed kooks in their neighborhood now that your crimson-suited companion has moved into plain sight and drawn attention to all of you. You hear a heckler call out, "Go back to the Baxter Building, why don't ya?" Daredevil climbs 16 stories to the base of the penthouse before he stops.

To anyone else, the sound of the service elevator would be but a faint murmur muffled by sound-proofing and the exterior walls of the luxury apartment building, but to you it's as loud as a freight train when you're standing under the trellis it's passing over. The elevator rises 15 stories to where the building suddenly slims: you guess it just be a penthouse that sits atop the lower levels and commands a view of the city. The elevator continues one more story to what just be the base of the penthouse, then it stops.

Is anyone going after Daredevil?

I am using my axe/grappling hook combo. "Let's see what we can find out along with Daredevil." (61 on Agility)

Last edited:
Spider-Man will look at Dagger after Moon Knight leaves. "You want another lift?"

Assuming she says yes, he will pick her up and web swing up to the level where Daredevil is, trying to find a suitable landing spot around the penthouse.

"Well, I can't say you never take me anywhere," Dagger quips.

I am using my axe/grappling hook combo. "Let's see what we can find out along with Daredevil." (61 on Agility)
Spider-Man will look at Dagger after Moon Knight leaves. "You want another lift?"

Assuming she says yes, he will pick her up and web swing up to the level where Daredevil is, trying to find a suitable landing spot around the penthouse.
"Well, I can't say you never take me anywhere," Dagger quips.
When the three of you reach the point where Daredevil stopped, you find there's plenty of room on the rooftop as the building narrows to about a third of its width at ground level, and only the penthouse structure continues upward for another four floors. The penthouse sits atop the building and commands a panoramic view of the city from its windows and a wide deck or balcony on the rear side. You can't see much detail from below, but it's clear that whoever lives there must have deep pockets. When you reach Daredevil, he's at the base of the penthouse and seems to be listening for something or someone.

Voros Voros can decide what, if anything, Daredevil reveals.

'They took the delivery to the penthouse at the top of the building, they mentioned someone called Mr. Yellowhands. Should we storm in and see what we find?' says DD.

"I prefer a quiet approach." Moon Knight says, vigilant, but cautious.

"What kind of name is Mr. Yellowhands?" Spider-Man says with a snort. He then glances between Dagger, DD and Moon Knight. "Let me take a quick look at the roof."

He swings up to the top of the penthouse, looking for any means of entry there like doors, or air vents. He'll also swing around the penthouse to see if there are any obviously open windows. Once done with this, he returns to the others with what he found.

"What kind of name is Mr. Yellowhands?" Spider-Man says with a snort. He then glances between Dagger, DD and Moon Knight. "Let me take a quick look at the roof."

He swings up to the top of the penthouse, looking for any means of entry there like doors, or air vents. He'll also swing around the penthouse to see if there are any obviously open windows. Once done with this, he returns to the others with what he found.
There are numerous open windows easily large enough for any of you to climb through. Additionally, the French doors opening onto the balcony are opened wide and you scare the devil out of a maid who was polishing silverware and a quartet wine flutes set on a large wooden table on the balcony beside four deck chairs. She immediately shrieks and turns to run inside the penthouse.
Almost immediately after Spider-Man swings away, Daredevil, Dagger, and Moon Knight hear a shriek from above.

Not use to working with others DD climbs up to the Penthouse and smashes through any available skylight or window to gain access.

"What by Khonshu is it with those two? One leaves and the other leaps in, alright Dagger, what do you want to do?"

OOC: sorry I didn't respond sooner, didn't get a notification for the last few messages.

"They're used to working alone," Dagger concedes. "Let's get up there ASAP."

"True, as am I, hang on, I think I can take you, just not as quickly as webhead."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back